[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

Hello is guys! Excuse that not on the topic, there is asus rog g75vw with a 3d matrix 120 hertz, windows 10 pro costs. A problem is in that is not regulated brightness screen. Tried different driver, to govern through a register, nothing helps. Who does can did run into such problem, would be very thankful for a help?

Yet I ask to be sorry me for my English, I write through translator

Can there be a problem in the bios sewing? A previous proprietor renewed a version to 223. Does can awry villages?

I got my G75VW back from a bud recently as I need a laptop for school (24 year old vet going to university hows that for a laugh) and immediately the mobo died, a ram stick died (wasnt even one of the stock ram sticks it was the only aftermarket one) and the built in mic died. New mobo from china, which had a corrupted bios (no 3d or keyboard backlight) that I flashed thanks to another post that lead me here. Cant wait to put my mods to the heat sinks to the test. As is with current stock settings and the mods I sit far lower than this laptop was bone stock as far as temps go. Now I just have to wait to be able to download some stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have the laptop flashed with the the modded bios and managed to push some extra performance out of the GTX 670M. GPU clock 800 MHz and the memory clock is 1900 MHz. Squeezed a decent bit more performance compared to the locked values in the stock BIOS. The eventual plan is to throw a 3840HQ CPU in here and maybe mod a GTX 880M to work in the laptop. Excellent BIOS man. If things work out for some school support for Vets I'll probably send a donation. Get the good beer with it.

It says (The page you are trying to access is not available for your account) when I try to download 

never mind I found the answer I don't have access yet 

Edited by toddgreg
found my awnser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll let you know when I can download it. I've been messing with this laptop for years now and it's finally time to say 'screw it' and mess with a modded bios.

Can you disable the HPET with this thing? That's what I really want to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this mod for quite awhile now. Works amazingly, and props to sv17, thank you very much! But I just realized I didn't use the overclocked version! 

I have a question though. With the current original mod, using MSI AfterBurner, I cannot overclock the base clock any higher than 835. Is that normal? I understand that once I flash the overclocked version this limit will be removed?

Edited by BugMeNot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys!

If it's possible, I would like to re-enable the integrated Intel graphics card and not use the nvidia one by default (this could save some power), does anyone already did this with this tweaked BIOS?

Anyway, this mod looks very good :) I will try it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everytime I try to download the file for the unlock and overclock bios I get this error "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.Error code: 2C171/1" can somebody help me out?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 9:34 PM, mucski said:

I downloaded this, but the overclocking doesn't work on my GPU (GTX670M)

tmy.png

Every other feature works as advertised ...

Can someone help me overclock mine too?

Same problem. Found a solution?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 12:30 AM, thaburg said:

Everytime I try to download the file for the unlock and overclock bios I get this error "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.Error code: 2C171/1" can somebody help me out?

The same for me...

First off great website just a little too late to the party .

I too have the same problem i can not download the bios  same message as the other guys

I hope this is still active as i think the unlock bios will fix my problem my CPU is stuck at 1.2ghz locked multiplier at 12x

can only unlock with throttle stop. power gear 4 does not change the CPU so i hope some one can send me the files or let me know if it is still active.

Thank you for your time

Tommy