EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Posted (edited)

hi there, it appears that with prime95 in the background cpu woltage doesn't go up more than 35W reaching 104 temp, am I not supposed to hit 45W mark while running prime95 or is it throttling :)

how to eliminate throttling using throttlestop. i am using a win10 64bit pro edition, i7 3610qm :)

Edited by stoyancho

On 7/21/2020 at 4:58 PM, stoyancho said:

how to eliminate throttling using throttlestop. i am using a win10 64bit pro edition, i7 3610qm :)

why you need so masochism ?

upgrade cooler system or downgrade cpu, due MB electronics degradation limits.

Hi all, proud owner of a 2570p here. I believe I've had mine for about 7 years now and going strong. Recently upgraded the RAM to 16GB DDRL. 

I'm going back to a graduate school program and am looking to upgrade it, though. It got me through my undergrad but I want to make sure it can handle another couple of years of heavy use. After reading the first page (isn't reading grand), I've purchased the following upgrades:

Intel Network 7260.HMWG.R Revised WiFi Wireless-AC Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth

Samsung SM841 256GB 2.5" SATA SSD DP P/N: 08Y70H MZ-7PD256D (MZ7PD256HAFV-000D1)

Intel Core i7 i7-3740QM 2.70 GHz Processor - Socket G2 BX80638I73740QM

Would love any feedback on these upgrades including things to watch out for when putting together. I know I'll have to transfer information from my existing SSD to the new one, does anyone recommend a good system?

I was also thinking of getting an eGPU for a 3 (maybe 4) monitor setup (right now I have two with the docking station and laptop closed), and found this:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2662-KR/dp/B00966IREK/ref=psdc_284822_t3_B003VWW2KK

But that's about where my knowledge ended. I understand that it'll connect to the expresscard 34 slot, but I don't understand how the adapter connects to the eGPU. What cable am I missing? Also: For merely adding more monitors, is an eGPU recommended? Or can one just daisy chain?

I've had this thread bookmarked for years, very happy to be here now.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ElitebookSurvivor said:

Intel Core i7 i7-3740QM 2.70 GHz Processor - Socket G2 BX80638I73740QM

That processor is for desktop. You should find processor for laptop with socket FCPGA988, you can see here: Evy Bridge Mobile. You can use WiFi 7260 HMWG but my advice is Wi-Fi 6 MPE-AX3000H. If you want to use Bluetooth of that module you must do the mod. That WiFi card works with Windows 10 only.

Edited by invait53

8 hours ago, invait53 said:

That processor is for desktop. You should find processor for laptop with socket FCPGA988, you can see here: Evy Bridge Mobile

Socket G2 is another name for FCPGA988, it will be fine. They just used random stock image of desktop CPU.

$128 is bit of a rip-off, but what do I know, alternative being flaky eBay sellers...

On 7/25/2020 at 2:49 AM, darkshvein said:

why you need so masochism ?

upgrade cooler system or downgrade cpu, due MB electronics degradation limits.

what limits the mb electronic degradtion? i just want to know if there is a way to make the cpu run faster

1 hour ago, stoyancho said:

i just want to know if there is a way to make the cpu run faster

yepp.

cool more efficiently. see ways at the top of this  topic

19 hours ago, invait53 said:

That processor is for desktop. You should find processor for laptop with socket FCPGA988, you can see here: Evy Bridge Mobile. You can use WiFi 7260 HMWG but my advice is Wi-Fi 6 MPE-AX3000H. If you want to use Bluetooth of that module you must do the mod. That WiFi card works with Windows 10 only.

All good on the bluetooth, I'm planning on using the existing broadcom card on the front of the unit. Haven't had any issues with it. I do have Windows 10. 

11 hours ago, batyanko said:

Socket G2 is another name for FCPGA988, it will be fine. They just used random stock image of desktop CPU.

$128 is bit of a rip-off, but what do I know, alternative being flaky eBay sellers...

Yeah I found this out as well after invait replied. Opened it up to see the socket type, rPGA989 which is backward compatible with 988. 

Thank you both!

Has anyone used the 2570p with a USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station like these Mini Dock and Dual 2K Dock from wavlink.

I am planning to use this together with a USB 3.0 switch so that me and my wife can share the same Monitor and keyboard (less hassle) 

I tried searching the thread but found nothing related to universal docking station

On 7/25/2020 at 9:28 PM, ElitebookSurvivor said:

Samsung SM841

Probably good, idk is this PRO line SSD or just EVO, but it's Samsung at least.

Intel Network 7260

Same, but if you're using linux you may get a "happy" time with intel cards.

Intel Core i7 i7-3740QM

Too hot. 3612qm or top two-core i7 solution will be definitely better for everyday use. I'll recommend you to set max performance % to 99% in windows, that will cap cpu to 2.7ghz. And 4-core processors are hungry in idle too, if you will use nb for internet or scrolling - it will discharge for 1...2 hour faster than it can with 2-core cpu installed. Saying as 3740qm owner.

does anyone recommend a good system

Windows 7. W10 is a piece of s**t. Also you can migrate with Acronis True Image. Or just leave old SSD and replace dvdrom with new one using caddy.

What cable am I missing?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000671206562.html some adapter like this and an ATX power supply of course. It will be cheapier if you buy pcie riser for mining station and find some dead usb3-expresscard adapter, that needs to be modified to be a plain passive adapter

For merely adding more monitors, is an eGPU recommended

You can use internal (and, probably, simultaneously docking station too) displayport freely. AFAIK nvidia's 6*0 cards doesn't support more than 2 monitors at a time, and summary surface resolution is the same, so if you planning to use only eGPU solution as multimonitor driver, you'll get only connections without any dp->someport convertors. As for egpu+integrated mixed usage idk, i'm not an egpu setup owner.

On 7/25/2020 at 11:28 PM, ElitebookSurvivor said:

does anyone recommend a good system?

Windows 10. Never had any trouble with it.

20 hours ago, MioIV said:

Windows 7. W10 is a piece of s**t.

It's just your subjective opinion. Some people likes to use ancient things like s**t of mammoth. 

Hello.

As me asked above, ips can be installed only with some case modifications.

Then, is not my way.

Please, advice seller, with better  compatible TN display for subj notebook. aliexpress, or another store. My eyes are tired. 

Edited by darkshvein

2 hours ago, invait53 said:

Windows 10. Never had any trouble with it.

It's just your subjective opinion. Some people likes to use ancient things like s**t of mammoth. 

If you're okay with laggy UWP interface, background activity, too heavy interface design for standard HD screen and general idea "OS needs to be smarter than user", then this OS is good for you.

1 hour ago, darkshvein said:

better  compatible TN display

AFAIK there's none really different options, all available 2...3 displays comes with ugly "white" bluish LED backlight without any PWM compensation. And there is two possible solutions for each problem, both tricky:
1. disassemble the screen, extract backlight strip and resolder the LEDs to better ones - i'm can't even guess is those LEDs possible to find. However on aliexpress you can find some LED strips for generic laptop screens, or buy a broken IPS screen from thinkpad and try to use it's strip;
2. This issue needs to pach a video bios for a new PWM frequency - this was already done by the x2*0 users. Or try the IntelPWMControl. Or as theoretical alternative - PWM-to-Linear conversion module installation. Like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000269274889.html

Edited by MioIV
  • Thumbs Up 1

For all sub-17" Elitebooks the best CPU is the 3632QM. I have that, and it's fast, true 4-core, cool, and never throttles. You loose V-Pro, but that's more of a burden nowadays than a blessing. I'm very happy to have such a CPU in my system, it continually proves to be the optimum point.