[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

Reflash won't help, that's not a bios issue - his system just died, that's hardware-related. Also the bios mod doesn't have any influence on the bios recovery procedure.

Reflash won't help, that's not a bios issue - his system just died, that's hardware-related. Also the bios mod doesn't have any influence on the bios recovery procedure.

Exactly! Probably the motherboard :(

Anyway here´s some high res photos of the front and back of the motherboard :)

http://i46.tinypic.com/6i88rt.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/rigkdf.jpg

Yes, works perfectly fine (provided the Asus winflash allows downgrading).

Have u updated the 221 modded with higher clocks yet ? Looking for base clock of 1000/1400 for the 660m, the modded bios on the first page only has 1085 core..

My laptop is on the way to a Asus repair shop :P Hopefully i´ll get it back soon!

• 2 weeks later...
But the 221vbios only goes up to 1085 core and I need 1300!

Look at the pic![ATTACH=CONFIG]5729[/ATTACH]

Seems I forgot something in the keyboard fix version, I'll update it.

I just flashed the bios (221) on the first post and can confirm it is not updated; the core is still locked at 850, with a max overclock with turbo boost at 1085.

Hey guys, i tried following the instructions, when using the Flash.bat file i get : Error 75: ''fparts.txt'' file not found.

I already added the into the bat file the directory, but imstill getting this error.

BTW: im trying with the 222 Bios.

Thanks !

When flashing with the

mod02 'GHZ edition' - 660m 3d clocks at 1000MHz core / 1400MHz memory - 670m @ 715/1650

fixed keyboard backlight issue

And I get an error message after running flash,bat which follows:

Copyright © 2007 - 2012, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel® HM77 Express Chipset

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---

MX25L6405D ID:0xC22017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

PDR Region does not exist.

- Reading Flash [0x800000] 6144KB of 6144KB - 100% complete.

- Erasing Flash Block [0x765000] - 100% complete.

- Programming Flash [0x765000] 4KB of 4KB - 100% complete.

- Erasing Flash Block [0x7BF000] - 100% complete.

- Programming Flash [0x7BF000] 212KB of 212KB - 100% complete.

- Erasing Flash Block [0x800000] - 100% complete.

- Programming Flash [0x800000] 4KB of 4KB - 100% complete.

- Verifying Flash [0x800000] 6144KB of 6144KB - 100% complete.

Error 204: Data verify mismatch found.

Reboot if the flash was successful.

Press any key to continue . . .

I wonder if this is to be expected, I have not rebooted my laptop. Have been running the 222 BIOS Before this.

HAVE NOT REBOOTED MY LAPTOP YET!

so....SHould I just reboot. Or should I revert back to Stock?

Seems the fptw64.exe is erasing a 8mb block in the bios, now I dont have the ROG logo in win 8 while booting up. I couldnt care less, but does anyone here know what that actually does??

I reflashed using Asus Winflash with 223 Bios Stock.

I rebooted and eveything is great. Sooo... should I try the 221 Modded one anyway?

SVL7, I was meaning to ask you...

I have been searching the net and I have succesfully extracted the VBIOS for G75 223 bios file, This using MMtools.

Thing is that nibitor 6.06 dont support the 6-series m series (yet).

I was wondering how you edited the bios files in the first place? Via Fermi Bios editor?

Since it is a fermi that should be working right? Problem is that I cant read the VBIOS file.

So how to change, P states settings and Voltage without those programs?

Seems the fptw64.exe is erasing a 8mb block in the bios, now I dont have the ROG logo in win 8 while booting up. I couldnt care less, but does anyone here know what that actually does??

I reflashed using Asus Winflash with 223 Bios Stock.

I rebooted and eveything is great. Sooo... should I try the 221 Modded one anyway?

I'm interrested in your problem cuz i got the same, no more ROG logo, the Fast boot option is not there anymore and i also don't see the system information or serial number on the bios even after flashing with the stock 222 or 223. Tried power drain hoping it would generate it after that but still the same. Any idea about how to fix that ? I contacted Asus to ask for a Bios file from them with these features back (told them i lost them after i flashed stock 223) but im not expecting much from them.

First of all if you want to revert to stock, just re-flash your backup. That's why I put this in the instructions.

Second - yes I will fix the current problems, especially the clock stuff, as soon as I have time for this. I'm pretty busy at the moment and don't have a lot of time for bios modding stuff.

So how to change, P states settings and Voltage without those programs?

Well, by hand. Those tools are limited anyway.

First of all if you want to revert to stock, just re-flash your backup. That's why I put this in the instructions.

Second - yes I will fix the current problems, especially the clock stuff, as soon as I have time for this. I'm pretty busy at the moment and don't have a lot of time for bios modding stuff.

Well, by hand. Those tools are limited anyway.

Thank you for the response SVL7, your work is greatly appreciated. "Luckily" I did do a Backup from the BACKUP.BAT file. I try to revert back to that one to see if it works.

I will google some more and take a little look at the differences in the bin files and see if I can get something from it.

Keep up the good work! :D

@svl7 - I was helping a friend flash his laptop (a G53SX) with a modified bios he made. The flash was successful, but while in the bios menu, a setting was saved, and now his laptop will not boot (it just flashes the lights and loops). We tried disassembling it and clearing the bios by pulling the CMOS battery and draining the power, but it still will not boot. He's already ordered a buspirate so we can repair it, and I was wondering if you knew of a good guide or helpful information for this. My hardware knowledge is mainly soldering and BGA / Micro-BGA re-balling, so I'm not used to having to recover from a bad flash, and have only flashed NANDs in the past. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

I'm interrested in your problem cuz i got the same, no more ROG logo, the Fast boot option is not there anymore and i also don't see the system information or serial number on the bios even after flashing with the stock 222 or 223. Tried power drain hoping it would generate it after that but still the same. Any idea about how to fix that ? I contacted Asus to ask for a Bios file from them with these features back (told them i lost them after i flashed stock 223) but im not expecting much from them.

I had a backup of the 222 original BIOS which I made with the BACKUP.BAT file. I went back via winflash/nodate option to 222 from 223 and then reflashed with wpt64.exe then used winflash again up to 223. The Logo is back, and If I understand it correctly the Quickstart option to. I noticed that it booted a few seconds faster into Win8 after I made this. Since I havent got a problem with the processor and the 670m didnt, to my knowledge, get any benefits from the modded bios I reverted back to stock.

I have so far been unable to do anything to the VBIOS whick I extracted using MMtools 4.5. My knowledge of manually editing the bios files is lacking and Im not confident enough to try since I havent got any evidence that you can alter the Vcore on the 670M trough Vbios. Via Svets Vbios modder you can on the MSI laptop change to .92volts up from 0.9volts but i have also read that the M-series nvidia GPUs have a different layout for the voltage control.

Any thoughts in this or is it a no go?

My question is there since I cant get higher than 750-760MHz after which I get artifacts. another 0.02 volts could get me higher. I have 72C fully loaded GPU without notebook cooler and 63C with....so the temps are really good for a stock cooler in the G75 series.

To bad you dont have better GPU options or at least some voltage tweak options.. :(

@svl7 - I was helping a friend flash his laptop (a G53SX) with a modified bios he made. The flash was successful, but while in the bios menu, a setting was saved, and now his laptop will not boot (it just flashes the lights and loops). We tried disassembling it and clearing the bios by pulling the CMOS battery and draining the power, but it still will not boot. He's already ordered a buspirate so we can repair it, and I was wondering if you knew of a good guide or helpful information for this. My hardware knowledge is mainly soldering and BGA / Micro-BGA re-balling, so I'm not used to having to recover from a bad flash, and have only flashed NANDs in the past. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Well... you can't just change whatever you want, it's not that simple. That being said, there might be a way to recover from this. Try pressing Ctrl+Home (hold it down) and then press the power button (and hold it as well). A recovery menu should appear after a while (if implemented). The key combo can vary though... not sure about the G series.

For the buspirate... just google a bit, you'll find nice tutorials for using the buspirate on the chip used in the G series.

I had a backup of the 222 original BIOS which I made with the BACKUP.BAT file. I went back via winflash/nodate option to 222 from 223 and then reflashed with wpt64.exe then used winflash again up to 223. The Logo is back, and If I understand it correctly the Quickstart option to. I noticed that it booted a few seconds faster into Win8 after I made this. Since I havent got a problem with the processor and the 670m didnt, to my knowledge, get any benefits from the modded bios I reverted back to stock.

I have so far been unable to do anything to the VBIOS whick I extracted using MMtools 4.5. My knowledge of manually editing the bios files is lacking and Im not confident enough to try since I havent got any evidence that you can alter the Vcore on the 670M trough Vbios. Via Svets Vbios modder you can on the MSI laptop change to .92volts up from 0.9volts but i have also read that the M-series nvidia GPUs have a different layout for the voltage control.

Any thoughts in this or is it a no go?

My question is there since I cant get higher than 750-760MHz after which I get artifacts. another 0.02 volts could get me higher. I have 72C fully loaded GPU without notebook cooler and 63C with....so the temps are really good for a stock cooler in the G75 series.

To bad you dont have better GPU options or at least some voltage tweak options.. :(

Yeah, I need to rework the bios mods, can I have a copy of your 222 dump?

I've never used that svet tool, if it can't change the voltage on the 670m vbios of the G series, then it's badly designed and not worth the money at all. (Imo it's not worth a buck anyway, just look at that fugly GUI. :P)