• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Rhoryn

IHISI Flash write error in SMI? Bios update

4 posts in this topic

When i click the BIOS version i want to download it opens insydeflash normally but then it comes up with an error.

IHISI: Flash write error in SMI!

SMI Return Code: 0x25

i downgraded to a08 for no reason, just a test, now when i click on any bios version it comes up with the error..

i downgraded my bios perfectly earlier and it worked so i dont understand why this wont.. all i want to do is unlock my bios and disable damn hyperthreading so i can play a game.

Any ideas ? :( i am pretty computer savvy but try and explain it simply!

Hey, this might not be the best answer but I've just had this problem as well and after a bit of googling I found this on wikipedia, related to SMM, therefore to SMI.

"By design, the operating system cannot override or disable the SMI. Due to this fact, it is a target for malicious rootkits to reside in."

Therefore thats the reason why this error occurs when trying to update bios, I think.

Anyway, after getting the error, my pc restarted and there were no problems at all, seemingly everything went actually right.

Full link to wiki for more info: System Management Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for such a late answer, good luck and have a nice day!

I got the same error for flashing modded bios, but it worked fine on official bios.

im trying to do the same, but maybe because im trying to go from a14 to a03 it gives me the same error even though i got the bios from dell 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BAKED
      BAKED BIOS FOR KM, DM, P6, P4 SERIES with most menus and options unlocked. I've also added stock BIOS for these models which you'll find in the download section.

These BIOSes are somewhat beta versions and are only for advanced users who know what they are doing, new versions will be released later.

WARNING!! DON'T USE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!
      Don't change any options if unsure what they do, enabling some unsupported options or flashing the wrong BIOS for your model might brick your system i.e. break it. Use these BIOS mods at your own risk, I take no responsibility for bricked systems, be careful!

DISCLAIMER: FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! BIOS FLASHING MIGHT BE RISKY, THEREFORE IN ORDER TO AVOID FAILURE ONLY FLASH IN DOS AND NEVER TURN OF THE PC UNTIL FLASHING IS DONE AND MAKE SURE THE BATTERY AND AC-ADAPTER ARE CONNECTED TO AVOID POWER FAILURE WHICH MIGHT BRICK YOUR COMPUTER.

DM AND KM SERIES

P6 AND P4 SERIES INSTRUCTIONS:  

PAYPAL DONATE

ENJOY!

• By Madoka G
      Hello everyone,

I am an M17X R4 owner running WIN10 AND currently upgrading my laptop from an 7970m to a 970m.
      I have already successfully transferred my 970m to the motherboard and windows has detected the the gpu in device manager, optimus mode is enabled and the intel graphics are also detected.
      The laptop is currenlty booting in full UEFI mode and running bios A11 stock.

Currently I am experiencing issues with getting the 970m to run, my Intel graphics keep running only but i can see the 970m is installed and the settings can be changed from the nvidia control panel and can be benchmarked using FurMark.
      I managed to modify an nvidia driver using the device hardware ID's (not sure if that is the issue) but i think the main reason why the 970m is being used is because i require an unlocked Bios to change which GPU it runs on?

Everything up until this point has been an interesting learning curve and i feel i have almost cracked it. 
      what do you all think, any advice would be much appreciated by myself and my laptop
      Im no expert on the matter but if anyone wants any advice from my experiences above i would be happy to help the best i can. Thx

• By Arthur MN
      My laptop is a MSI GT70 2PC Dominator, and the video card is in trouble, I discovered that when removing the card from the slot, Windows 10 stops recognizing the activation and does not do the updates, it is necessary to make a change in the BIOS, but There is no such option.
      Anyone have experience on this problem, I need help to permanently disable the board without removing it from the notebook.
      I thank you ...
    • By Hello. I'm the doctor
      Obviously I'm trying to get over the stupid OC limit on my laptop. I tried flashing the vBIOS for the entire day with no succes. I used NVflash.
      This guy says I have something called 'optimus'. He also states that there's a different way to actually flash. https://gyazo.com/11a12fe3b609f35fa541b119f03f3c3c4
      Any help would be appreciated, and if someone has a trustworthy modded gtx950m bios they want to share with me that'd be great. I have one but I'm not sure it's going to work with this one.

My laptop :http://www.laptopshop.be/product/698368/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ak120nb-azerty.html?ref=266231&label=22734-AGI-39546111721-ASI-161986568190-698368&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyuPCBRCimuayhb3qqvwBEiQAgz62kaVpOfeAf8QYFp0dJzFlNLHiAkBn_v2lZKYi9TbCoEsaAq6w8P8HAQ 
    • By Prema
      T|I and the author are no longer associated. 
      For support kindly contact the author directly