On 6/25/2016 at 4:28 AM, Matd said:

Can someome please confirm if the 2570P defiantely has a SATA3 6GB hard drive interface please?

Do you also know if the 8460p and 8470p also have it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.  All of the 60p and 70p systems I've encountered support SATA III 6.0GB/S on the hard drive interface.  I have a 2560p (now modded to a 2570p), as well as an 8760w (now modded to an 8770w) and multiple 8470p systems all running SATA III drives at SATA III speeds on the hard drive interfaces.

Here is a link to the specs for the 2570p http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03412731

Note that if you ordered it with an SSD, it was spec'd for SATA III 6.0GB/S.

Edited by XS850SG
Typo / Clarification

Hi, I'm about to purchase a HP 2570p. I intend to use egpu with my Zotac 650 ti boost. I have a few question:

1. Which egpu device is more stable? I heard Nando said that PE-4C is more stable, but how about EXP GDC v8?
  2. I want to use internal screen. AFAIK, I only need to download mobile driver here, no Setup 1x needed, right?
  3. Do I need thermal material when upgrade CPU like copper shim or thermal pads? I only have thermal paste available.

On May 31, 2016 at 10:37 PM, invait53 said:

Hi everyone, I installed two hard disks into caddy box. One disk is the SSD an other the HDD.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

I used the bluetooth USB for HDD. Thank you pillofoc. You were right about bluetooth USB. It is not in whitelist. System installed to SSD msata. I have installed two HDD 2 TB and one SSD. I'm traveling a lot and working very far on the North. That's why I need big volume of HDD to download a lot of films. And in a future I can change one HDD to SSD and and  set up RAID 0.

Hi @invait53

First thank you for your wlan+bluetooth mod,your explanations and pictures helped a lot a beginner like to do your mod.

Now I want to ask you the same thing about msata ssd on bluetooth mod,can you please put some detail pictures and schematics how to do it?

I'm not so technically skilled like you,so please try to explain step by step.Of course,if you have free time to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!

23 hours ago, NanoG6 said:

What is sata version on the ODD interface? Planning to buy HDD Caddy and use SSD on it, but that would be pointless if the sata version is 1, according to this image:

I'm planning this upgrade too. In my opinion, that means the SATA version of the dvd itself, not the port on the motherboard. HP2570p uses a QM77 board which support at least 2xSATA II device.

In another problem:

Do I need to replace to a more powerful charger if I upgrade the CPU to an I7 quad?

Edited by egpuer

3 hours ago, egpuer said:

I'm planning this upgrade too. In my opinion, that means the SATA version of the dvd itself, not the port on the motherboard. HP2570p uses a QM77 board which support at least 2xSATA II device

Sorry I don't get it, so it means ODD interface is SATA II while primary HDD interface is SATA III?

I bought the Caddy at AliExpress (waiting for delivery), it says "SATA for HDD and SATA 3 for motherboard" (number 3 and 4):

s8rsaqe.png

Edited by NanoG6

37 minutes ago, NanoG6 said:

Sorry I don't get it, so it means ODD interface is SATA II while primary HDD interface is SATA III?

I bought the Caddy at AliExpress (waiting for delivery), it says "SATA for HDD and SATA 3 for motherboard" (number 3 and 4):

My bad, QM77 have 2 SATA III (not II) ports. Check here 

On 11/7/2016 at 10:31 AM, invait53 said:

Did somebody install the new bios F.63? Any changes?

Hi, I see you upgraded the CPU to quad cores. Did you change your power adapter too?

2 hours ago, A.j. said:

Quick question... does anyone know what USB 3.0 chipset is used by the 2570p?  Is it Intel?  (Or perhaps Renesa?)

Thanks much.  Can't seem to find this info.

It is not easy to find this out but I believe it is Intel based upon product descriptions and it having an Intel QM77-J8A.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks... I'm thinking you're right.  I just read Intel's spec sheet for the QM77 chipset, which says it contains "an integrated eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) host controller that supports up to four USB 3.0 ports." 

So, must be Intel... unless someone here knows differently!

Edited by A.j.

Guys, does your 2570p comes with skin guard on it? I bought second hand 2570p and it has such a skin guard both on cover/lid and palm rest, but i5 and Windows7 emblem/logo on top of it. So I dont know whether it comes from the HP or previous owner.

18258a35a46cbc3c1b27c9df3f2320e3.jpg

8f7386e6f3740065e35a960ae8671823.jpg

5ebb7bef84bd487ea5674fc11789b855.jpg

No skin guard on mine, or any the others I've seen in the wild... probably after-market? 

I think you could just peel it off (if you don't like it).  I've had my skinless 2570p for years now, and the thing seems damn near indestructible :super:

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks A.j. I think I'm just gonna let it there. The skin cut is so detail/precision and give good protection. Starting to love this little beast

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Proud owner of -- currently still 2560p hackintosh (with everything working) -- but this topic made me decide to get a 2570p due extra oomph for CPU, eGPU, whitelisted WiFi and lots of exciting hardware mods. Thanks a million for putting this thread together and such a blessing to see such an active community. Looking forward to contribute after learning from you folks. *manhug*

6 hours ago, Rhyker2U said:

Proud owner of -- currently still 2560p hackintosh (with everything working) -- but this topic made me decide to get a 2570p due extra oomph for CPU, eGPU, whitelisted WiFi and lots of exciting hardware mods. Thanks a million for putting this thread together and such a blessing to see such an active community. Looking forward to contribute after learning from you folks. *manhug*

Rhyker-

I had a 2560p to start with too.  I bought a 2570p motherboard off eBay cheap (around $40 US I believe).  If you are thinking about upgrading the processor on a 2570p, just get a 2570p motherboard and the i7 processor you want (I went with a 3720qm), and use a small dremel style cutoff wheel to modify the bottom chassis per my earlier post (bottom of page 49 of this thread) and save yourself some cost. 

I'm still kicking around a few ideas on how to fit an IPS 1080p display too...

Hello, today I got hit by 2 strange problems. On the same day my audio and power button stopped working. Power button doesn't react to commands, inside the windows, and it doesn't start the laptop itself. What I noticed, that the laptop starts to boot once I insert the power source (battery or the plug) is it expected, or the button is stuck in the ON position? For audio, it just disappeared, device is detected using windows or Linux, but no audio can be heard using speakers, or the headphones. Any ideas? 

Edited by kasskas

Guys, do you know whether this card will work? Intel 7260 7260HMW Wireless AC +Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless-AC WiFi BT 4.0:

t5sk4wF.png

I know at the front page has been mentioned about Intel 7260, but I don't want to get confused with 7260 N:

-font-b-Intel-b-font-Wireless-N-font-b-7

On 8/3/2016 at 4:32 AM, kasskas said:

Hello, today I got hit by 2 strange problems. On the same day my audio and power button stopped working. Power button doesn't react to commands, inside the windows, and it doesn't start the laptop itself. What I noticed, that the laptop starts to boot once I insert the power source (battery or the plug) is it expected, or the button is stuck in the ON position? For audio, it just disappeared, device is detected using windows or Linux, but no audio can be heard using speakers, or the headphones. Any ideas? 

Maybe you can update the Bios? or perform a hard reset: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01684768

7 hours ago, NanoG6 said:

Guys, do you know whether this card will work? Intel 7260 7260HMW Wireless AC +Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless-AC WiFi BT 4.0:

t5sk4wF.png

I know at the front page has been mentioned about Intel 7260, but I don't want to get confused with 7260 N:

The wireless works without issue.

In fact I'm using the same wireless card on mine.

However, the Bluetooth doesn't work as the slot doesn't have the USB connection needed to run the Bluetooth.

You'll still need the Bluetooth adapter.

7 hours ago, NanoG6 said:

t5sk4wF.png

The wireless works without issue.

In fact I'm using the same wireless card on mine.

However, the Bluetooth doesn't work as the slot doesn't have the USB connection needed to run the Bluetooth.

You'll still need the Bluetooth adapter.

My first time posting here.

Just thought to share that I'm a happy 2570p user as well.

I'm not as hardcore as the other users which I see around.

Mine is a lot more modest than that.

-Core i7 3740QM

-16GB 1866MHz Crucial Ballistix DDR3L (2x8GB)

-Crucial MX200 250GB (Boot drive)

-Crucial BX200 960GB (Storage drive)

-Intel 7260AC Wifi card

-ExpressCard USB 3.0 card

Otherwise the rest of the stuffs are untouched.

Anyway, I do have couple of questions to asked which I don't think I've noticed was posted here.

When I upgraded it to Windows 10, I noticed that there is a Base System Device driver that isn't installed.

Windows Update could not provide anything regarding it.

Googling around wouldn't yield any results too (or perhaps I have been googling it wrongly).

My unit comes with the Bluetooth, fingerprint scanner but without the webcam.

The fingerprint scanner and Bluetooth work just fine.

Not sure if any of the masters here are able to help me out regarding this.

Secondly, I've recently updated the Windows with the Anniversary Update.

However, the unit now keeps crashing after 10-15 minutes.

It'll just turn unresponsive and there is nothing that I couldn't do.

The BIOS is currently set to UEFI Native.

Could this be an issue with the UEFI?

I'm currently using the F.61 BIOS version.

And I just noticed that they have the F.63 available now.

I'll probably update the BIOS first and hope that this resolves the issue.

Appreciate the feedback from the rest of you masters too.

:)