Did anyone ever succeed with installing a backlit keyboard into the 2570p? I've read in the thread that someone was going to try a backlit keyboard from another HP model. 

The keyboard light in the case is awful. Even when it's completely dark it does nothing to help see the lights. There is a guide to remove the plastic on the led to make it brighter but it seems that it doesn't apply to the 2570p.

Thank you! 

hey guys, 

My 2570p has a i7 3610qm, but the GPU Core Clock just run at 350Mhz,  no matter how I set it up it doesn't work, still run at 350Mhz. I even can't open the intel graphic control panel.  Can someone help me solve  this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by kawaiicheung

On 17.11.2018 at 10:53 PM, Valera Master said:

Hi guys. I was thinking about replacing the matrix with IPS. LP125WH2-SLB1 has response time is 35 ms. It's a lot. B125XW02 has 6 ms. On IPS Movies will be unpleasant to watch, and especially play

Hi. You didn't read well the first page. Guys already tried. Not success:

2018-11-19_111159.thumb.jpg.7e9668c0d07b5c2b8ae72bf98d036ff0.jpg

Edited by invait53

I put an Intel 3940xm in mine and it works great. Being an Intel Extreme processor, it is tunable using Intel’s Extrem Tuning Utility, (ETU), a free download. IETU confirms that the 3940xm is under-volted at boot. But the utility’s built in stability test proves that it’s stable. It did hit 103-104 degrees Celsius a few times during this intense testing, but it thermal-throttled itself 3-4 times in 5 minutes, and was still stable. I bought a laptop cooling pad with stereo speakers built in for better sound, and an external vacuum fan. This combo kept the CPU temps down around 85 degrees Celsius during the test. I like 80 degrees better, so I limited the Turbo-Boost to 3.2GHz. I replaced the DVD drive with a Blu-Ray and used my new laptop to digitize my entire collection of DVD and Blu-Ray movies, running it constantly for about 2-months, using MakeMKV and the extremely CPU-intensive Handbrake. During normal computing, not gaming, the CPU runs between 40-60 degrees Celsius with just the built-in heat sink and fan. Hope this helps someone.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:46 AM, John Entwistle said:

I put an Intel 3940xm in mine and it works great. Being an Intel Extreme processor, it is tunable using Intel’s Extrem Tuning Utility, (ETU), a free download. IETU confirms that the 3940xm is under-volted at boot. But the utility’s built in stability test proves that it’s stable. It did hit 103-104 degrees Celsius a few times during this intense testing, but it thermal-throttled itself 3-4 times in 5 minutes, and was still stable. I bought a laptop cooling pad with stereo speakers built in for better sound, and an external vacuum fan. This combo kept the CPU temps down around 85 degrees Celsius during the test. I like 80 degrees better, so I limited the Turbo-Boost to 3.2GHz. I replaced the DVD drive with a Blu-Ray and used my new laptop to digitize my entire collection of DVD and Blu-Ray movies, running it constantly for about 2-months, using MakeMKV and the extremely CPU-intensive Handbrake. During normal computing, not gaming, the CPU runs between 40-60 degrees Celsius with just the built-in heat sink and fan. Hope this helps someone.

You seem to have exceptionnal results for a XM cpu. I have a 3820 and cant have as good results as you, are you sure the CPU doesnt throttle as often ?

First it will throttle quickly for the simple fact that the mobo of the 2570p doesnt output 55w but 40w so from a theoritical analisys the CPU should run at 80percent of its full potential

Can you download ThrottleStop and post the benchmark results ? (or another simple program as Cinebench, or CPUz, or HWmonitor, etc)

On 11/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, invait53 said:

Hi. You didn't read well the first page. Guys already tried. Not success:

Hi. Yes i read everything. I did not understand why they wanted to change the matrix. Only because of the viewing angles? The response time is very long with IPS

2 hours ago, Valera Master said:

Hi. Yes i read everything. I did not understand why they wanted to change the matrix. Only because of the viewing angles? The response time is very long with IPS

2570p has worst TN matrix with ugly colors low brightness and very bad viewing angles. 2570p is not gaming laptop and don't need small responce time panel. I find some chineese forum with success story IPS installing. But it need some frame modify.

https://forum.51nb.com/thread-1643933-1-1.html

• Thumbs Up 1

RSA bypass

https://habr.com/post/249655/

This was published February 2015, and this works also for our 2570p.

The bypass was found by the famous UEFITool maker and firmware expert Nikolaj Schlej aka CodeRush https://twitter.com/nikolajschlej

For this mod a externel SPI programmer is a must.

In the UEFI image there is PEI module called SecureUpdating, the mod tricks the UEFI into think that the notebook wakes from S3 so the RSA check is not performed.

There is also a backup of the module that also has to be modded.

I modded my F.50 BIOS but I don't know how to disable the WWAN whitelist.

I soldered a header to the EEPROM so I can try different BIOS mod without disassembly.

I also installed new WiFi antennas from a T450s now I'm waiting for my new Intel 9260 card from China, I also ordered a m.2 to mPCIe adapter.

The next mission is to try to install a better eDP panel that would be driven from the external DisplayPort connector, there is a nice Sharp 12.5" 1440p IPS panel on aliexpress.

IMG_20181129_143813.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Phobosse said:

I find some chineese forum with success story IPS installing. But it need some frame modify.

Hello, if you found any information how to change the matrix success, pls, share it with us. I would like to try that too.

Sorry, didn't notice link. :shame:

Edited by invait53

12 hours ago, Valera Master said:

They tried to do it many years ago. I fink they didn't find the IPS display at that time.

Edited by invait53

I got some news regarding the whitelist, I found a post on 51nb that if you remove the SecureUpdating and WLAN, WWAN modules the whitelist is disabled. And so I removed SecureUpdating, WLAN, WWAN, Bluetooth, Computrace, ApsoluteDriver and pluged in a second wifi card and sure enough there was no warning an the system booted just fine but the card is not detected in the OS. I tried masking pins 20 and 51 but that didn't help. Now this wifi card is PCIe only so I need a WWAN card to try. I found a cheap card locally that I might buy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, juandante said:

You seem to have exceptionnal results for a XM cpu. I have a 3820 and cant have as good results as you, are you sure the CPU doesnt throttle as often ?

First it will throttle quickly for the simple fact that the mobo of the 2570p doesnt output 55w but 40w so from a theoritical analisys the CPU should run at 80percent of its full potential

Can you download ThrottleStop and post the benchmark results ? (or another simple program as Cinebench, or CPUz, or HWmonitor, etc)

You can't load ThrottleStop or any other utility like it when you have Intel Extreme Tuning Utility installed, and there's really no reason to when they pretty much do the same thing. Just for you, I ran a 5-minute stress test with only my cooling pad fan on, no external vacuum filter or fan. I'm attaching it and the benchmark test.

IETU5minCPonly.jpg

Intel XTU.jpg