• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Rhoryn

IHISI Flash write error in SMI? Bios update

4 posts in this topic

When i click the BIOS version i want to download it opens insydeflash normally but then it comes up with an error.

IHISI: Flash write error in SMI!

SMI Return Code: 0x25

i downgraded to a08 for no reason, just a test, now when i click on any bios version it comes up with the error..

i downgraded my bios perfectly earlier and it worked so i dont understand why this wont.. all i want to do is unlock my bios and disable damn hyperthreading so i can play a game.

Any ideas ? :( i am pretty computer savvy but try and explain it simply!

Hey, this might not be the best answer but I've just had this problem as well and after a bit of googling I found this on wikipedia, related to SMM, therefore to SMI.

"By design, the operating system cannot override or disable the SMI. Due to this fact, it is a target for malicious rootkits to reside in."

Therefore thats the reason why this error occurs when trying to update bios, I think.

Anyway, after getting the error, my pc restarted and there were no problems at all, seemingly everything went actually right.

Full link to wiki for more info: System Management Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for such a late answer, good luck and have a nice day!

I got the same error for flashing modded bios, but it worked fine on official bios.

im trying to do the same, but maybe because im trying to go from a14 to a03 it gives me the same error even though i got the bios from dell 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steppdroid
      Hi All, We can Unlock the last bios and vbios for ovc the gtx950m of Asus N552VX ? would  nice!

Specification Notebook
      Backup bios with afuwinx64

Thanks in Advance

If i try to get a backup  bios of gtx950M i get this error:
      (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti sono riservati. C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64 C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>nvflash -b backupbios.rom NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0) Modified Version By Joe Dirt Adapter: GeForce GTX 950M (10DE,139A,1043,1C9D) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00 WARNING: Debug port will be disabled during EEPROM access. The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device. Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:000A Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_PREP failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT Identifying EEPROM... Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>  
    • By edneyhelene
      I just bought this laptop and im using it for gaming, 1366x768 is its default resolution and i just think it does pretty well!

Model specs::

Acer Aspire F15  F5-573g-59aj

Processor: Core i5 6200u 2.3ghz with turbo boost to 2.8ghz
      Nvidia Geforce 940mx Gddr5 2gb dedicated vram
      8gb ddr4 kingston
      Intel 520 graphics
      USB 3.1

The cpuid link is here: http://valid.x86.fr/hh1ql9

My basic  questions are:

1)  Why the hell the bios is so useless? how do i activate the advanced tab menu? there are no parameters to replace to adjust, only boot options and it sucks =( ( Can anyone please unlock it?)

2) where do i find  a new vbios for 940mx Gddr5 ? and how to i flash it? is there an special tool like on desktops? im very used on overclocking and bios modding desktops but this is my first laptop and i want to start with it!

3) i usually use ubu (unified bios updater) to update bios modules from my desktop uefi bios including micro code...is it possible with notebooks?

Thanks alot

• By biboa
      Hi,
      i was preparing for a gpu replacement, so i decided to flash my alienware m17xr3 A12 bios into an unlocked version.
      I removed the gpu, put "PAR00X64.fd" in the root of a FAT32 usb.
      i unplugged the power cord, inseted the usb drive in the esata port, and held the end button before replugging the cord.
      the fans kicked in, and i heard 30 beeps, then it restarted.
      after that, it wouldn't stop resatarting. it kept rebooting even when i held the end key for more than 20 mins.
      i'm really confused right now as of what to do to fix this issue.
      i would really apreciate any help you have to offer me.
    • By szumial
      Hi!
      I have recently a power shortage problem - the battery in my laptop ran out of juice and it suddenly shut down. This resulted in a broken SSD drive, which actually died a week later (not detected by any system or adapter). The laptop also had another SSD msata drive installed which was ok and I could see the data on it when booting into linux from pendrive. I then got a new drive and went for a completely new system in RAID 1 config for backup - changed legacy to UEFI mode in BIOS, removed the mSATA before in case I got something wrong and the data was erased. After installing Windows to the RAID volume I plugged the mSATA SSD into the mobo again and it is no longer visible for both BIOS and Windows. What could have gone wrong? I assume these possibilities: the motherboard went wrong or the drive got broken - question is "HOW"?

I resorted to google straightaway and I've found several tips:
      - update the BIOS (did that, and nothing changed)
      - change RAID/AHCI/ATA modes (still nothing)
      - reset the RAID, install new OS and drivers (still not showing the drive)
      - complete a "power cycle" for SSDs, found on Crucial's forums (is that even a thing?)

I need to recover the data from this mSATA drive - how do I do that?

The system I'm using:
      Dell M6700 with i7 3940XM
      16GBs of RAM
      2x ADATA SSD in a RAID array
      1x Samsung PM851a mSATA - the one I am trying to revive
    • By Flu
      What is up. Emailed Sager about latest bios and they sent me one. Suppose to provide support for Kabby lake 7XXX series processors as well as optimization for crappy WIFI cards that aka (cough cough KILLER) le'ts not point fingers here XD. File is below. Gotta flash through USB... there are plenty tutorials out there how to do but here are instruction from the email I got.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Ud_l2en4O0MGw0WWJCaXFUS0E

Rename the attached file to 9870BV08LS2.7z(Done it for you already)

Unzip the 9870BV08LS2.7z to a USB flash drive.

Restart Windows.

When the screen turns black, keep tapping F7.

Select enter setup on the boot menu.

Pull down the exit menu in the CMOS setup.

Launch EFI shell from filesystem device.

The Startup.nsh will flash the BIOS.
      Note. Sager Computer does not take the responsibility if the computer does not work after you updated the system BIOS & firmware by

yourself. ( Neither do I)

Enjoy