[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

That'd be great! This thread is the reason I joined. Only 2 more posts to go until I can download. I'm cautious on laptops and heat. My last laptop (hp dv8t) literally "burned up" in my lap. My laptop also has a 670m. Do you still need the dump of this?

Unlocked version with stock vbios added to the first post.

The G-series has a decent cooling system, you won't burn anything unless maybe you block all air intakes. I don't need any more bios dumps at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I followed instructions to the dot, go in to bios nothing has changed, tried to boot can't boot check bios settings it set it back to ahci, set it to raid and one of my disks is not a member disk, can't recover raid or re add the other disk to the raid.

svl I am reinstalling windows as we speak, any reason why the flash didn't take?

Edit: I spoke too soon, the BIOS did take however I am still missing UEFI options, is this normal or should I have gotten then back when installing your bios mod?

0.2V... hahahaha :D No offense, but are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I´m shure yes but forgot a 0, I meant 0,02V increase from standard 0,9120V

And something is off with the memory clocks.. whatever which clock I have there, the boost limit remaina on 1000MHz..

The core clock is right - the boost is the same as base clock.post-8836-14494994301485_thumb.jpg

I think I could actually set that value in the 660m vbios, the max seems to be around 1.5V in that case... but it might get a bit warm :D

1,5V is really warm ;)

But 0,9130 would be a good starting point!

BTW 1,1V i safe on 660m - gives u a core clock around 1300MHz :)

Link: GT 650m GTX 660M overclocking result database

So I don´t know what u are talking about...

Managed to do a 3dmark run with 1300 core.. if it´s 24/7 stable only time will tell :Ppost-8836-1449499430198_thumb.jpg

Edit: The keyboard back light doesnt work with the latest modded bios!

1,5V is really warm ;)

But 0,9130 would be a good starting point!

BTW 1,1V i safe on 660m - gives u a core clock around 1300MHz :)

Link: GT 650m GTX 660M overclocking result database

Managed to do a 3dmark run with 1300 core.. if it´s 24/7 stable only time will tell :P[ATTACH=CONFIG]6044[/ATTACH]

Have you tried using the fix in this thread and on another forum posted before?

But I think I know what I'm talking about, I had a 660m myself. Your voltage reading seems to be way off.

If you followed my instructions carefully this is very unlikely, at least provided the backlight worked before you flashed my latest mod.

I just installed the modded bios and it works perfectly! just one thought...

When I run the bat files with admin, an error message occurs, this is because when you run the .bat with admin powers the starting point is windows/system32 where the files are in another folder... I had to move to the folder where the files were for it to work. Besides that, works like a charm!

New driver is out :) Gave me 200p more in both 3dmark11 and vantage :P But it´s not a valid driver :S

"Valid" drivers for 3DMark and really any futuremark program are only drivers they've tested and verified as valid :(

I downloaded all needed files and followed the Instructions. But if I Use the Backup.bat (also in Admin-Mode) it creates no file. What to do?

I opened the file Backup.bat to solve the Problem and I saw that theres the BiosBackup.bin -bios wanted ... but I don't find the file.

Im Using Windows 7 64-Bit.