[G75VW] - modified BIOS & VBIOS for higher overclocking

svl7

What are the max clocks for the 670m on my G75vw and max processor clocks and bus I am using the intel XTU right now and it's bother me since I have limited capability to use any other clocks except the turbo boost and for 670m same limited options at EVGA I would love to have a profile here to set everything maximum or a tutorial for it! This thing looks great :)!!!!

I am really wanting to know if this modded BIOS/vBios will work with my GPU?

Also, will I retain my UEFI bios options? because the LATEST system bios has those options eliminated.

Here is a screen shot of my GPU vBios

post-36425-14495000266828_thumb.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Hello everyone, could somebody upload or send me a BIOS file but for programming with a programmer? Mainboard Asus G75VW REV 2.1, I will be very thankful, nothing works for my Asus, I have a black screen after wrong flash. My email [email protected]

Check your mail box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
is it possible to use a 670m video card from a G75VX in a G75VW? should i use this modded bios to make it work?

670M? But G75VX come with 670MX. 670M and 670MX have a big difference!

• Bios Modder
ok. does know where i can find a tutorial to insert the vbios of a 670MX into the bios of a G75VW? or is anyone able to do it for me?

We can try make it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Does This Modifided BIOS turn on the KB Light???? thanks for the overclock its good to know that my asus can go more powerfull

You can read this:

1. http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking-42.html#post63632

2. Keyboard Light Fix (Gary Key) | NotebookReview

And download link:

fixmykb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any tutorial to reconstruct a G75VW bios, because it is a 8MB chip but the Bios file from Asus site is 6 MB, so the missing 2 MB must come from the bios dump of the bricked laptop ?

The 2 MB bios section contains all sensitive settings (SLIC, MAC adresse, Serial Number ...)

• Bios Modder
Is there any tutorial to reconstruct a G75VW bios, because it is a 8MB chip but the Bios file from Asus site is 6 MB, so the missing 2 MB must come from the bios dump of the bricked laptop ?

The 2 MB bios section contains all sensitive settings (SLIC, MAC adresse, Serial Number ...)

Sensitive settings (SLIC, MAC adresse, Serial Number ...) siting in 6 MB Bios.

Whole bios dump 8 MB contains in first 2 MB: Descriptor, GBE, ME. Other 6MB it is Bios region.

Hi Klem,

Thanks for your comments, but I need some clarifications.

"Whole bios dump 8 MB contains in first 2 MB: Descriptor, GBE, ME. Other 6MB it is Bios region." Does it mean that the whole bios is just a SIMPLE concatenation of the first 2MB + 6 MB Asus stock Bios ? Or during normal flash, the 6 MB Bios will be splitted into multiple parts and written into several region inside the 8 MB.

"Sensitive settings (SLIC, MAC adresse, Serial Number ...) siting in 6 MB Bios" . Is this 6MB Bios = 6 MB Asus stock Bios ? If this is the case, all G75VW should have same MAC adresse, SLIC or serial/ServiceTag number I don't really understand. Could you please give me more details or if you have some tutorial how to reconstruct the bios, I would be very happy. Thank you

• Bios Modder

"Does it mean that the whole bios is just a SIMPLE concatenation of the first 2MB + 6 MB Asus stock Bios?" Yes. But in simple case you can flash whole 8MB bios only with programmer device. Because in descriptor sitting protection against flash first 2MB. And in this case you will lost your personal data (MAC adress, Serial Number, Windows keys, etc...). Because 6MB bios from Asus website doesn't contains your personal data. This personal data sitting in your native backup of bios 6MB.

"Or during normal flash, the 6 MB Bios will be splitted into multiple parts and written into several region inside the 8 MB." No.

"Is this 6MB Bios = 6 MB Asus stock Bios?" No.

The flashing programs which use Asus (WinFlash, afudos or afuwin) flashes only some areas in 6MB bios, and doesn't touch areas where sitting your personal data.

Hi Klem,

If I follow you correctly, as long as I understand, I can reconstruct a damaged Asus Bios Dump (full 8 MB) like this:

- Take the first 2MB from damaged Bios, save it as a new file : firstpart.rom

- Copy the 6 MB Asus stock Bios and paste it at the end of firstpart.rom

- Save the file as: mycompletebios.rom

Juste a simple copy & paste .

Is my assumption is correct ?

Thanks,