[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

• Bios Modder
Is there any way to adjust gpu settings for my G75VW with the 3GB GTX 670?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What kind gpu settings for 3GB GTX 670 you want to adjust? Are you to try mod bios from the first post of this topic?

so anyone have any results? id like to see what kind clocks you guys are getting and what kind of temperatures and performance if possible :)

I don't have enough posts to download and try this yet but I'm very eager to do so. I replaced my mobo and am still getting the same issue i have been having. Hopefully i can tinker with these bios and resolove my issue.

what issue are you having? maybe i can help? i dont have enough posts either, im not trying to just mindlessly post either to get them, id rather do some research first, but tell me your problem or post a link to a topic you posted or something and maybe i can help you out...i hope :)

Merry Xmas and happy new year guys!

Also i was hoping to an answer to a question if possible, now seeing that with these bios we can do some overclocking, i see cooling as a factor, is it possible to increase the fan speed manually with the bios? Also do any of you guys suggest any kind of different cooling or some kind of upgrade, after i get my hands on these bios, and see what kind of limits i can hit, im gonna be careful, i dont wanna blow anything out, so i might try to put together a sealed low profile liquid cooling system that will fit right into the laptop without any modification to the exterior! :D lemme know if this is something you guys would be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

This Bois may help a lot of G75VW Users.

My G75VW has a problem with Intel's Turbo Boost...

When pwm settings running at 100% my notebooks runs at 3,3 GHz but drops to 1 ghz... this happens 2 or 3 times per second

The notebook shuts down in mid game ( Saints Row 3, MW3 and Command & Conquer Generals )

When running benchmarks like Heaven OCCT and the offical Intel benchmark ... the system runs fine ( No ghz Drops )

So if this bios has the option to disable Intel tubo boost .... that wil be $#%@ GREAT !!!

This bios may help a lot of G75VW users ( G75VW Reboots in mid game problem )

I dont know if there is a option to disable Intel turbo boost ?

because the Intel turbo boost shuts down/reboots the notebook

Asus G75VW - modified BIOS / VBIOS

Here's a modified BIOS for the Asus G75VW. It enables some more options and settings in the BIOS setup.

It also contains a tweaked VBIOS for the 660m.

Detailed version information:

• mod02 'GHZ edition' - 660m 3d clocks at 1000MHz core - 670m @ 715/1650 (only in 'overclock edition')
  • additional BIOS menus

Pics of the most interesting BIOS settings (thanks @bobby7):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5540[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]5541[/ATTACH]

Instructions:

• Download the BIOS you want to flash, as well as the flash tool (Win64). Put the modified BIOS (and included files) in the same folder as the flash tool
  • Make sure that your current BIOS version is the same as the one you want to flash. Then create a backup of your BIOS by executing the backup.bat file.
  • Download the 'G75VW-BiosFixer', put it in the same folder as the flash too and run it. Follow the instructions on the screen, it will ask you for the BIOS backup you just created, as well as the modified BIOS file which you already downloaded.
  • If the tool doesn't come up with an error message, go ahead and flash the created file by executing the included flash.bat file.
  • Wait until the flashing is done, in case everything's okay you can reboot.

NOTE: It's a good idea to go to load the default BIOS settings after flashing. Also I really recommend flashing the official version before applying the modified BIOS, as mentioned in the instructions.

>>> Here's my donation link, if you like my mods feel free to buy me a beer ;) <<<

As always with such mods, use at your own risk.

The program I provide here (BiosFixer) comes with absolutely no warranty to the extent permitted by applicable law.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm an asus g55vw user and i'm wondering is there a way to modify its bios like in a g75. My current version of bios is 217 but I want all the stuff from moded g75 bios and vbios for my gtx 660m. If here is an instruction or some one can provide me thru whole process by a safe way (I don't want to brick my laptop) that could be grate! Of course I will donate!

I'm a newbie in flashing custom bios so I need help of a responsive and competent person.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is kind of reviving an older thread. But I am just curious as to whether or not heat is an issue with the "overclocked" version of this modified bios? Do I need an external cooling unit to run that bios or will I be fine without one? Because I would definitely like to the the 223 v2 modded bios on my G75vw (660m version) to see if it fixes some issues I've been having! And maybe gain a few FPS in some games along the way. :)

Guys,

I havent gone through the long list of 46/47 pages of the thread but I have a question before applying this bios.

First of all my bios version ends with 1b.

Just to give some background info, I had 8GB of Ram(stock ones) running at 1600 and then I added another 16GB of Ram (corsair vengeance) and straight it went down to 1333.

I wanna know if I apply this bios, will it provide any XMP features for tuning the setting? I am trying to get the 1600 out of the 4 modules as I know they are capable of doing it, unless I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
Guys,

I havent gone through the long list of 46/47 pages of the thread but I have a question before applying this bios.

First of all my bios version ends with 1b.

Just to give some background info, I had 8GB of Ram(stock ones) running at 1600 and then I added another 16GB of Ram (corsair vengeance) and straight it went down to 1333.

I wanna know if I apply this bios, will it provide any XMP features for tuning the setting? I am trying to get the 1600 out of the 4 modules as I know they are capable of doing it, unless I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nope, this unlock bios not give you memory settings. If you want memory settings, write me to email.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get a 670MX in my G75VW, what tools do I need to do this myself, or would you be willing to take a backup and modify it? I wouldn't mind getting some additional overclocking, but my main concern is getting the 670MX working.

Actually, could someone verify my backup with a modified BIOS someone sent to me? They sent it to me without my backup, telling me to flash it and it would work. I'm quite leery of this file and would like a little confirmation that I won't brick my mobo.

• Bios Modder
hi svl7

followed instruction as stated. everything went well, but there is one thing i noticed, core clock 1000MHz and boost 1000MHz

here the screenshot:

[ATTACH]11321[/ATTACH]

is there any extra steps to obtain 1200MHz boost?

Just use Msi Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector for increase core clock to 1100 ->1150 -> 1200.

@Klem

since the bios flash, i've been experiencing random shutdowns, but today is different, it shutdowns every 5mins of use, need to set it down for more than 30mins for it to boot properly, i need your expert opinion on this. should i revert back to stock bios?

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the Unified Bios updater on a couple of my desktop computers without issues to update the Oroms. Is it possible to get the latest oroms in these modified bios's?

Anyone see any issues with running the unified updater on the modded bios, running the fixer and then flashing?