• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Rhoryn

IHISI Flash write error in SMI? Bios update

4 posts in this topic

When i click the BIOS version i want to download it opens insydeflash normally but then it comes up with an error.

IHISI: Flash write error in SMI!

SMI Return Code: 0x25

i downgraded to a08 for no reason, just a test, now when i click on any bios version it comes up with the error..

i downgraded my bios perfectly earlier and it worked so i dont understand why this wont.. all i want to do is unlock my bios and disable damn hyperthreading so i can play a game.

Any ideas ? :( i am pretty computer savvy but try and explain it simply!

Hey, this might not be the best answer but I've just had this problem as well and after a bit of googling I found this on wikipedia, related to SMM, therefore to SMI.

"By design, the operating system cannot override or disable the SMI. Due to this fact, it is a target for malicious rootkits to reside in."

Therefore thats the reason why this error occurs when trying to update bios, I think.

Anyway, after getting the error, my pc restarted and there were no problems at all, seemingly everything went actually right.

Full link to wiki for more info: System Management Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for such a late answer, good luck and have a nice day!

I got the same error for flashing modded bios, but it worked fine on official bios.

im trying to do the same, but maybe because im trying to go from a14 to a03 it gives me the same error even though i got the bios from dell 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By arschgesicht
      Hello,

I have bought a Clevo 680M with 29 vBios, but my W870CU refuses to detect it, in Bios it says: VGA Card: Unkown. It boots, but shuts down after ~1:30 mins, and after 1 minute blinking touchlights.
      Is there a way to get it working?

Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip
      Bios.rar
    • By yugioh
      Hello, 

Lenovo system update installed an update. Also my wifi was unstable so I downloaded the official intel update tool and tried to install the new driver for the wifi. The intel driver installer tried to install the new driver but it was unsuccessful and said reboot required before installing the driver, I rebooted the Z510. Then after reboot it automatically went to the bios. and I exited not saving the changes. 
      ... and black screen.
      I don't even get the lenovo logo. NOVO button cause black screen too.
      What I have done: 
      - opening the laptop and unplugging the battery and holding the power button for 15 second and turning it on with AC adapter
      - changing the ram 
      - removing the hard drive
      - replacing the laptop monitor with another 
      - plugging external monitor and try it 

not luck  
      Also, when I turn it on I noticed that the backlight of the screen blinks approximately every 2 seconds, as if it is some kind of corrupted boot loop. 

please help me I am student and I need my computer and I do not have money to buy a new one at the moment

If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask,
      I really appreciate your help,

• By hoani
      Hi,

I have upgraded my P170EM with a 970M a couple of years ago. I used the vBIOS from @Prema and his v2 BIOS.

Has shown on many thread, the v3 bios is not public and I have to stick with the v2 so I modded my infs for upgrading my nvidia drivers.

Upgrading from win7 to win10 was quite difficult and after many tries and fails, I managed to get a v359.13 version working properly.
      I modded the inf by myseft experiencing methods grabbed from many sources. I must say that this is not as simple as some says... Every version, the infs to be modded changes and sometimes it works, sometime it don't.

I then try to work with @J95, posting my difficulties on his inf mod dedicated thread.

All his releases are dedicated to "non-optimus" clevo laptop and thus are not working out of the box with my P170EM. He kindly tried many hacks to make his modded drivers work with the P170EM without success.

The only thing that work completly today is the v359.13.... And I had to revert back from the win10 anniversary edition to have at least the discrete GPU to be active. All my tries on drivers differents from 359.13 on non-anniversary edition of win10 would have the dx10/11 not working on discrete GPU or the dx9 not working on discrete GPU.

I can't count the hours I spent DDU my drivers, modding, trying, failing, retring.... This is a real hassle. Now I don't even want to try the new driver... But sometime I need to upgrade, especially for the optimisation available for the new games I can buy.

That's why I'm asking @Prema whether he could think about releasing the v3 BIOS for P170EM public ? I would also be OK with the option to be able to purchase it for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for your reply !
    • By technos
      I release here today my personal BIOS for the M18x R2. It is based upon svl7's unlocked A11, Swick's mods to A11, and I have changed back the boot images to default Alienware and Intel logos, as well as reverted the atheros LAN oprom back to the default version that does not take up extra boot time. All other modifications done by swick and svl7 remain intact. Copy files from zip to root of usb in a usb-dos environment, run flash.bat. Simple. Tested by me on two of my M18x R2 systems, works without issue. I take no responsibility if you brick your system, flash at your own risk. Only thing left to do is to somehow enable 2133 for sandy bridge CPU in M18x R2 motherboard.

Remember, give thanks to svl7 and swick for their initial work on this. I release this freely to the public, nobody should pay for this.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dGmVHDQ7iuNERzYkMwMW1RMDQ/view?usp=sharing

• By PieroAntonio
      Goodmorning everyone,
      I have for several years now an old w110er branded by Schenker in Germany.  Due to Overheating I upgraded bios with Premamod v3, after this update, the monitor began to flicker. so I did the downgrade to the original bios to revert to a working configuration. after performing this procedure as described on the notes the laptop turns on, the monitor remains black and the fan does not run. I tried the recovery operation with the bios file on usb properly renamed and turn on pressing Fn + B but nothing happens. What can I do to revive it?

I thank you in advance