valera, what is used, not new? that drive I posted the deal on is a brand new unit.

and now the deal is over and it is back up to 108...........

@adrian_sa Im curious, why did you say the panel is too tall? Did you grind something off of the shell to make the panel fit? I'm also curious about the structural integrity of the new screen. Can you say the laptop's durability is still the same after the all modifications you did to make the panel fit? Or does it now make you a little bit careful in handling the laptop as compared to before? How will you rate the durability of the laptop, post panel replacement? 1-10, ten being as sturdy as stock, untouched laptop?

Posted (edited)

@adrian_sa After you changed the screen your webcamera still working or not?

Edited by invait53

looking to buy Intel 545s SSD 256GB. Does anyone have that SSD model installed? any issues?

On 4/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, Onoakino said:

@adrian_sa Im curious, why did you say the panel is too tall? Did you grind something off of the shell to make the panel fit? I'm also curious about the structural integrity of the new screen. Can you say the laptop's durability is still the same after the all modifications you did to make the panel fit? Or does it now make you a little bit careful in handling the laptop as compared to before? How will you rate the durability of the laptop, post panel replacement? 1-10, ten being as sturdy as stock, untouched laptop?

Well I'm using it on a daily basis and I slam sometimes the lid and no problems. I think that the cable will fail first, I grinded some parts from the lid because the electronics of the panel whre interfering but this could be done without grinding with the right panel. I had this one on hand so I used it :)

@invait53

Yes the webcam works.

Thanks @adrian_sa

I wonder if anyone here has tried fitting it with backlit keyboard but just hasn't posted it here yet?

Hello everybody. Our friend @adrian_sa still keeps his secret as a partisan. I know how he changed the screen. Right now I'm on the Philippines and don't have tools to upgrade the screen. In one month I will go back to Russia and change the screen. An additional Display Port is in the Docking Station connector. I already used that connector for USB line for BlueTooth in Wi-Fi card.

Spoiler

992807894_InventecStyx_MV_Page_49.thumb.jpg.365e1ac5dac898f9db04035ddc3c627b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I would like to upgrade from a 3820qm to a 3940xm. Who can do a throttlestop or hyperpi benchmark so I can compare how much few % I will gain ?

It will NOT be a lot but I plan to upgrade the cooling system with a water pack. I simply want to have the best configuration for the 2570p, with no commenting.

not sure what more you would gain, but your scores will probably edge mine out, best ram, best ssd and then you will be at the peak of what could be, 

Posted (edited)
Please answer how I should be. I want to install DDR3-2133 memory.
I have DDR3-1600, there is a programmer for SPD chips, there are programs Thaiphoon Burner and SPDTool 0.6.3.
For the memory to work like 2133, do me need to write the frequency 2133 to the main SPD area or to the XMP profile?
Edited by Valera Master

I can't help you, but somebody on here should be able to help once they understand what you are trying to do.

I'm off to the pc store this morning, mounting bracket for cpu cooler cracked last night, no cooler, no good......... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep blue screen.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:54 PM, Valera Master said:

I want to install DDR3-2133 memory.

You need to ask here. It's russian forum. I was thinking about it but decided to buy a new DDR3-2133.

updated to bios version 73 last night, all good so far, not sure what it changes or "fixes" but its all good to me.

ok, why not? just hooked up the hdmi to displya port cable to the lil hp, other end is plugged into the LG 55 inch UHD monitor, looks damn crisp and clear at 4k resolution!    no one else has done anything to their hp lately?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:10 PM, mikmaze said:

updated to bios version 73 last night, all good so far, not sure what it changes or "fixes" but its all good to me.

Only security update

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130.

In 2019, I am pretty sure you can lost hope that HP add any new feature to the 2570p, we are even happy that they still update the BIOS for security... The advantage in having a entreprise grade laptop.

I guess you are right, I am happy with the performance of this little fkr, just beginning to wonder what would be the next lappy that replaces this one someday, how many cores will it have,  how many gigs of ram, how many gigs of storage, or will the next one be an all on one die solution...........

Seems to be going in the direction of all soldered non-user upgradable laptops.

Anyone thought of replacing the speakers on this thing with better sounding ones? 

mine never leaves its place on my desk, and it is wired to a nice logitech 5.1 setup.

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 10:29 PM, mikmaze said:

I guess you are right, I am happy with the performance of this little fkr, just beginning to wonder what would be the next lappy that replaces this one someday, how many cores will it have,  how many gigs of ram, how many gigs of storage, or will the next one be an all on one die solution...........

I have already thought about this. Well, the best of the best laptop, is Thinkpads, just read this article to know why :

http://www.cnmod.cn/2019/06/05/51nbs-x210-review-a-faithful-recreation/

Basically, the X201 of 2010 (or some year not to far) is so popular that chinese dude made an all new motherboard with an intel core i5/i7 8th gen (low power quad core versions). DDR4 and 32GB ram. 4k monitor compatible. Insane. I wonder if there is also a mod for i9 or i7 hexa core.

The CPUs are soldered, but those CPU mods it is pretty close to what we did with the 2560p/2570p mods.

Edited by juandante
More info : the 3820QM/3840QM and XM equivalent for the 8th is i7 hexacore and i9, so I can't really say that the mod for the x201 is equivalent, but it is the closest I found to replace the 2570p.