[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

• Bios Modder

I understand what you need to do. Put the folder with this program and files such as C: and after running the command prompt, navigate to this folder (command cd), and only then starts the bat. If I say short, you need to perform bat and other programs from your folders with them.

C:\Windows\system32

cd..

C:\Windows\

cd..

C:\

cd the name of your program folder

C:\name of your program folder\backup.bat

Enter

Good luck!

Alright, so my friends I figured out why when people try to reflash back to the OEM version they get bricked. After flashing your bios, your "Host Access Write/Read" = "DISABLED" as opposed to enabled. This pretty much means that anyone trying to flash their bios or even their firmware for MEI, it will automatically fail.

• Bios Modder

ricjandro

I just flashed a new ME 8.1.30.1350 and everything is fine. Rebooted and the battery is disconnected and everything is OK. I am on MOD.223.

@Klem, thanks for the response. I did as you said in an elevated command prompt, but as I try to execute the batch file, it simply states it's not recognized as an operable program or batch file. Is this a common issue? Has anyone else run into this?

Edit: nvm, I figured it out, made an error typing in the command. Thanks for leading me to use the command prompt. I thought I could just execute it from the folder. =)

Ok, so I did everything, all went well. Went to the Bios to check things annnnddd none of the new menu options were there. I don't know if I somehow managed to flash the backup or something, but I tried reflashing (several times) and nothing has changed. I swear this should be so simple, I can't figure out why I keep messing it up. =/

• Bios Modder

Cory Parker Staton

Try unplag power adapter and baterry and press power button some times or wait any times. Then connect battery and power adapter and press power.

Joshua Norman

Try Furmark stress test(hairy bagel) about 15 min. and say you video temp please.

Klem, I tried your methods but was still unable to recover my system, still nothing on the screen. Do you have any other suggestions ? Do you think that what ricjandro said has something to do with this ?

I tried also instead of putting the file in a USB, putting it on the hard drive in C:. That gives me a different response, keyboard flashes and stays on instead of going away but still no image on the screen. How long should I hold the CTRL and HOME (and ALT) ? Should something appear on the screen or just stay black while the bios is being flashed ?

• Bios Modder

guido7142

Try again make sure that (without batteries and without power adapter) to clamp Ctrl+Home then insert the power adapter and then press the power button. Hold the keys until the display recovery utilities. This is 5-7 seconds, if nothing appears, but the laptop as it reacts differently than before, then after 5-7 seconds, release the button and wait (not off) for 10 minutes. In some cases, recovery may work with black screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any thoughts at all on why my card won't overclock beyond the stock with this OC vbios?

I should mention:

This was a 'new gen' windows 8 machine, best buy variant. I bought it in January.

When the flashing was taking place, it was not all one 8 MB chunk. It flashed several smaller chunks. I would have to do it again, but it seems like it was something along the lines of a 1.6 MB chunk, and some other chunks of smaller sizes. As I recall (and I really should have made a screenshot -- I guess I could do it again) the sizes of the 3-4+ chunks did not add up to the size of the bios. I noticed in the screenshot of 'what it was supposed to look like' that that persons flash was written in one chunk.

I wonder if my vbios is in a separate area. Maybe it was never overwritten, giving me the same effect as using the non-OC unlocked bios. If I make no changes, my card boots up with stock 835 mHz clock after flashing this OC vbios.

Sticker on the bottom says:

MB ver G75VW check number 4427

CANOAS218496416

G75VW-BHI7NO7

2012-10

I'm now in the same boat as R01f. I've got access to the new menus and stuff in the bios, but clock speeds are unchanged. I have the exact same system as him as well, purchased 2-6-2013. I also noticed that my bios was written in several chunks like R01f described, though I'm not terribly concerned about this. Any ideas on working out this issue? Should the default clock speed have been raised by the OC bios, or do I need to OC manually?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder

Cory Parker Staton

For now, despite the information included in the description of Mod.223, OC work only G75VW with GTX660M. Owners who have a GTX670M jast waiting. Unlock additional menu working for both. I have GTX670M.

• Bios Modder

guido7142

Nothing, just wait about 10 minutes. Then everything off and on again.

You could also try to pull out ALL! memory modules and turn the laptop. He certainly did not turn on. Then insert only one memory module, and then try the whole procedure with USB Flash. You could also try a different USB ports.

ricjandro

I just flashed a new ME 8.1.30.1350 and everything is fine. Rebooted and the battery is disconnected and everything is OK. I am on MOD.223.

Ah that's great to hear. A couple of individuals on ROG had issues flashing to a modified BIOS and it seemed like the root cause/issue pertained to host write/read access. I just thought of throwing that out here to see if it may help anyone here on techinferno.

Here are my 3dmark 11 scores:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW score: P4018 3DMarks

Would anyone be able to guide me/explain as to how others received the score of 4200+ ? I'm still rather new at overclocking and I'm not sure what else there is to do aside from removing any unnecessary applications/ccleaner.

• Bios Modder

ricjandro

What are the frequencies core and memory you set? And what are you use Nvidia Inspector or Afterburner? I think that you have too much points in the 3DMark 2011.

• Bios Modder

Yeah... finally I managed to editing video BIOS GTX670M in G75VW. At last, my laptop is running 750/1800 (900). Yeah, I had a lot of reading and work, but now I am very pleased. :Banane35:

• Thumbs Up 2