Alienware M18x R2 Right speaker lounder than the left speaker after flashing new BIOS

faziolim18x

Hi everyone!!

I have problems with my laptop speaker which the right speaker is louder than the left speaker after flashing AW BIOS A03 to A08.

The most easy way to solve it is to access into the playback device > speaker > search for "balance" and then re-balance it. But still the sound still very very awful.... Can't really stand it~

The other option is either to re-install the drivers? (Which I done before but still the same) flashing back BIOS??? (No Idea about it) I don't really understand.... Although there are numerous forum have posted this thread, I'm still very very confusing on how to actually solve the issue.

So, I really need someone to help me and guide me steps by steps regarding this issue please!! Really really appreciate if someone can really help me!! Thank you very much!!

Best Regards

SJ

• Founder

I don't think there is an actual solution for it aside from re-balancing in the soundblaster panel for your M18x-R2. This problem even exists in the M18x-R1 so going from A08 to A03 (which isn't advisable since it may brick your system and you'd need to do a blind flash). Maybe others with an M18x-R2 will have suggestions for you.

I don't think there is an actual solution for it aside from re-balancing in the soundblaster panel for your M18x-R2. This problem even exists in the M18x-R1 so going from A08 to A03 (which isn't advisable since it may brick your system and you'd need to do a blind flash). Maybe others with an M18x-R2 will have suggestions for you.

So... I have no choice to wait for tune up to be available??? What about the Alienware Customer Support? Did they give any reason or solving for the speakers problem??

• Founder

I don't think Alienware support has a solution for this apart from replacing your speakers and/or motherboard to see if it corrects the error. If that's a route you want to go down, you'd need to call AW technical support.

Does the problem also happen if you try to plug in some external speakers? Or just the built in speakers?

Hmmm... I haven't try out plugging in external speakers but I do try out by headphone. It works totally great with the headset... the sound are balanced. Anyway, do lots of m18x owner's experience the same problem that I did??? If I'm not wrong during the BIOS A07 Version lots of the owner's experience difficulties on their sound card disappear?? Then soon later Alienware did release a new BIOS which is A08 to an-counter the problem?? Correct me please if I'm wrong about it... Thanks!!!

SJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a known issue with the drivers. Uninstall the driver package that came with the card, reboot your system and wait for it to download the one it finds on Windows update. As long as you don't care about the management software for the card, I would leave it that way -- believe me it's much less of a headache.