[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

• Bios Modder
no! you can have all by using official bios: I've oc'ed my graphics for testing to 750mhz gpu and Battlefield 3 is ok, no artefacts. Most of the unlocked menus are useless and the 0.0.2 gpu voltage increase doesn't work on all GTX 670M [my B revision doesn't get moded] so I get not even one benefit from using moded version...

Because temp threshold doesn't work in Bios [i would like the fans to kick in at 50degree and full load at 85degree], I will seek for the gpu +0.02 increase only

You are wrong. Why not?

killerpc has a laptop with a GTX660M and in his case, with this bios mod he will get 1000Mhz on GPU. It will increase its performance in games. Definitely.

In addition, with this bios mod he will get unlock the Nvidia limit only +135Mhz on GPU and will be able to overclock her GPU to 1150-1200 without overvolting. This will make it even faster her laptop for games.

If you want overvolting for your GTX670M ("B" videobios) +0.02 V and 820Mhz+ on GPU, write me to PM.

Hello guys, I just registered for this thread but before downloading this, is it safe? Is not the first time when I'm flashing a BIOS, I also repaired a bricked GPU but that does not make me an expert. :concern:

Unlocked bios have these options re-enabled?

Fastboot ( under Boot Tab )

CSM (under Boot Tab)

Secure Boot ( under Security Tab)

I heard that earlier versions of the BIOS had these options.

I need those options because I installed Windows 8.1 in UEFI mode and I want to get rid of the watermark.

SecureBoot isn't configured correctly

Are these options available in the unlocked bios? I don't want to overclock, I just want those options.

Thank you.

Flashed successfully but no extra options :|

--edit--

Tried again and again but no changes, same bios. Help please!

--edit--

It worked, I had to shut down, I removed the battery then I held the power button pressed for 30 seconds...

My GPU isn't oc'ed at 715/1650, still 620/1500 :|

I'm disappointed, not all settings are unlocked, this is just for overclocking :(

I really need these options

CSM (under Boot Tab)

--edit--

They say, np, you don't have to pay, 5 posts and you can download without paying. I posted, no one replied, then I became Elite for 1 month just to download this and guess what, 0 satisfaction, useless thread, my gpu still at default clock, those options specified above are still hidden... I know is somehow my fault because I lost my patience but my first post was on 5 October and was approved after 2 days, others were approved before me. What do I get for those $5? Nothing...

• Bios Modder
just bumping my question, I really want to overclock now BF4 beta is out :D

Describe in detail exactly how and what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Flashed successfully but no extra options :|

--edit--

Tried again and again but no changes, same bios. Help please!

--edit--

It worked, I had to shut down, I removed the battery then I held the power button pressed for 30 seconds...

My GPU isn't oc'ed at 715/1650, still 620/1500 :|

I'm disappointed, not all settings are unlocked, this is just for overclocking :(

I really need these options

CSM (under Boot Tab)

--edit--

They say, np, you don't have to pay, 5 posts and you can download without paying. I posted, no one replied, then I became Elite for 1 month just to download this and guess what, 0 satisfaction, useless thread, my gpu still at default clock, those options specified above are still hidden... I know is somehow my fault because I lost my patience but my first post was on 5 October and was approved after 2 days, others were approved before me. What do I get for those $5? Nothing...

Options that you have indicated are placed in the stock BIOS from the ASUS web site. They should be the default. They were your early before flashing? Look in the program GPU-Z what is your version of the video BIOS? The last two digits of 19 or 1B?

I have the latest version of BIOS, 223, those options were removed from the latest version of BIOS and you have them only on models with win8 pre-installed, they said that if your model had win7 pre-installed those options won't be available but my model came with Free DOS. Not I have WIndows 8.1 and I can't get rid of that watermark because SecureBoot is not enabled and I can't enabled it because there is no option to enable it :22_002:

And a screenshot of GPU-Z

post-18143-14494996213982_thumb.png

1b

--edit--

If there is anyone with G75VW with GTX670M 3GB VRAM and have the BIOS options I posted above please create a backup of the bios and pm me or post it here.

Thank you.

• Bios Modder
I have the latest version of BIOS, 223, those options were removed from the latest version of BIOS and you have them only on models with win8 pre-installed, they said that if your model had win7 pre-installed those options won't be available but my model came with Free DOS. Not I have WIndows 8.1 and I can't get rid of that watermark because SecureBoot is not enabled and I can't enabled it because there is no option to enable it :22_002:

And a screenshot of GPU-Z

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9184[/ATTACH]

1b

--edit--

If there is anyone with G75VW with GTX670M 3GB VRAM and have the BIOS options I posted above please create a backup of the bios and pm me or post it here.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened onto this thread when doing some research on optimizing my new SSD setup. I have to say that this is the coolest thread by far that I have come by. I have been an Asus ROG owner for several years. I usually upgrade yearly when the new models come out however with my experience in the G75 this past year I have opted to wait on upgrading. My alternative was to upgrade my HD's with dual SSDs and to try and optimize my performance through tweaks and overclocks. This thread had provided me with a lot of valuable information.

Thank you so much for posting these items and information! :)

Hmm... Flashed everything, and the BIOS works fine now.

Only problem is though; I can't seem to be able to change the GPU voltage. anyone got an idea why?

Also: which clock speeds do you guys get, and/or recommend?

• Bios Modder

This mod BIOS does not provide adjustment of the voltage of the GPU.

What video card in your laptop? 660M or 670M? What frequencies do you have now by default?

• Bios Modder
I have a 660m. With the modded BIOS i have 1000mhz default.. 1200mhz hasn't been a problem so far, Never went over 60C

How much you can overclock now without any artifacts?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello svl7,

Hope you had a good day. would you mind if you can unlock my g75VW bios version G75VWAS.223, Thanks for your kindness

heres the bios link below:

https://mega.co.nz/#!YdcTATKI!YF7eI3KCG3SoXx7Dqnce9xLN4M8tJKjQoFXsmaApSrA

Why you do not like the mod bios from first page of this thread?

• 3 weeks later...

will this help with the event 37 kernel processor power event I've been getting in event viewer. I am thinking that the machine thinks the processor is under too much load and retards the power. It doesn't run hot at all. Very low temps. I tried everything from using new bios, old bios, made sure all power settings are on all the way up, have all latest drivers. The only reason why I caught this in the first place is because I was trying to play Diablo 3 and noticed that it started chopping/rubber banding real bad when the screen got super busy. I checked the event viewer and saw that dang event. I am assuming that may be the cause of it. I can run the computer fine with LoL, or any regular computer usage. Playing a higher end game tends to give me that error (or anything with high processor usage).

Thanks svl7 I wish I could try out your files and buy you a drink but they are blocked for new users I guess. I have tried the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility but couldn't OC with it, then tried the NVIDIA Inspector GPU OC approach in

but wasn't able to squeeze out that much more performance in AC4. It seems that mod'ing the BIOS is the only way to achieve a significant boost in performance.

• Bios Modder

Put the folder with this program and files directly on the drive C: and after running the command prompt, navigate to this folder (command cd), and only then starts the bat. If say short, you need to perform bat and other programs from your folders with them.

C:\Windows\system32

cd..

C:\Windows\

cd..

C:\

cd "name of your folder with files"

C:\name of your folder with files\backup.bat

Enter

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello all,

I've just flashed with the 223 unlocked (overclocking addition) bios and it seems to be running great.

My keyboard lights have gone out, which is annoying, they were out at first and the function keys brought them back, but now they're out again.

I tried reading through the thread and following, best I could tell, the keyboard light fix was supposed to be included in the updated bios on the 1st page.

Any suggestions?

PS. Awesome work on this bios

Thanks,

Dmitriy

• Bios Modder
Hello all,

I've just flashed with the 223 unlocked (overclocking addition) bios and it seems to be running great.

My keyboard lights have gone out, which is annoying, they were out at first and the function keys brought them back, but now they're out again.

I tried reading through the thread and following, best I could tell, the keyboard light fix was supposed to be included in the updated bios on the 1st page.

Any suggestions?

PS. Awesome work on this bios

Thanks,

Dmitriy

1. Extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to your bootable USB flash drive. Once you have booted off the USB drive, simply type fixmykb and you should see a flash completion screen immediately. Remove the flash drive and power down the system.

2. Wait ten seconds and then power up the system and enter Windows. Once in Windows, turn on the lights with the switch button and you should have a backlit keyboard now, use FN+F4 to brighten the keyboard or FN+F3 to dim it.

3. Now just in case this did not work then reboot the system and wait until you are in Windows, press FN+F4 a couple of times and the keyboard should be backlit now.

4. If after all steps the lights are not working by now, please reinstall the ATK drivers again.

1. Extract the contents of the Fixmykb.rar file to your bootable USB flash drive. Once you have booted off the USB drive, simply type fixmykb and you should see a flash completion screen immediately. Remove the flash drive and power down the system.

2. Wait ten seconds and then power up the system and enter Windows. Once in Windows, turn on the lights with the switch button and you should have a backlit keyboard now, use FN+F4 to brighten the keyboard or FN+F3 to dim it.

3. Now just in case this did not work then reboot the system and wait until you are in Windows, press FN+F4 a couple of times and the keyboard should be backlit now.

4. If after all steps the lights are not working by now, please reinstall the ATK drivers again.

Worked like a charm!

Now, I'm unlocked and I've got my lights back.

Thanks!!