[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

• Bios Modder
Who can do a vbios for gtx 660m with an overvolt at 1.15V for oc the core clock speed at 1.350 mhz ?

Sorry for my bad english, i am french

I can. But overclock is a lottery. Some cards will earn on the frequency of 1350, and some only at 1280 . You need is only the video BIOS, or the all system BIOS?

• Bios Modder
One question,

I can flash the video BIOS without flashing my system bios ?

Nope. It is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

when i run the backup.bat file no backup is being created. what am i missing?

But what happens on the screen?

I have succefully flashed my bios with the 223 modded bios, i follow correctly the instructions but my keyboard backlight doesn't work, what i have missing ?

When I had a Asus G53 a few years ago this happened sometimes, to fix it I had to set the keyboard brightness by hitting Fn + F4 a couple of times.

You know, I'd really love to tryout your custom bios and test out the overclocking capabilities of my G75VW. However, due to forum regulations, I am unable to download the attachments until have reached my 5 CERTIFIED posts. I wouldn't mind donating some money, but then I'd want to test it out for myself first.

Hopefully the admins will approve this post, as I've tried everything I can to give out other supportive comments on other parts of this forum. I've never before encountered a forum like this.

So yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I have a G75VW with 670m, and I proceeded doing everything the instructions said. (Made the backup, applied the fixer, flashed successfully). However, there are no extra menus in my bios, nor is my gfx clocked up. My backlight however is gone, indicating that some sort of flashing did take place.

I wanted to try to restart the whole process, but then I'd first have to go back to the original .223 bios. Winflash refuses this because it's an 'older' bios, and I decided to just try something simple; rename G75VWAS.223 (original) to ModFix.223 and apply the flash. However, then I get this message:

--- Flash Devices Found ---

MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

Warning: Not all of the file data will be written to flash because

the file is longer than the flash area to be written to!

File: "ModFix.223"

File Length: 6293504

Write Length: 6291456

Do you want to continue? Y/<n> or q to quit :

Is it safe to continue?

</n>

Edit: Fixed

I don't know why, perhaps it was after a series of more flashing, or the fact that I actually powered down the computer and started it up again (instead of just rebooting) that the changes occurred! :)

Ok so i had a friend direct me to this forum after purchasing a 3720QM unlocked CPU from him, great guy btw. Anyway, seems you may have answered what i was going to ask Trollgeir if it was safe to flash on the G75VW with the 670m GTX GPU, so everything now is working well for you including the kb back lights? thanks

EDIT: got everything working with the modified bios on my G75VW with 670M GTX thanks for your work on the bios

Ok I have the unlocked 3720qm es CPU, in the unlocked version of the Asus bios Im guessing this unlocked bios is not for CPU overclocking at all? is there another alternative i can use to overclock the 3720qm es CPU?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Can i revert back to original 223 Asus bios from the unlocked bios? I had no idea this modified bios didn't include CPU overclocking. thanks

EDIT: @svI7 can CPU overclocking be added to this modified bios like certain Alienware Laptops have? If so id donate a fair amount for this if it were possible. Just feel im loosing out on my 3720QM unlocked CPU :67:Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
is this worth the hassle to install this for the increase of performance?

no! you can have all by using official bios: I've oc'ed my graphics for testing to 750mhz gpu and Battlefield 3 is ok, no artefacts. Most of the unlocked menus are useless and the 0.0.2 gpu voltage increase doesn't work on all GTX 670M [my B revision doesn't get moded] so I get not even one benefit from using moded version...

Because temp threshold doesn't work in Bios [i would like the fans to kick in at 50degree and full load at 85degree], I will seek for the gpu +0.02 increase only