Earlier today I checked back to see for replies but having seen none, I decided to bite the bullet. I took my motherboard to an electronics repair shop and asked them to solder the jumper for me. I brought thin cables that I took from a spare USB charger cable, and wires from cat5 ethernet cable. 

The technician used the the thin cables from the USB cord.

I bought this wifi-bt combo card from AliExpress and 

802.11ac 867Mbps Wireless-AC For AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB WLAN+Bluetooth BT 4.0 Half Mini PCI-E WIFI CARD AW-CE123H

Wi-Fi works natively on Windows 10. Bluetooth needed some searching for driver so I let Windows find it for me, and afterwards, BT worked.

Checking back here again to report my progress and am happy that @viasat took the time to give his insight. Thank you nonetheless. I appreciate it. :)

Last upgrade would be to replace the mechanical hdd with SSD, but that's until Black Friday / Cyber Monday arrives. Cheers!

Also, I'm a little stumped at the moment. I bought an esata power to sata connector for the purpose of booting off from my 3.5 sata hdd. However, interrupted boot, BIOS cannot find the HDD, nor does Windows 10 or Mac OS Sierra (I'm on dual boot win10 and macOS). 

Is our elitebook providing power on its esata? There is a guide here about booting off of esata and he seemed to be able to boot (or at least made the bios detect his hdd) just by using that special cable. Mine just doesn't work. Any ideas why?

6 hours ago, Onoakino said:

Also, I'm a little stumped at the moment. I bought an esata power to sata connector for the purpose of booting off from my 3.5 sata hdd. However, interrupted boot, BIOS cannot find the HDD, nor does Windows 10 or Mac OS Sierra (I'm on dual boot win10 and macOS). 

Is our elitebook providing power on its esata? There is a guide here about booting off of esata and he seemed to be able to boot (or at least made the bios detect his hdd) just by using that special cable. Mine just doesn't work. Any ideas why?

Not enough power. 3.5 HDD need 12v. esata generate 5v for 2.5 HDD

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I recently updated my hp-2570p hackintosh to MacOSX High Sierra (legally in my country, as I own an older macMINI that I took the original system from).

In the last 2 years it ran beautifully with an i7-3740qm cpu, but with the new OS (10.13.6 instead of 10.11.6) the "context menu key" on its windows keyboard is no longer recognised.

I used to put a lot of useful shortcuts on this key, but now there is NO reaction to its pressing – or rather: ONLY when the left fn-key is pressed PREVIOUSLY is it recognised as right_alt / 0xe6  (by Karabiner's event viewer).

Anybody had a similar experience or KNOWS how this can be "turned back" ? Maybe some kext-issue (still the old one) ?

Thanks … hopefully

Edited by DANTech
typo.

21 hours ago, DANTech said:

Anybody had a similar experience or KNOWS how this can be "turned back" ? Maybe some kext-issue (still the old one) ?

I had the same problem. But I do not remember the solution. Most likely - remove some kexts. And of course all kexts must be the latest version.

It's my kexts list:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

AppleALC.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

FakePCIID.kext

FakeSMC.kext

HSSDBlockStorage.kext

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

JMB38X.kext

Lilu.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

On 9/24/2018 at 6:55 PM, DANTech said:

Hi, I recently updated my hp-2570p hackintosh to MacOSX High Sierra (legally in my country, as I own an older macMINI that I took the original system from).

Thanks … hopefully

LOL! No such thing as hackintosh being legal (not in any country). And if I'm not mistaken it's 1 OSX 'license' per machine. To make it more legal? You can purchase another  https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard ... still makes its greyzone. But at least we would be supporting Apple just a little bit more. ;-)

Pertaining your Hackintosh problems. For support on separate kexts -- if you build it from scratch yourself -- I've had the best support at https://osxlatitude.com/forums/ or just use the kexts of Rehabman's repo's. You can find all the links or entire bootback script at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/ which works for 10.14 Mojave too btw without using the beta repo; although that could be an avenue you like to explore.

Note: and while on the matter of kexts. For a fully working SD(HC) card slot in 10.13.x ? Checkout this kext: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/ 

Edited by Rhyker2U
typo's and other useful aditions

I'm still on Sierra 10.12.6. I want Mojave but I have to read more and hear more people who have 2570p reporting they have working Mojave on their machines.

I'm trying to solve the reboot issue (laptop would restars instead of shutdown) on Sierra after bridged the wlan usb to usb dock. 

Good to know hackintoshers are alive in this thread. :)

On 27.9.2018 at 10:45 AM, Rhyker2U said:

Pertaining your Hackintosh problems. For support on separate kexts -- if you build it from scratch yourself -- I've had the best support at https://osxlatitude.com/forums/ or just use the kexts of Rehabman's repo's. You can find all the links or entire bootback script at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/ which works for 10.14 Mojave too btw without using the beta repo; although that could be an avenue you like to explore.

Note: and while on the matter of kexts. For a fully working SD(HC) card slot in 10.13.x ? Checkout this kext: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/ 

Hi Rhyker, nice to hear of such high (above others') ethical and moral standards ;-)

Congratulations.

"Pertaining" your (OWN - ?!? … => double morale?) Hackintosh problems:

I've had the best support results from googling, thinking and DIY/M (myself).

So, my problem was solved by reverting to Voodoo's predecessor ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.

It seems that Voodoo's info.plist contains an item "HPQOEM" with some hp-probook-specific values that simply don't match and won't work with my EliteBook-2570p – but, I suspect, keep it from using "Default" settings... bad luck.

Re-installing ApplePS2SmartTouchPad made my keyboard accessible by Karabiner Elements again, with these settings:

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext > PlugIns > ApplePS2SKeyboard.kext > info.plist
  :
CFBundleVersion		<string>	4.6.5
  :
v IOKitPersonalities
	v ApplePS2Keyboard
		:
		v Preferences
			:
		  Make context menu key into key   <integer>	16
			:
		ProductID		<integer>		65535
		Use ISO Layout		<boolean>		false	[for European keyboards: use "true"!]
		VendorID		<integer>		1452
  	:

Now the MENU key is recognised as "scan_previous_track", quite nonsensically, but thus can be twitched to some more meaningful task.

[ P.s.: I got it running with VoodooPS2Controller, too, but then the MENU key was chained to being a "context menu" or right mouse button. Arghhhhh !!! ]

Edited by DANTech
  • Thumbs Up 1

hi,

very nice and interesting forum with a lot of good information. I am interested in using my 2570p with an external graphic accelerator, instead I was looking at this 

https://***********/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/aorus-gaming-box-what-gpus-do-work-and-which-ones-do-not/

Will this run on mine hp?? :frantics:

1 hour ago, stoyancho said:

hi,

very nice and interesting forum with a lot of good information. I am interested in using my 2570p with an external graphic accelerator, instead I was looking at this 

https://***********/forums/thunderbolt-enclosures/aorus-gaming-box-what-gpus-do-work-and-which-ones-do-not/

Will this run on mine hp?? :frantics:

Of course not. Old laptop doesn't have thunderbolt. But you can use EXP GDC BEAST

DSC_0007.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, Classique said:

Please explain.

With EXP GDC BEAST i will add external videocard. Will i see everything on my 2570 display or i will have to add external monitor for this?

On which chipsets in general it works?

Thanks.

I tried three video cards: rx580, gtx 760 and gtx 1060. gtx 1060 only can work with internal display, but on internal display performance ruduced by ~25-30

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone know a reason why my 2570p won't always power on, usually when cold, when power button is first pressed? if i press it a second time it always powers on and after using it and shutting down it usually powers on first time.

I've tested ram and ssd. No dust or other problems with cooling system. Tried swapping battery and ram from my other 2570p which works fine....

10 hours ago, Matd said:

Anyone know a reason why my 2570p won't always power on, usually when cold, when power button is first pressed? if i press it a second time it always powers on and after using it and shutting down it usually powers on first time.

I've tested ram and ssd. No dust or other problems with cooling system. Tried swapping battery and ram from my other 2570p which works fine....

Power cirsuit problem, Service centre only can help you.

10 hours ago, Matd said:

I had a very similar problem with a 2540p, but only with AC power connected. So as @Phobosse said, probably a power circuit issue.

That 2540p turned on about 1 in 5 times, with ~5 sec wait necessary between retries, and I still wouldn't complain. So if your laptop always turns on the second time, that still sounds like good enough :))

Anyway it `might` be worth to try another AC adapter, if you happen to have one around. I find the 2570p quite pretentious about AC adapters, refusing other brands even with the same voltage. For example it won't take a Dell charger, while a Dell Latitude E5430 will do alright with the HP charger.

35 minutes ago, Matd said:

Has anyone managed to find a way of playing back 4k video from their 2570p? I've seen a few USB 3.0 devices that claim to offer 4k video playback but im doubtful...

I don't understand. VLC can't play 4k ? and what device ?

• Thumbs Up 1