On 3/14/2016 at 6:30 PM, andhie133128 said:

Hi guys!,

Good day! I currently having an issue with my eGPU setup and I'm running out of idea how to fix it.

I tried different methods from this site how to dsdt override my system but still failed, I also bought the setup 1.3 by @Tech Inferno Fan but still not working for me...

My current system is:

HP 2570p 3rd gen i5 cpu

8GB memory RAM

eGPU GTX 750 TI 2GB DDR5

Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Bios version: F.61

Boot mode: Legacy

1. I tried different method of dsdt override but no one works for me, also used dsdt editor but still no luck...
2. I bought setup 1.3 by @Tech Inferno Fan, install it and run but after successful pci compaction, the GTX 750 TI from my device manager has been missing from the display adapter and there's one showing from in the system devices which is still in error 12....

Please, I'm almost at my limit and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Should I reformat my laptop into UEFI installation instead, appreciate any advise you may have....

New Edit: I tried to install a UEFI mode of Windows 10 but the problem still exist, and now I will try windows 7 but still can't fix this issue...

Please someone help me....

GTX750/650 requires a 256MB+32MB contiguous 256MB boundary aligned PCI memory allocation space. Unfortunately the 2570P's bios locked TOLUD will prevent those eGPUs from being able to be allocated along with the iGPU in 32-bit space.

Those require a DSDT override to work, which has been done successfully on a 2570P as explained on first page.

Other GTX6xx,7xx all require a lesser contiguous s 128MB+64MB so can be allocated in 32-bit space. 

Edited by sparrowsp

6 minutes ago, sparrowsp said:

GTX750/650 requires a 256MB+32MB contiguous 256MB boundary aligned PCI memory allocation space. Unfortunately the 2570P's bios locked TOLUD will prevent those eGPUs from being able to be allocated along with the iGPU in 32-bit space.

Those require a DSDT override to work, which has been done successfully on a 2570P as explained on first page.

Other GTX6xx,7xx all require a lesser contiguous s 128MB+64MB so can be allocated in 32-bit space. 

I think you need to buy  lesser contiguous s 128MB+64MB  graphic card such as gtx 660,670,680,690 or gtx 760,770,780,790..... and provide window 7 64 bit too...

Now Im using gtx 660 on my hp 2570p with exp gdc beast v8 ........ just plug and play ...... no need to Dsdt override ;)

Edited by sparrowsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sparrowsp said:

I think you need to buy  lesser contiguous s 128MB+64MB  graphic card such as gtx 660,670,680,690 or gtx 760,770,780,790..... and provide window 7 64 bit too...

Now Im using gtx 660 on my hp 2570p with exp gdc beast v8 ........ just plug and play ...... no need to Dsdt override ;)

Thank you, now I understand what's the issue.

Unfortunately, I bought this laptop and this new graphics card recently without knowing the compatibility.

I also purchase the setup 1.30 by @Tech Inferno Fan which I expect it will help but I think the only way is for dsdt override which is very hard.... :frantics:

Now I don't know what to do...:hyper:

On 11/10/2015 at 11:32 AM, hatoblue said:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to check how much PCI memory allocation space a GPU uses beforehand, like on its spec sheet somewhere? Or do we basically have to rely on what other people have tried before. I'm mostly considering the GTX 670 and 770 at this point, want to make sure they will be plug and play on my system.

ASUS Mini NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card (256 bits)   use 128MB+32MB of space ?

I now finally made a dsdt override and used my eGPU.

However, I just want to use a dsdt substitution but can't understand the step 4 and step 5, can you teach me?

4.Copy your resultant dsdt.aml to your Setup 1.30 disk image or USB key \config directory.
5.Boot Setup 1.30. Load your modified DSDT table into memory with 'pt MEM writefromfile 1 [address of DSDT table] dsdt.aml'. In my case this command was 'pt MEM writefromfile 1 0xC6FF3198 dsdt.aml'

Please somebody help me, my eGPU is now working after a long time trying to make dsdt override implementation.

But for some reason, my laptop hangs because of it specially playing online game like DOTA2.

I tried several option like change the power supply from 60w power adapter to an ATX power supply but still showing the same. Also tried to downgrade the link to Gen1 to gain reliable operation using Setup 1.30 even I'm using 3rd generation processor and EXP GDC v8.0 egpu adapter which can support PCIex16 3.0.... 

Do you have any idea guys?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 0:13 PM, phillofoc said:

@Grzegorz - I hope the 3612QM is working well for you.  I went with the other 35W quad core and am super happy with it!  I'm running the 7260 AC wifi card.  The 2.4ghz bugs are (finally) gone, so it's a good card.  Windows 10 is working well, I formatted and have a UEFI install.  I also have a dual boot setup so I can use the Grub2 bootloader and have Nando's power saving hacks enabled.  I threw in the Ericsson WWAN card which works well enough for $15 to have for traveling.

Everything works like a charm now. I was struggling with Win10 a lot by the moment they told me in HP to reinstall the system in GPT mode (not in legacy it was previously installed). Once done, all the problems disappeared. They told me they have several issues with HP users on Win10 when installed in legacy mode.

I just equipped my laptop with BDR drive and if only I had a lighted keyboard and IPS in it, it would be just perfect ;)

Hello, I just got a used 2570P, just what I needed currently and really cheap, so perfect on that side. Reading about eGPUs and removable disk drives, I was thinking, would it be possible to make something like the Y500 extra GPU, with a not so powerfull and easily cooled gpu, pass the cable through the inside and reach the other side to connect to the express card slot from te inside still? So that the end result is contained in the laptop itself? Maybe an MXM card?

As useless as this might be, being late, I found some fan that would fit on the heatsink, with just 4mm thickness, only problem they're plastic, with operational temperature -10°/+60° celsius, it-s not gonna work, is it? Although,the material for the housing is indicated as L.C.P +30% G.F., which by a quick Google search has a melting onset of 280°C, and heat deflection temperature of 271°C, and the material for the fan itself P.P.A. +30% G.F., with even higher temperatures, so it might work. Model numbers are DB3004 and DB1804, the first being better at airflow, the latter being better looking wise.

Edited by Roshindow

On 18/03/2016 at 10:39 AM, sparrowsp said:

Hi,

Do you use the Expresscard version?  If yes, what speed do you get on the PCI Express? X1 or X2?

I am using a EXP GDC V8 Expresscard version with a Radeon 6850 without DSDT or eGPU Setup 1.3 on a Thinkpad T430 but I cannot pass the X1 speed.

Thanks!

Can anyone help me setting up RAID 0 on GPT drive Windows 10?

RAID 0 on Win 10 only works on legacy mode and MBR drive.

I'm using it to connect a AMD GPU and recent nVidia GPU on my PE4C V3.0.

But everytime i'm setting the RAID 0 using IRST on Win 10, it always warn me that the SSD (with installed OS inside) will be erase.

That's why it always give error on Win 10.

Here's the steps on how I setup my Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2x on my 2570p:

1. Turn off the system.

2. Put SSD on the drive bay and hdd caddy.

3. Go to BIOS setting.

4. Set SATA to RAID. Set BIOS to EUFI only. Save and turn off system.

5. Put my FD boot OS installer. Turn on system and press F9 to choose the boot sequence.

6. Install the Win 10 at SSD thats on the primary drive bay because (from some reasons) it cannot install on SSD caddy bay.

7. On Win 10, update the OS. Restart.

8. Install 2570p Win 10 driver (especially the JMicron SD card reader). Restart.

9. Install the newest iGPU driver. Restart.

10. Install IRST software from HP website. Restart.

11. Load ke IRST and choose "Make". Select RAID 0, and next. And there's a warning that the setup will erase all data on all SSD that being used for RAID 0 config. When I choose to proceed in a couple second Windows show an error.

But when I'm AHCI + legacy mode BIOS, theres no such error. The warning is there but there no error when it finish configure my RAID 0.

Been asking aroung using Google but theres no satisfiying answers.

Some says because it's using RAID on software.

But one thing I know, setting up RAID (in any mode) that takes up outside OS only works on desktop.

Ive been using RAID 0 on my desktop and it take place after the BIOS, before the OS loading.

If u asking why I using RAID 0 on UEFI Win 10 because its such a hassle to use DSDT override if I wanna use recent nVidia GPU or AMD GPU.

And UEFI Win 10 support plug n play eGPU.

And last but not least, which sodimm DDR3 PC17000 that supported on 2570p?

The G.Skill Ripjaws $90 for 4GBx2 include shipment to Indonesia.

Is there any suggestion about this kind of RAM?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2016 at 5:49 PM, ipta_only said:

Can anyone help me setting up RAID 0 on GPT drive Windows 10?

I had no issues installing RAID0 on a fresh install.  I posted detailed instructions a while ago.

Try installing the latest RST from Intel.  If that doesn't work, make sure your caddy drive is formatted.  Then make sure Secure Boot is off.  If that doesn't work make sure both of your SSDs are formatted GPT, that could be causing your UEFI issues.

I'm running 2x8GB Ripjaws no issues. Any good DDR3 memory should work well.

The generic Intel drivers work very well on this laptop, I'm running the latest video, ethernet, and RST drivers from Intel.  Windows Update also has newer camera drivers than HP.

On 12.03.2016 at 3:13 PM, phillofoc said:

My plan tonight is to solder the WLAN USB lines to the BT so I can finally get rid of the crappy OEM BT chip.

Have you done it? I tryed to use the  bluetooth USB port but it didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I installed two hard disks into caddy box. One disk is the SSD an other the HDD.

Spoiler

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

I used the bluetooth USB for HDD. Thank you pillofoc. You were right about bluetooth USB. It is not in whitelist. System installed to SSD msata. I have installed two HDD 2 TB and one SSD. I'm traveling a lot and working very far on the North. That's why I need big volume of HDD to download a lot of films. And in a future I can change one HDD to SSD and and  set up RAID 0.

Hello,

I am a big fan of the eGPU idea and started a first try, back in 2011 with a HP Elitebook 2540p i7. It was fantasic to see, how a business notebook can get gaming performance only with a small circuit board and a midrange desktop GPU. (PE4H v2.4 with a Geforce 560ti EVGA). I had a lot of fun with this system. But I haven ‘t high competence in software or hardware things. Basic Knowledge I would say.

For about 3 Years now, I have a 2570p also with the option to use an eGPU. But a year ago I inadvertently updated my Bios. A big mistake I knew a view weeks later. It was not possible, to get in the eGPU modus again. I don’t change something at the system, except the Bios and some drivers (tried it later with the old drivers). There was no chance to get back the old Bios version. I put the system beside and do other things the last year.

But now, I want to use it again. So I tried a lot and read a lot and then, I think, I found the answer here. In the new Bios versions HP cut the functionality of the eGPU option, I would say it in my words (whitelist for WWan etc., witch blocks the expressCard entry for the eGPU).

I read, that the setup 1.3. from Nando can solve this problem.

My question: is it possible with this software, or misunderstood I something?

Otherwise, I see the only way to solve the problem, in changing the Bios chip to a Bios chip with Bios F.42 or F.44. Is this a right thought? (because there exists no whitelist).

If this question were asked before, I’m sry for asking again, but then I don’t found it, or don’t understand it.

System:

2570p

Prozessor: 3520M

BIOS: F.60

RAM: 16GB

With wwan card

eGPU

Adapter: PE4L ( PCIe Adapter V2.1 )

Card: Geforce 670 FTW+ 4GB EVGA

I thank you and hope it is possible to solve the problem and sry for my worse english. I am from Germany and use it not very often.

On 6/8/2016 at 2:29 AM, RADEKs Katze said:

Hello,

I am a big fan of the eGPU idea and started a first try, back in 2011 with a HP Elitebook 2540p i7. It was fantasic to see, how a business notebook can get gaming performance only with a small circuit board and a midrange desktop GPU. (PE4H v2.4 with a Geforce 560ti EVGA). I had a lot of fun with this system. But I haven ‘t high competence in software or hardware things. Basic Knowledge I would say.

etc etc etc

Did you get any further?

I managed to get the gpu detected and driver installed etc but and error 12 occured (not enough resources)

Im using 2570p with GTX750Ti linked by EC34 via PE4C v3

Windows 10

Ran nandos and couldnt seem to toggle certain functions perhaps because Im running legacy instead of UEFI

Let me know what you are up to

On 3/19/2016 at 10:48 PM, sparrowsp said:

sold gtx 750 buy  lesser contiguous s 128MB+64MB  graphic card  GTX670/680/760/770.. they use 128MB+32MB of space.

Im trying to use a GTX750TI on my HP 2570p. Is it not possible? Would you recommend selling for a 32bitish kinda card?

I had no idea I could be limited in this way before buying the card

Edited by nidhoggur

Hi nidhoggur,

No, I am waiting for an answer and I know that sometimes, it will take some time.

If I will get no answer, I will send the notebook to a firm, where they will change the Bios Chip, I wrote two days before, because it is not plug and play, you have to braze the chip.

I read a lot about the problems with the resources, but I was, till now, in the lucky position, that I had no resources problems with both, the 2540p and the 2570p. So I can’t help you with this problem, sry.

I had only two hardware problems, the first one, was a damaged HDMI cable, where I got a connection sometimes, but when, a very bad one and only in windows and only for about some minutes. Changing the cable solves the Problem.

Another problem was, putting the tow weeks old geforce gtx 670 wrong in the slot from the brand new adapter. Both were destroyed in one second. From there on I am very careful with mounting hardware and take time. I was under stress, but want to see the new performance and was careless…  was very expensive…

Both problems had nothing to do, with the hardware itself, it is clear, that I made something wrong.

But now, I have this problem with the Bios. That is not my fault J.

You want to now, what I would say, to sell your geforce gtx 750ti and buy another card:

I think, to find a problem, you have to test a lot. So the idea is, in parts, good, I think. I would buy a cheap mid or basic performance card from the geforce gtx 600 series and will test it, if the problem lies really at the 700 series card. I read, that you can get problems with newer cards, but I think, it was about the 900 series. But I don’t know exactly. Eventually it is possible to get an old card from a friend. The cheepest alternative.

I would not sell the 750ti to the point, you know the real problem, that is my opinion.

I hope you can solve the problem, I know, I can’t really help you .

On 08/06/2016 at 6:20 PM, nidhoggur said:

Error 12 question.

bump me or message me privately if you can help I think its simple now, hopefully.

hp 2570p, gtx750ti, pe4c v3 ec/34, nando 1.3. 

DSDT override process that you'll need to host your gtx750ti is at the following URL. If cant nut this out then consider getting a gtx660/670/760/770 all of which have a smaller pcie aperture that can fit within the 2570p's bios set TOLUD limit.

22 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

DSDT override process that you'll need to host your gtx750ti is at the following URL. If cant nut this out then consider getting a gtx660/670/760/770 all of which have a smaller pcie aperture that can fit within the 2570p's bios set TOLUD limit.

Thanks for getting back to me Nando. I had looked at an article stating that  gtx660/670/760/77's fit better but already have my device. Im also using windows 10 and considering dual booting windows 7

Will read this thread and see how we go. Might make a video :)

Edited by nidhoggur

• 2 weeks later...

Can someome please confirm if the 2570P defiantely has a SATA3 6GB hard drive interface please?

Do you also know if the 8460p and 8470p also have it?

Thanks in advance.

Nice thread on this PC- it was very helpful- Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

I was one of the first 2560p owners in the US.  I actually had the first post on a competing forum's owner's lounge, but conceded my "pole position" to Nando who had done a lot of work to put some great info out, even back in the summer of 2011.

I just finished upgrading my 2560p and wanted to post my some initial information regarding upgrading a 2560p chassis to 2570p guts.

First off, all you need is the 2570p motherboard and a new processor.  The part number I used to purchase a 2570p system board was: 685404-601.  I found one super cheap on eBay.

I then purchased an i7-3740QM (Thank you Nando for the excellent spreadsheet breaking down processors), some copper shims, and some new thermal paste.

The swap was simple- follow the service manual for a 2560/2570 to replace the system board and you will only have one slight problem- the base enclosure for the 2560p needs two small modifications to fit over the 2570p system board.  The rear USB ports, and the eSATA ports on the new board are slightly larger and thus do not fit the same cavity in the base enclosure.  I used a dremel with a cutoff wheel attachment to simply remove the metal tabs at the rear of the port (this is all inside the base enclosure while it is removed from the laptop) so the larger ports would not catch while reassembling the base enclosure.  I have attached a stock photo with red circles showing where you will run into this.

The system immediately booted with the upgraded system board and processor with no issues.  I had also installed 16gb of Vengeance, and the intel 7260ac card while I was in there.

Windows 10 took about 10 minutes to install on the 256ssd I'd put in this thing back in 2011. 

There were two devices in device manager with exclamation points- one was a PCI Base Device, which required the W8.1 Driver for the 2560p JMicron reader (sp64135).  The other was the finger print reader (sp66915).

More to follow- out of time for today...

2560pbasemods.jpg

Edited by XS850SG

I'm not finding any information in the thread or elsewhere regarding anybody trying an LVDS to eGP conversion adapter in order to fit an IPS 1080p screen. 

Has anybody thought of trying something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161745320023?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

In combination with one of the eDP displays?