[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

The G75VW is not that bad hardware.

No idea waht you refer to. Your post just looks like advertisment for any shitty youtube channel out there which exists.

I said its linux. And that the bios is kinda broken. As any laptop in past 8 years only works in windows because they make a quick and dirty workaround with their nvidia-drivers for example.

I am not fond of alienware. It is owned by dell now. Costs twice as much as an asus. Parts are hardly available for a reasonable price in central europe. I get my parts for asus from sweden for a certain moderate price. I did "refurbish" several of my asus notebooks, and sold a few of those older models.

The power consumption of any generic drive which fits in is one technical aspect which is noted in the technical data from the datasheet of the drive and the use case scenario, firmware and the operating system. Means when you use a shitty operating system which never spins down the drive, use a shitty file system or a crappy drive wiht a crappy firmware you may need more power as other drives. Check the technical data, you can not generalize that. There were even some SSDs which later had a very increased power consumption in comparision with other SSds. Some drives even have no value for the power consumption at all.

Regarding your comment about the power supply. When you buy "crap" like MSI you are most likely to get a notebook with an underpowered power supply. ASUS AFAIK regarding notebookcheck hardly ever had in the past 8 years since i read those notebook test reviews regularly, any notebooks with underpowered power supplies. Clevo had, msi had for example.

I could imagine when you overclock the gpu you may need more "juice", but it depends on the overall power consumption. The G75VW has a decent powersupply as an owner for over a year now. The cpu can not be that much overclocked. It may be possible to use BCLK to overclock it, but as you may know that little bit increase of these few mhz in bclk wont increase the power consumption that much that the power supply suddenly is the weakest link. it also depends on the values on the table of the bios for the cpu ...

--

quote:

----Keep your Adapter cool and if it gets warm cool it down. You will greatly reduce your <185W from that adapter as it gets hot and drops in eff. My guess is, the bottom wattage is around 120W before it just shutdown and gives up. Overall it is an AMAZING adapter! It puts up with a lot of abuse, so its a great design. OEM engineering all the way! It is as important to keep it cool as it is your laptop!

=> bullshit. Just because you post something does not make it a fact. Thats it

The plastic casing of the power supply is not that well designed to dispate power in the first place. You claim something that the casing has such big effect. nope. Regardless of office notebooks / gaming / whatever notebook they have basically all the same design for the power supply just scale for the demand.

--

quote:

----Sub and Speakers? Might I say pretty flipping worthless even with Loudness EQ set properly. Ditch the Sub, keep the speakers. 

Another bullshit. Most laptop speaker lacks in the lower frequency range. so having a subwoofer is not that bad.

The g75vw has no cooling issue. It has a firmware issue with the bios as most laptops have since years. locked down crap bios.

--

quote:

Let your battery recharge all the way before turning your machine on. With a weak battery the machine will have less power to run off the adapter and therefore will suffer from spikes. You may have to replace the battery, but keep this in mind. You don't need a new one! Just not a bad one. It is NOT worth more than 100 bucks for this laptop to replace the battery with an OEM battery. Do not get a refurb, just get a used OEM battery that is still good. (If possible) OEM new if nothing else. 

Bullshit: 

laptops run off the main power supply without the batteries since laptops exists. Why should there be any power spikes? It clearly indicates that the author has no glue what he posts about it. There are main filters in the power supply, and even more components which reduce the "ripple".

The hole post is just random gibberish, bullshit. Should the power supply be too weak, which happened in year 2000 with some ACER models, the battery still charged on those laptops but very very slowly. PArtly because of the battery charging circuit, partly because it was designed like that.

Maybe dell batteries costs a 100 dollars, most asus batteries i saw were around 30 euros for any model in past 8 years, which i looked up!

---

----Replace your Power Adapter. Again if you buy anything less than OEM get lost and stay out of this thread. Tolerances are there for a reason, and when a design is copied in China where everything is made, you loose some of that "reference" in a design to maximize profit.

AGain bullshit. Why should you have to replace your power supply. In very rare cases with clevo or msi you may have a need for that. When you buy a proper brand, e.g. Most ASUS notebooks you will never have a need for that. 

In general read notebookcheck or any other decent review site and you will see a comment in the test, if the notebook uses the battery under heavy load.

Mostly any stuff is made in china, which label is than applied and sold for, who knows. There are several lists in the net which shows that the same power supply is marketed under several product names and codes. Basically forget that gibberish => Again if you buy anything less than OEM get lost and stay out of this thread.

Power supply are always bought from a manufacturer who specializes in them and than branded for asus, msi, whatever ...

--

In summary your post is just a spam post, and you do not own the G75VW it in the first place or did you answer any of my questions.

--

--

I want to finally ask again, has anyone this hardware and has this bios in use recently?

Edited by N4RUS394W4
edit

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
4 hours ago, freejkee said:

Good afternoon
I wanted to download the BIOS but could not as the only way to detect a. could you send me file Asus G75VW - BIOS v223 - [unlocked] [overclock edition].zip   

sps

Hi!

Just read "User Account Promotion Rules":

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Edited by Klem

On 12/17/2016 at 8:53 PM, N4RUS394W4 said:

The G75VW is not that bad hardware.

No idea waht you refer to. Your post just looks like advertisment for any shitty youtube channel out there which exists.

I said its linux. And that the bios is kinda broken. As any laptop in past 8 years only works in windows because they make a quick and dirty workaround with their nvidia-drivers for example.

I am not fond of alienware. It is owned by dell now. Costs twice as much as an asus. Parts are hardly available for a reasonable price in central europe. I get my parts for asus from sweden for a certain moderate price. I did "refurbish" several of my asus notebooks, and sold a few of those older models.

The power consumption of any generic drive which fits in is one technical aspect which is noted in the technical data from the datasheet of the drive and the use case scenario, firmware and the operating system. Means when you use a shitty operating system which never spins down the drive, use a shitty file system or a crappy drive wiht a crappy firmware you may need more power as other drives. Check the technical data, you can not generalize that. There were even some SSDs which later had a very increased power consumption in comparision with other SSds. Some drives even have no value for the power consumption at all.

Regarding your comment about the power supply. When you buy "crap" like MSI you are most likely to get a notebook with an underpowered power supply. ASUS AFAIK regarding notebookcheck hardly ever had in the past 8 years since i read those notebook test reviews regularly, any notebooks with underpowered power supplies. Clevo had, msi had for example.

I could imagine when you overclock the gpu you may need more "juice", but it depends on the overall power consumption. The G75VW has a decent powersupply as an owner for over a year now. The cpu can not be that much overclocked. It may be possible to use BCLK to overclock it, but as you may know that little bit increase of these few mhz in bclk wont increase the power consumption that much that the power supply suddenly is the weakest link. it also depends on the values on the table of the bios for the cpu ...

--

quote:

----Keep your Adapter cool and if it gets warm cool it down. You will greatly reduce your <185W from that adapter as it gets hot and drops in eff. My guess is, the bottom wattage is around 120W before it just shutdown and gives up. Overall it is an AMAZING adapter! It puts up with a lot of abuse, so its a great design. OEM engineering all the way! It is as important to keep it cool as it is your laptop!

=> bullshit. Just because you post something does not make it a fact. Thats it

The plastic casing of the power supply is not that well designed to dispate power in the first place. You claim something that the casing has such big effect. nope. Regardless of office notebooks / gaming / whatever notebook they have basically all the same design for the power supply just scale for the demand.

--

quote:

----Sub and Speakers? Might I say pretty flipping worthless even with Loudness EQ set properly. Ditch the Sub, keep the speakers. 

Another bullshit. Most laptop speaker lacks in the lower frequency range. so having a subwoofer is not that bad.

The g75vw has no cooling issue. It has a firmware issue with the bios as most laptops have since years. locked down crap bios.

--

quote:

Let your battery recharge all the way before turning your machine on. With a weak battery the machine will have less power to run off the adapter and therefore will suffer from spikes. You may have to replace the battery, but keep this in mind. You don't need a new one! Just not a bad one. It is NOT worth more than 100 bucks for this laptop to replace the battery with an OEM battery. Do not get a refurb, just get a used OEM battery that is still good. (If possible) OEM new if nothing else. 

Bullshit: 

laptops run off the main power supply without the batteries since laptops exists. Why should there be any power spikes? It clearly indicates that the author has no glue what he posts about it. There are main filters in the power supply, and even more components which reduce the "ripple".

The hole post is just random gibberish, bullshit. Should the power supply be too weak, which happened in year 2000 with some ACER models, the battery still charged on those laptops but very very slowly. Partly because of the battery charging circuit, partly because it was designed like that.

Maybe dell batteries costs a 100 dollars, most asus batteries i saw were around 30 euros for any model in past 8 years, which i looked up!

Prove it troll.....

---

----Replace your Power Adapter. Again if you buy anything less than OEM get lost and stay out of this thread. Tolerances are there for a reason, and when a design is copied in China where everything is made, you loose some of that "reference" in a design to maximize profit.

AGain bullshit. Why should you have to replace your power supply. In very rare cases with clevo or msi you may have a need for that. When you buy a proper brand, e.g. Most ASUS notebooks you will never have a need for that. 

In general read notebookcheck or any other decent review site and you will see a comment in the test, if the notebook uses the battery under heavy load.

Mostly any stuff is made in china, which label is than applied and sold for, who knows. There are several lists in the net which shows that the same power supply is marketed under several product names and codes. Basically forget that gibberish => Again if you buy anything less than OEM get lost and stay out of this thread.

Power supply are always bought from a manufacturer who specializes in them and than branded for asus, msi, whatever ...

--

In summary your post is just a spam post, and you do not own the G75VW it in the first place or did you answer any of my questions.

--

--

I want to finally ask again, has anyone this hardware and has this bios in use recently?

Troll....EUROS......Broken....glue (That is a good summary for your post.....)

I don't have any glue about what I am talking about, I don't like being sticky....... FYI Those things are all Capacitors, what you can't even look that up? Unlike your ignorance of SMPS, its not perpetual motion. 

I guess your accusing me of stealing mine? Well I would like my 1683.54 back with interest!

I think you might have been made in China with some lead paint. 

Why change your oil? Why put gas in your car? Why breathe? You don't seem to need any of those things?

USD since the Primary market is the United States, where we have rules on batteries. Name Brand Cells = More money. OEM means from Service Center to Customer, not Amazon or bulk battery shops. Look up the exchange rate in 2012. I call bullshit since Asus has ceased production of the batteries for the G75 so your either buying old stock or knock offs. Do you really think your *RandomName*-Power 18650s have 10,000mah and will last 8 hours? If Panasonic and Samsung can't get their cells to 10ah then no one selling fake Asus batteries can. 

https://www.amazon.com/ALipower-Laptop-Battery-A42-G75-90-N2V1B1000Y/dp/B01GNZ3VY2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486881882&sr=8-5&keywords=G75VW+battery

Because "ALIPOWER" HAS to mean made by Asus!

other than they have been mostly out of stock from ASUS since 2014

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50118-Where-to-buy-a-replacement-battery-for-Asus-G75VW

29 bucks gets you ALLPOWER, MEGAPOWER, LEADPOWER, NOOBPOWER, BULLSHITPOWER branded 18650 cells, that really must have times the power of OEM batteries because internet!

You obviously have zero field service experience with assets if you think power adapters don't go bad. On most OEM systems running AT OEM SPEEDS they can outlast the laptop. If that were the case my units life-cycle ended 2 years ago. Intermediate failure exists and people like you spread ignorance by preaching well the LED means it is good right? 

The D620/D630 went through 3 adapters per unit (estimated by Dell) till they switched to the 90W adapters. 

I didn't just make things up, I worked with the machine and the modified bios. If that isn't good enough for you, well then learn how to fix your own problem, be a man and install the bios, use it for 6 months like I have, then come back with real proof. If it doesn't work, well I think we can all go on with our lives, but you might be screwed....

Show me your proof, IE the traces on the motherboard the Incoming Power uses, the chip that governs the switching, the several mosfets that protect from UV and OV, and the coulomb counter that forces the unit to start an SCR. Yeah you might be able to start it with the adapter, but run the Modified bios (which its obvious you haven't) with the battery and see how that goes. I want to see your hardware fail so you have someone else to bitch about. I have found no test you speak of where they run the computer without a battery to review a laptop.

Mine is attached. HM77 Bios, 3610 Processor, 82802 Firmware device, and the 3D screen controller at the bottom. I am sure you have no idea what those are. Maybe look up G75VW-DS73-3D?

If you don't understand why a laptop would have a power spikes then you have no right to call bullshit.

Switching Power Supplies

Junction Fets

Heat 

Loss

Electromagnetic Transference

and Display processing in general by the GPU 

What doesn't cause spikes in the DC to DC world? It is flattened by Capacitance and Frequency Modulation / Varying pulse width through isolation transformers and optical isolated. from SMPS.

Sorry you don't like my YouTube channel, I hope it doesn't ruin the rest of the internet for you.....

Who would want to reply to help you after a post like that? To me it sounds more like you generalized everything I said, processed it poorly, then decided that starting an argument on the internet was the right way of getting help. 

No one here can help you, you obviously need more than just advice on how a Basic Input Output System interfaces with a Phase Lock Loop setting.

Yeah, that's me calling you stupid, since you need things spelled out for you.

Moron.png

I got mono (still have it), and a lot of work goes into making even a "shitty" YouTube movie. If your my target audience, then instead I will just play some more Fallout on my oc'ed laptop since you know, mine works and your asking for help. I wonder if you are the sort that should be modding your bios? Crying and Screaming doesn't fix a bios, you need more electrons than you have in your tears of bullshit. If your to stupid or scared to flash your bios, well then no amount of reassurance on the internet will unbrick your machine. BUT we would like to see a video of you crying about your bricked machine when you do.

Edited by badinfluence7

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon! I wanted to ask what is a modified bios for today? What sections did it appear in? I am the owner of ASUS G75VW/660m and would like to improve it a little. But here I still can not download as soon as I registered.

Edited by amadeus7

I have a BIOS version of the video 80.07.2c.00.1e - can this modified BIOS be overclocked?

After reading the posts, I saw that sometimes there are problems with the modified BIOS, is it? Were there any progress on their correction?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
8 hours ago, amadeus7 said:

Yes, I also wanted to ask how to return to the stock bios? What protsydur do? Can I flash the flash from the BIOS?

To return to the stock bios (bios file from Asus website), just use ordinary Asus flashing procedure which described on Asus website.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, Klem said:

Great so basically I need to wait a week+ or buy a 6 dollar sub for a site that I will probably never use again to download a file for a laptop that is outdated and will probably have it for like another year ... wel thanks a lot, best forum ever!

3 hours ago, mucski said:

Great so basically I need to wait a week+ or buy a 6 dollar sub for a site that I will probably never use again to download a file for a laptop that is outdated and will probably have it for like another year ... wel thanks a lot, best forum ever!

It is worth my $6 worth of performance, I will mention. if you look at it as an overview, it is annoying if you aren't going to use it or are just going to wait till next year to do it.

15 hours ago, badinfluence7 said:

It is worth my $6 worth of performance, I will mention. if you look at it as an overview, it is annoying if you aren't going to use it or are just going to wait till next year to do it.

How could I know if it's good or not anyways lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...