Alienware M18x Rumors & Discussion Thread

Brian

Those are the same pics from the link vikingrinn posted to NBR last week. The difference was over there they were in the 14x thread that got closed.

And it looks like the article linked to the site in Italian was from January plus other info that's been floating around for quite a while. Unfortunately, this doesn't look like the goods or anything new. :(

Edited by JCrichton

Hello fellas. WaR from NBR here.. Signed up exclusively for HWiNFO32, and the rumors threads that apparently are not rolling well with the bosses at NBR. A shame really. Back in the day you could discuss anything you wanted on those forums.

Nice site guys.

• Founder
Hello fellas. WaR from NBR here.. Signed up exclusively for HWiNFO32, and the rumors threads that apparently are not rolling well with the bosses at NBR. A shame really. Back in the day you could discuss anything you wanted on those forums.

Nice site guys.

Welcome War! Glad to see you here!

Thanks bro. I just started my long road to reading most of the threads here. The freedom is very much appreciated. Looking forward to making this one of my most visited sites. :Banane13:

• Thumbs Up 1

lol :P

now, if only we could squeeze some more info re: the M18x launch timeframe along with some additional specs - need to see if its truly something worthwhile (personally) atm to holdout for... ;)

viking- +1 Thanks for the link to TI. I'm glad we now have a safe place to discuss the M18x.

Edited by rawhide85
Text

Nice site guys.

Someone must have felt some pressure from the new kids, they opened a dedicated speculation thread. Will still be dead in a week cause of flaming or off topic.

Nice to think our presence is felt.

Yeah man, I just noticed that too. Hopefully it stays open. The more places to talk about Alienware freely, the better.

They did mention something that somehow I completely missed. The picture with the 2 computers must be comprised of the M14x and M18x. I thought it was an M17x at first but it doesn't have the trapezoid on the bottom.

I'm liking that stealth look a lot.

• Founder

Notice all the warnings and finger pointing? And they constantly shit on their users by blaming them for bickering yet the M14x rumor thread had none of that. They just aren't owning up to the fact that they have other motives and now are feeling the pressure. Hopefully people don't fall for their bullshit yet again.

Aikimox, thank you for posting the link for the M18x awesomeness! Imagine guys i stayed on that site and was quiet from there i would of been banned anyway lol. Sometimes i feel like making a profile just to say FU Charles P Jefferies you a hole!!! Burn lolz. They been crapping on themselves for the past six months and saying its a car wreck it's worse and will be getting worse if they don't let the pressure up and i have the picture of the M14x from the thread. All they been is closing down the m18x threads down and the m17x R3 threads down and look here when we actually have freedom and not some stupid parents looking down at our backs and trying to schoal us for every little thing we really been great to each other while criticizing the R3 and R2 and etc.. I wanna see this forum get really awesome in the next coming years and do the mods and everything for the newest machines i am sometimes even amazed that they even allow the posts of hardware mods and bios mods. One day they might even not allow the speaking of overclocking the way it is going and also the way things are going they probably get their server knocked out or something the H word! lol. People should all rise up and complain about them and not take for the sake of their profile being banned!! I am tired of them all those freaking nazis! The M18x better have an awesome IPS RGBLED 120HZ screen!!!

Aikimox, thank you for posting the link for the M18x awesomeness! Imagine guys i stayed on that site and was quiet from there i would of been banned anyway lol. Sometimes i feel like making a profile just to say FU Charles P Jefferies you a hole!!! Burn lolz. They been crapping on themselves for the past six months and saying its a car wreck it's worse and will be getting worse if they don't let the pressure up and i have the picture of the M14x from the thread. All they been is closing down the m18x threads down and the m17x R3 threads down and look here when we actually have freedom and not some stupid parents looking down at our backs and trying to schoal us for every little thing we really been great to each other while criticizing the R3 and R2 and etc.. I wanna see this forum get really awesome in the next coming years and do the mods and everything for the newest machines i am sometimes even amazed that they even allow the posts of hardware mods and bios mods. One day they might even not allow the speaking of overclocking the way it is going and also the way things are going they probably get their server knocked out or something the H word! lol. People should all rise up and complain about them and not take for the sake of their profile being banned!! I am tired of them all those freaking nazis! The M18x better have an awesome IPS RGBLED 120HZ screen!!!
Dude. Ya gotta break up your thoughts into more than one long, unreadable run-on sentence. Line breaks are your friend. :)

:47_002:

I am still hoping and expecting the M18X to be launched in the march/april timeframe.

And I hope/expect the SSDs that will be offered with this unit will be the new Sammies 470 series instead of the old ones.

And I'd be willing to dump the 16:10 display for the 16:9 one if I can get more than 5 hours of battery life with an integrated graphic card...

I'd be more than willing to sacrifice the RGBled for the Wled if I can setup 3 HDD (SSD) in RAID 5...

I wouldn't mind having only a white Alienhead logo on the top if I can get USB 3.0 all across the board...

Ditto for the aluminium if I can get SATA3 including the ESATA port...

Also Santa, I want a real subwoofer, keep my number pad, give me a bios that loads in less than 5 seconds, keep the great lightning keyboard, discard the dowdy VGA and the proprietary display ports...

Don't throw away the Xpress card slot like you did with the R3; I need it for my NTSC card...

Can U please build this unit for me ?

:matrix:

Thanks to everyone who tried to save our soul from nbr...

:32_002:

I am still hoping and expecting the M18X to be launched in the march/april timeframe.
I really hope this is the case. :)

Once my refund processes for my busted R2 it's just going to be a waiting game for the M18x.

• Founder

And I hope/expect the SSDs that will be offered with this unit will be the new Sammies 470 series instead of the old ones.

And I'd be willing to dump the 16:10 display for the 16:9 one if I can get more than 5 hours of battery life with an integrated graphic card...

I'd be more than willing to sacrifice the RGBled for the Wled if I can setup 3 HDD (SSD) in RAID 5...

I wouldn't mind having only a white Alienhead logo on the top if I can get USB 3.0 all across the board...

Also Santa, I want a real subwoofer, keep my number pad, give me a bios that loads in less than 5 seconds, keep the great lightning keyboard, discard the dowdy VGA and the proprietary display ports...

Don't throw away the Xpress card slot like you did with the R3; I need it for my NTSC card...

Welcome buddy! +1 to all your requests!

• Founder

You will probably get most of your wish sans the 3 hard drives. But IMO we shouldn't have to sacrifice things like the RGB LED or even the multicolored alien head. I notice the missing color variation on the R3 alien head and it just looks...cheap. In fact since I received the R3, it's received minimal use because the R2 is my workhorse. However, I plan to put more time into the R3 starting today because I have to get ready to do a thorough review on it for T|I's main site. Welcome to the forum!

The way I see it, we won't have RGB LED in the M18X. 18" niche is too small for Dell to be investing big money into exclusive deals with screen manufacturers. They will most likely stick to the existing screens and there are no decent panels in the 18.4" range AFAIK. WLED with good brightness is our best bet. I really wish Dell went for a 17" screen with the flagship, so we could at least get the option of a third party upgrade, more and more decent 1080p panels are emerging (including IPS).

But let's hope I'm deeply wrong here ;)

• Founder

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'd buy an M18x apart for the purpose of doing a review for T|I. I've been wanting a light gaming notebook and the R3 seems to fit that bill nicely. It's not built as well as the R2 and lacks the RGB LED but apart from that, it's a very nice notebook that's well rounded.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'd buy an M18x apart for the purpose of doing a review for T|I. I've been wanting a light gaming notebook and the R3 seems to fit that bill nicely. It's not built as well as the R2 and lacks the RGB LED but apart from that, it's a very nice notebook that's well rounded.
I'd be totally cool with a M17x-R2 that has Sandy Bridge guts, a 120 mhz screen and the new hotness in mobile video cards.

TBH I dont give a crap what screen is on it - my dell u2711 does all my gaming much better. I have lanned with my lappy using the inbuilt screen and it was just too small.

We will see what they come up with though.

-Ash

TBH I dont give a crap what screen is on it - my dell u2711 does all my gaming much better. I have lanned with my lappy using the inbuilt screen and it was just too small.
A good screen is still a big deal on a high-end laptop for most people. When I'm home I plug mine into the 50" plasma screen and rock that but. But who really buys a laptop to just keep it at home 100% of the time?