Hey there! Got my CPU and wanted to enable OC via flashing new MF FW.

But now, even at creating a dump, i ran into a error  ..  i assume it's because i don't get the rights to access.

"WIN+left_arrow+right_arrow" during POST --> means, pressing all 3 at the same time, while the hp screen shows up, (where i can boot into F9, F10 and so on) right?

Update: If I press those 3 keys and hold them - press the power button, the NB won't boot. the lights go on and off immediately. 

Edited by sefki21

On 29.12.2015 at 3:37 PM, sefki21 said:

Hey there! Got my CPU and wanted to enable OC via flashing new MF FW.

But now, even at creating a dump, i ran into a error  ..  i assume it's because i don't get the rights to access.

"WIN+left_arrow+right_arrow" during POST --> means, pressing all 3 at the same time, while the hp screen shows up, (where i can boot into F9, F10 and so on) right?

Update: If I press those 3 keys and hold them - press the power button, the NB won't boot. the lights go on and off immediately. 

Tech Inferno Fan indicated it could be related to a new bios version. i'm currently on 60 and doesn't see a method to downgrade.

tried via WIN+B while pressing Power for 5sec, Windows-Flash Utility and via USB. No Luck. any ideas?

16 minutes ago, sefki21 said:

Tech Inferno Fan indicated it could be related to a new bios version. i'm currently on 60 and doesn't see a method to downgrade.

tried via WIN+B while pressing Power for 5sec, Windows-Flash Utility and via USB. No Luck. any ideas?

Can anybody confirm if F.50 bios or thereafter prevents ME FW updates.

1. Power off the NB

2. press the WIN | left arrow | right arrow button (all three together and hold them)
3. power on the NB
4. on the first message on the display release the buttons.

You see then an new message on the first line:
HDA_SDO. To lock SPI, do global reset or remove AC & DC then boot after updating SPI.

If can no longer do this then the only way to unlock the ME FW for read/write with these newer BIOS is to jumper the audio chip.

HP's F.50 BIOS notes indicate:

Due to security changes, after this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

Hi there :)

Just curious: has anyone actually managed to replace the LCD on the 2570p? The standard screen is atrocious with terrible viewing angles...I realise that there have been a couple of failed attempts with Lenovo IPS screens and the resolution limitation but any WVA screen upgrade would be welcome!

Also does anyone know what the standard screen make and model is?

Come on people... let me know :D

Edited by skummm

On 3/1/2016 at 1:35 AM, skummm said:

Hi there :)

Just curious: has anyone actually managed to replace the LCD on the 2570p? The standard screen is atrocious with terrible viewing angles...I realise that there have been a couple of failed attempts with Lenovo IPS screens and the resolution limitation but any WVA screen upgrade would be welcome!

Also does anyone know what the standard screen make and model is?

Come on people... let me know :D

Standard screen is a HP P/N 685504-001 which is a AUO B125XW02 V.0 or Samsung LTN125AT02

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/685504-001-B125XW02-V-0-or-LTN125AT02-12-5-Replacement-LCD-EliteBook-2570p-/231581689869

Can peruse what upgrade options you have at http://www.panelook.com/sizmodlist.php?st=E13&pl=&st=E13&by=asc&sizes[]=12.5&display_mode_lc_family=TN&signal_type_category=LVDS&display_mode_lc_family=

Be sure to match the depth of the LCD to ensure the bezel fits.

If the LVDS connector is on the other size then there are extender cables available to suit: http://www.nbkit.com/Wholesale-laptop-40pin-connetor-extension-cable-special-for-17.3-inch-LED-LCD-screen_c765.html

Would be a welcomed addition to this thread if a definitive LCD upgrade was achieved.

What about a macbook air 13 display? It looks like it has the same 40 pin connector as our HPs. If it works then fitting it into the lid would be easy with a bit of skills. Since there is absolutely no IPS alternative then one of the best TN displays might be the only solution.

1 hour ago, Kimi said:
1 hour ago, Kimi said:

What about a macbook air 13 display? It looks like it has the same 40 pin connector as our HPs. If it works then fitting it into the lid would be easy with a bit of skills. Since there is absolutely no IPS alternative then one of the best TN displays might be the only solution.

Good luck fitting a 13" LCD in a 12.5" chassis with the 2570P bezel providing a full view of the LCD.

The X220/X230 IPS screen was fitted by some 51nb.com (China) members to a 2570. Wasn't perfect but much improved viewing angles:

http://forum.51nb.com/thread-1643196-1-1.html

http://forum.51nb.com/thread-1488256-1-1.html

7 hours ago, Scrife said:

Dunno if the links are broken or I am just plain stupied, but I cannot open the cooling mods guide. Hyperlink takes me back to the original post.

Thread links are broken for the time being. The admin team is testing a fix for it. For the meantime either scour the threads for them or google search them.

• Founder
9 hours ago, Scrife said:

Dunno if the links are broken or I am just plain stupied, but I cannot open the cooling mods guide. Hyperlink takes me back to the original post.

As @Tech Inferno Fan mentioned, we're working on a fix (it's actually complete) and should be deploying it by either today or tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

INFO: WWANDOS - HP WWAN whitelist writing tool

Interesting WWAN whitelisting writing tool at HPFOCUS (CN). The google-translated page quoted below. It may interest a 2570P owner enough to subscribe, buy points, download and report their results  here? mudboy mentions it's successfully added a UN2420 to a 2760P, though warm boots may still flag the unwhitelisted device halt requiring a cold boot instead.

HP WWAN card whitelist add tools (hp wwan white list tool)

The tool consists of senior friends sharing site, works by the hardware on the laptop BIOS DMI information related to the reserved area needs to write, when to start testing hardware id notebook comply whitelist information, you can boot normally.

Whitelist added wwan card information, the machine without any side effects, the normal theory BIOS upgrade without losing the added whitelist (except programming brush machine).

Because aside restricted areas, supports only need to write a whitelist ID, if later replaced with a new card hardware, empathy and then write a new ID information to overwrite the original information.

Usage is as follows,

1, make a DOS boot disk (such as the launch of U disk method viewtopic.php? p = 7849 # p7849 )
2, extract attachments wwandos.exe program to start U root directory
3, U disk to start the computer under DOS
4, Syntax Reference

A: \> wwandos.exe /?
WwanDos Tool, Display or Set Wireless WAN BIOS Information

USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
DISTRIBUTION PROHIBITED! FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!
=== HPFOCUS ===

Usage: WwanDos [xxxxxxxx] [yyyyyyyy]
where xxxxxxxx = Primary PID / VID
and yyyyyyyy = Secondary PID / VID
Example:
Set a single PID / VID:
WwanDos 251D03F0

Set primary and secondary PID / VID
WwanDos 251D03F0 241D03F0

For example, write the un2420 NIC hardware ID, then the general is to execute WwanDos 251D03F0 command to be executed WwanDos 251D03F0 241D03F0 command.

Direct execution wwandos.exe, typically show 8 0, which indicates a reserved area whitelist information is not written. If you have written before, it returns the information has been written.

Also, this tool may not 100% perfect, for example, test un2420 wwan at 2760p on the NIC, if hot restart (from OS restart) still may have WWAN disabled cue, the job must power cycle (cold start). I guess the reason is not read bios hot restart whitelist information leading to a reserved area. This question and there is no substantial impact.
Also, this tool is not able and WLAN (wireless LAN) whitelist tool wlandos simultaneously. For example, after setting the wwan white list, if the original is set too wlan whitelist, it will be cleared. Even then set wlan whitelist back then, accordingly wwan also be cleared.
Also, this tool may support the implementation at 32 Windows Command Prompt, but did not test, start the operating recommendation under pure DOS environment.
Also, this tool does not necessarily support all HP models, if you perform the command prompt shown below, indicate that this tool does not support adding whitelist function.

A: \> wwandos.exe
WwanDos Tool, Display or Set Wireless WAN BIOS Information

USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
DISTRIBUTION PROHIBITED! FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY!
=== HPFOCUS ===

Error: could not read WWAN Identifier

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you very much for the screen info Tech Inferno Fan!

Very useful :)

Much appreciated!

Yes my installed screen is the AUO B125XW02 V.0 panel with truly dismal 45/45/15/35 viewing angles!

Panelook has no info on the Samsung variant viewing angles so no idea if this would be an improvement...

I will investigate more on the IPS front and report back :eagerness:

Update : after much internet scouring and looking at specs etc I have ordered a likely candidate.

Hopefully if the panel arrives undamaged *and* if it is actually the panel I ordered (:dispirited:) then i'll try fitting it and report back!

Update#2 : Sadly the supplier sent me the wrong screen which is 10mm too tall so no chance it will fit without major surgery..

However I found the correct screen on Ebay so that should fit with a bit of creative Dremel work :)

Hopefully the correct screen will arrive tomorrow...

Edited by skummm
More info

• 3 weeks later...
On 20.02.2015 at 8:19 AM, Tech Inferno Fan said:

New release Dell E6440 with 1920x1080P LCD best upgrade from 2570P

New release 14" Dell E6440 has a 1920x1080 eDP LCD option. One E6440 owner proudly having a FHD IPS LCD in his : http://forum.techinferno.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/6980-14-dell-latitude-e6440-owners-lounge-9.html#post123882

If can get a E6440 with an expresscard slot (or retrofit it) then it provides everything the 2570P can plus more (Haswell, mSATA, better screen, backlit keyboard, no WWAN whitelist, dGPU option, small footprint) making it the most logical step up from the 2570P. Warning though, once you start using a 1600x900 or better LCD it makes it difficult to go back to 1366x768.

Keeping in mind vendors are equipping only their top tier expensive workstation systems with those performance features we got as standard on a 2570P (RAID, socketted CPU, expresscard/TB ports), eg: HP ZBooks, Lenovo W540/W541, Dell M2800/M3800/M4800/M6800. The non-ultrabook models being 15" units or larger. The 14" Dell E6440 being noticeably smaller and can too become workstation class when user upgraded.

Dell e6440 is a decent machine, but is none replacement to 2570p - it is the whole 2 inches larger...

I used to have 2520p, 2530p, and have a 2540p now. I just love the series (although hate the keyboard they put in XX60p and xx70p). Now would like to upgrade to another 12" lap, unfortunately, both Dell and HP gave up equipping them with optical drives...

So, willing to have a 12~13" dockable laptop with an optical drive, it seems that 2570p is still the best one can get (and nothing newer on the way).
It's a pity, that msata doesn't work here... 

• 2 weeks later...

As for the CPU replacement.... What is easily available on the local market now is 3610qm for around 100$ (SR0MN), 3630qm (SR0UX) or 3632qm (SR0V0) for around 130$, then 37xxQM series for around 200$. I also found an offer for 3612qm for 65$.

Seems that 3610 is the best deal - any drawbacks, given half the price of higher 37xx/38xx series? In passmark checks difference is around 10-15%, definitely doesn't worthy paying 100% more. Anyhow, not sure how about multipliers in this case. And someone mentioned battery drain in 36xxQM, but no details...

As for cooling - summarizing the discussion so far, it seems that the only well tested solution is to add a copper shim. No alternatives to factory fan, though (?).

Edited by Grzegorz

i recently got a 2570p and came across this thread, i tried to do the flash but it doesn't work.

i get as far as typing in fpt.exe -d origbios.bin

and then it says "Error 1: Memory allocation error occurred"

can't backup or flash, anyone know what's up?

Edited by rancorx2

i managed to flash via the windows flasher.

however the greyed out slider for reference clock in the xtu has vanished.

does the overclocking on work on quad cores? mines a i5 3360m atm, but have a 3820qm on order (scored one for cheap on ebay)

I put 3612QM - best value for money. And it is 5 degrees colder than my factory i5 used to have...  :-)

EDIT

Seems that this topic died - what a pity :(

With i7 quadro, SSD and 16GB RAM this laptop is a monster, being it less than 500$ for everything for an almost-new set (laptop a second-hand one, but never used, SSD and RAM brand new, CPU second-hand with guarantee) :)

Anyhow, the keybord light is a joke. Theoretically, it is the same approach as in the former 25XXp models, but in 2530p and 2540p the integrated lamp, almost far from perfect, was allowing an effective work in a dark. In 2570pit is impossible - I just ordered an external usb light :(

As to retrofitting a keyboard from 820 G1 - I had no opportunity to check it myself, but having mailed some sellers on ebay, got an information that the keyboard is "physically totally different and has different connectors" (whatever it  means). So, no hope... 

EDIT2

Anyone installed Win10 on  2570p? Mine is rock stable on Win7, but Win10 gets frozen all the time.... HP just says it was not tested for Win10 so use Win7 or get off  :/

Edited by Grzegorz

• 2 weeks later...

Well, win10 is working like a charm, no problems at all.

I still visit this topic with the hope that someone found decent 1600x900 or even FHD IPS display for 2570p. :)

Yes, I know I'm dreaming, but this little techno-gem deserves better screen.

To be competely honest I don't remember what was the card when the notebook came.

I was experimenting with Hackintosh and I bought this card from ebay -  AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac.

It was listed as supported by Apple, and I also recently upgraded my home router.

Both windows 7 and 10 works great with this network card and thanks to the AC speeds I'm able to watch 1080 movies from my PC over wifi.

BUT, I didn't updated my BIOS on purpose - I'm not sure if this card is going to work with the latest BIOS.

I think there are no wifi blacklist with the current F.34 BIOS on my notebook.

So, just buy another network card and try.

Cheers

13 hours ago, todo1 said:

BUT, I didn't updated my BIOS on purpose - I'm not sure if this card is going to work with the latest BIOS.

I have the latest BIOS and the  Broadcom BCM94352HMB works perfect.

Guys, such a great resource, amazing technical advice about this laptop. I purchased a used 2570p and I love this little computer, however I hate the screen to the point I think it's screwing with my eyes now.

I got the laptop on ebay and all was good for a week, then the LCD broke - just gray lines, but the laptop was working.

So I bought a whole assembly with hinges and wifi cables and display cable, installed that but the screen was very bad on my eyes, I couldn't read or watch videos on it, just bothered my eyes and I couldn't tell what in particular. I gave up and bought yet another LCD on ebay, changed it again and for 1-2 days I thought it was good, but then it started bothering me again... All of them were original Samsung LCDs from 2570p/2560p. 

I'm hoping someone found a different LCD that hopefully is better/different cause I really like this laptop, but can't really use it :(

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted but I figured that I'd provide some answers to questions and updates to tinkering that I've been doing.

@Grzegorz - I hope the 3612QM is working well for you.  I went with the other 35W quad core and am super happy with it!  I'm running the 7260 AC wifi card.  The 2.4ghz bugs are (finally) gone, so it's a good card.  Windows 10 is working well, I formatted and have a UEFI install.  I also have a dual boot setup so I can use the Grub2 bootloader and have Nando's power saving hacks enabled.  I threw in the Ericsson WWAN card which works well enough for $15 to have for traveling.

I finally got around to checking if there's a whitelist on the bluetooth USB port.  To my (somewhat) surprise, there wasn't!  I hacked in a female USB port onto the extra BT module cable I bought and booted into Windows with a keyboard/mouse combo, SD reader, and wifi stick.  Warm and cold reboot worked too.  The power line is only 3.3V, so if someone wants to hook up a hub you'll need 5V from elsewhere else.  My plan tonight is to solder the WLAN USB lines to the BT so I can finally get rid of the crappy OEM BT chip.  I'll be using twisted ethernet wires for the connection.

If anyone's so inclined, a IPS LCD will fit in the stock bezel, albeit upside-down.  It'll take a lot of hacking and a thin LVDS extension cable, and you'll lose your webcam/microphone/nightlight module.  The webcam might fit in the bottom corner (like the new Dell XPS13) but that has yet to be seen.  If anyone is familiar with a short/fat webcam, let me know and I'll give it a go.  This project is in my future, but I have a business trip coming up and don't have time for this one just yet.  The first photo below is of an upside-down and flipped LP125WH2 (SL)(T2) from ebay (to show the LVDS clearance), and the second photo is what the LCD lid looks like currently with the bezel removed for reference

IMG_7777.thumb.JPG.5dc1ab6dda42b21f8c354IMG_7779.thumb.JPG.e55abe7238b6b3cffc5bd

I was able to get a 3-cell battery while on my travels.  Manufacture date of Dec2015, so HP is still making new batteries if anyone is looking.  Having a flush battery is awesome, but the ~2hr battery life is not.

Hi guys!,

Good day! I currently having an issue with my eGPU setup and I'm running out of idea how to fix it.

I tried different methods from this site how to dsdt override my system but still failed, I also bought the setup 1.3 by @Tech Inferno Fan but still not working for me...

My current system is:

HP 2570p 3rd gen i5 cpu

8GB memory RAM

eGPU GTX 750 TI 2GB DDR5

Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Bios version: F.61

Boot mode: Legacy

1. I tried different method of dsdt override but no one works for me, also used dsdt editor but still no luck...
2. I bought setup 1.3 by @Tech Inferno Fan, install it and run but after successful pci compaction, the GTX 750 TI from my device manager has been missing from the display adapter and there's one showing from in the system devices which is still in error 12....

Please, I'm almost at my limit and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Should I reformat my laptop into UEFI installation instead, appreciate any advise you may have....

New Edit: I tried to install a UEFI mode of Windows 10 but the problem still exist, and now I will try windows 7 but still can't fix this issue...

Please someone help me....

Edited by andhie133128