Troubles with BigFoot Network Killer 1202

Moz

Hi,

I buy my Clevo P150EM with a BigFoot Network Killer 1102 wifi card, all works great !

Today, i mount a new BigFoot Network Killer 1202 wifi & bluetooth card and i have several issues...

First, i had a conflict because i didn't remove the first driver, but now, after a small registry cleaning, bluetooth and wifi works.

But, the wifi and the bluetooth led stays "off" for the first one and "on" for the other one, can i fix this with something ?

Thanks !

• Founder

So with the 1202 the LED indicator no longer turns on? If so that might be a bios compatibility issue with your system provided you installed the driver correctly.

I contact clevo, there is the conversation :

Dear Jeremy,

If bigfoot network Killer lead to WLAN and B not working. You hav to contect with them not to us for your information.

Sincerely Yours,

Dear Jeremy,

Could you please let me know on your systems do you install hotkey driver?

and without "bigfoot network Killer " progrem the hotkey function does it working fine? Could you removed "bigfoot network Killer " and check again on your side?

Sincerely Yours,

Dear Jermy,

On this model support win 8 the WLAN and BT control is in "Airplain mode" with (Fn+F11 and F12) , so on this modle if use win8 the WLAN and BT control( ON and OFF) the control icon is in "Airplain mode" for your information.

the BT LED will be alway on when the lapotp was turn on the laptop on win8. you can find on win8 user manual page C1-9,

Marketing

Dear Jeremy,

in win8 the hot key control is on win8 "Airplain mode" not on the LED. only on win7 the WLAN/BT control by hot key LED for your information.

and on win8 the BT LED will be alway one when turn on the lapotp. and the Hot key control (ON/OFF) is on win8 "Airplain mode"

Marketing

I'm not sure to understand, this is an incompatibility with windows 8 ?

• 1 month later...
What bios can allow that ? I don't have this option in the default clevo bios...

You can crossflash the P170EM BIOS and gain an OC of 4 extra multis for i7-27xxQM+ by using the Intel XTU Utility.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recevied my p170em with this card and it works well but:

-the hotkey driver don't really works with the wifi/bt, so I just don't play with the keys/led, although it is activated.

-the default driver given by clevo is not working, and seems to not be the good one. I went on qualcomm atheros to DL the good one, after all clevo driver installation, and it worked well.

• 2 months later...

Great to know the new bigfoot driver resolves this,

The following I posted some time ago on a different forum:

Hi all,

For the Bigfoot 1202 card you can get your wireless led going on a Clevo p170em by changing the following entry in the registry (simply search for "gpioPinFunc0", it should be somewhere under CurrentControlSet):

change value of gpioPinFunc0 from 1 to 4

reboot of turn off bigfoot under device manager and then back on again

The problem is in the install inf under [ledcontrol2.reg]:

[ledcontrol2.reg]

HKR, , gpioPinFunc0, 0x00002, "1"

HKR, , gpioFunc0ActHi, 0x00002, "0"

Now I want it to blink with activity but I've not managed that yet. I sent a mail with this info to bigfoot, no answer or confirmation yet.

just for information, i have the same wifi cad and suffered from several BSOD due to driver incompatibility.

To solve the issue i had to disable the application control, i dunno if it's due to some application being monitored or some driver's bug. I haven't tried the new drivers yet.

Ok i tried the new drivers, KillerSuite_v2_1.0.25.1224_Win7_Win8.. work like a charm. Application control is working correctly, and is more advanced, with pie charts and other stuff. No BSOD (for now, i'll keep in touch for that) and there is a cool metro GUI for the manager.