[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

I've revert back in 210 and then i used your tool to flash the vbios.the WinFlash /nodate works well :)

I think i'm out of luck 'cause i brake my warranty by upgrading the ram under the keyboard :/

No idea about the Asus warranty, but RAM is usually regarded as user-replaceable. Else just put back the original RAM sticks if you still have them.

I thought you meant the bios didn't get back... so /nodate works on your systems, nice.

I have no idea, I didn't touch anything which could possibly have something to do with the backlights. But I'm wondering... how have you been able to try all the other versions if Shaiytan hasn't been able to revert to an earlier version?

EDIT: Asus just released BIOS v222... might fix some issues. I did some quick research and it seems that many users aren't that happy with the stock v221... seems bugged.

Here's how to change back and forth between BIOS version even after flashing your modded one. The Ctrl - Home doesn't work with your modded BIOS, so you have to use the Asus WinFlash Utility... Download the correct version, there's one for Windows7 and Windows8. After installation, just running the program and trying to flash an older BIOS it see's that it's older and won't allow it. Here is the workaround:

Open up an Admin Command Prompt

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Asus\Winflash

Type:

winflash /nodate

It will launch the Windows GUI flasher and won't check the date of the BIOS, and you'll be able to flash it.

- - - Updated - - -

My warranty is 100% voided.... Ive replaced all RAM chips, and the WiFi card... all located under the keyboard... but I'm very good at dissasembly, there is NO evidence I have been inside this computer... I'm about to flash 222, but not with WinFlash, I'm going to use the Hotkey...

BIOS Version 222 didn't fix it... Do you think it may have something to do with Intel flashing utility used to flash your modded BIOS? Wiping something it shouldn't perhaps? Would you be able to build a stock BIOS to be flashed with that utility on the off-chance it may fix it?

i am attempting to flash my bios and i made sure fpt, flash and the bios files were all in the same folder and i ran the FLASH file and here is what i get.

fptw64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have made sure to do everything as administrator.

Any suggestions?

BIOS Version 222 didn't fix it... Do you think it may have something to do with Intel flashing utility used to flash your modded BIOS? Wiping something it shouldn't perhaps? Would you be able to build a stock BIOS to be flashed with that utility on the off-chance it may fix it?

i am attempting to flash my bios and i made sure fpt, flash and the bios files were all in the same folder and i ran the FLASH file and here is what i get.

fptw64.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have made sure to do everything as administrator.

Any suggestions?

Flash manually with

fptw64 -f filename -bios

I do see the correlation, but I can't find a satisfying explanation for it. The flash tool has absolutely nothing to do with this. All I modified in the bios is the setup utility plus the vbios. All other modules are untouched.

Ok, this may seem stupid but i JUST flashed my bios and allowed the laptop to boot directly into windows and the Backlight was OFF. All i had to do was holf the fn key and hit brightness up and it turned back on. Therefore i am flashed with the keyboard backlight.

I flashed G75VWmod221 on a clean install of Windows 7 and ALL OF THE ASUS software reinstalled.

Let me know if this works.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, this may seem stupid but i JUST flashed my bios and allowed the laptop to boot directly into windows and the Backlight was OFF. All i had to do was holf the fn key and hit brightness up and it turned back on. Therefore i am flashed with the keyboard backlight.

I flashed G75VWmod221 on a clean install of Windows 7 and ALL OF THE ASUS software reinstalled.

Let me know if this works.

Do you have a 660m or 670m? Mine is bricked right now, I'm either going to need to replace the BIOS, the MB, or just send it in... It's in it's warranty timeframe, hopefully it's a free repair or I won't get hit too hard...

That's interesting... If I understand this correctly, then Asus implemented the keyboard backlight stuff very badly. Can you do me a favor and dump your bios? I want to check something. I should be able to fix it in this case.

What did you do to brick your system??

I flashed the stock 222 BIOS with the Intel Utility and not the Asus WinFlash... completely unresponsive... nothing... anyway to fix it without sending it in? Ctrl home doesn't work... no lights plugged in from the front or by pressing power... its dead...

Not sent from your phone...

Well that won't work. There's a reason why I'm warining people about not using this tool without my detailed instructions and modified files.

Nothing you could do to fix it yourself.

Well that won't work. There's a reason why I'm warining people about not using this tool without my detailed instructions and modified files.

Nothing you could do to fix it yourself.

Yes, I understand my BIOS is completely bricked, but with disassemby is there a way to communicate with it and reflash it?

That's interesting... If I understand this correctly, then Asus implemented the keyboard backlight stuff very badly. Can you do me a favor and dump your bios? I want to check something. I should be able to fix it in this case.

Here is dump my G75VW bios v2.22 with keyboard backlight by fptw64:

http://bibliotekalubawa.neostrada.pl/g75vw.bin

Go work!

;)

1. I flash original bios v2.22 G75VW

2. Instruction: Keyboard Light Fix (Gary Key)

3. Files: http://forced-inductions.com/G73JhFixKBLights.rar

4. My keyboard backlight ALIVE !!!!!

5. Good Luck and Be Happy !!!!

:)

I've already flashed the modded BIOS. Can I follow those instructions and retain the mods? In other words, does the fix you pointed to here fix only the backlight issue and nothing else?

Yes, I understand my BIOS is completely bricked, but with disassemby is there a way to communicate with it and reflash it?

Nothing you could do, no.

I've already flashed the modded BIOS. Can I follow those instructions and retain the mods? In other words, does the fix you pointed to here fix only the backlight issue and nothing else?

Modified or stock bios, doesn't matter... you should be able to use it. I don't have a system to test it myself.