Alienware M18x Rumors & Discussion Thread

Brian

• Founder

Nothing official from Dell. Even that posterous guy has been quiet after he announced that Dell was coming after him. So either the M18x rumor is true or we're screwed and will have nothing else to look forward to. I'm at a point now where I'm almost certain to sell one of my M17x's so I can use the cash to grab an HP Envy 3D 17" with sandy bridge.

That smells like NBR to me also wow damn man they are becoming way way too much now thank god for a site like yours Brian. NBR only good for the selling and buying part only now IMO. But it still gives you voice for issues you have for your machine that's the thing. Anyway Eric damn man i would so defy dell in everyway he isn't doing anything wrong with announcing things he could make a twitter page, facebook page, lots of ways to spread the message of newer machines coming out or updated refreshes than just one blog. He isn't doing anything wrong and i really really hope dell doesn't screw us over. I want an R3 so gonna get one of those soon it's right up at my budget i just wish they basically offered RGBLED though. The dude selling the R3 been trying to contact him via ebay no answer yet. I hope the M18x if ever comes out has a bloody IPS RGBLED screen. The G74 is becoming a joke also, The R2 is so so easy to work on compared to opening up a G73JH etc.. series.

Nothing official from Dell. Even that posterous guy has been quiet after he announced that Dell was coming after him. So either the M18x rumor is true or we're screwed and will have nothing else to look forward to.

All large company's restrict information, people in the know are usually under non disclosure agreement's and can loose their job's if they leak info

I'm at a point now where I'm almost certain to sell one of my M17x's so I can use the cash to grab an HP Envy 3D 17" with sandy bridge.

Your jumping ship Brian , thats a surprise ,

Whats not a suprise is you are selling another M17x :rolleyes:

• Founder
All large company's restrict information, people in the know are usually under non disclosure agreement's and can loose their job's if they leak info

Your jumping ship Brian , thats a surprise ,

Whats not a suprise is you are selling another M17x :rolleyes:

Well technically I won't be jumping ship since I'll still have one R2 left. :)

• Founder
Is this enough to feed your M18x rumors guys? ;) Actual screenshot with the link to go with it:

m18x.th.png

Documentation

Haha that seems like a typo more than anything else since it points to the M17x documentation. Though that does give us some hope and that's better than none. I just hope the M18x isn't an R3 with dual cards and it's truly a unique system in a class of its own.

Haha that seems like a typo more than anything else since it points to the M17x documentation. Though that does give us some hope and that's better than none. I just hope the M18x isn't an R3 with dual cards and it's truly a unique system in a class of its own.

First of all, hello! I kept finding links all over the place that brought me here, and it seems like some sort of exodus from NBR (at this early stage it's like a compilation of all the best threads).

The M17x-R3 seems like a big M11x (and that comment about directly competing with the G73 makes a lot of sense, which means Dell is holding back just to keep it cheap). I liked the older style of the M15x/M17x-R1/R2.

I hope my XPS M1730 dies when there's a good AW revision around. :Banane06:

Edited by Sirhcz0r

• Founder

Welcome to T|I sirhcz0r! Well an exodus from NBR would mean more freedom to post how they like for those that are fortunate to find the appropriate link so feel free to add techinferno.com to your signature over there :) I remember seeing a post on that Chinese website that leaked the original R3 photos by some supposed Dell rep that said the M18x was confirmed and that it was a dual card aluminum system. If that is the case, then Dell will have redeemed the AW brand in my eyes, especially if its coupled with a 330W PSU and a quality display. I don't think Dell will let down their core audience. As you said, the M17x-R3 is to satiate the appetites of those that want an alternative to Asus with better quality and options. Between the G73 and R3, the R3 wins everytime.

I don't think Dell will let down their core audience. As you said, the M17x-R3 is to satiate the appetites of those that want an alternative to Asus with better quality and options. Between the G73 and R3, the R3 wins everytime.

this. +1 :D

• Founder

Ouch! Thats 5 months from now! But yeah, I figure once it comes out the sales of R3 will drop substantially so it makes sense for Dell to milk the R3 as much as possible before releasing the beast

Everyone should be flocking over here since nbr closed another m18x thread. I just dont get BB and cpj? Dont they realize if they keep killing conversations, ppl will leave? No one was arguing, so I don't see a point in closing it.

Edited by GetFound

Yeah no kidding, I provided proof on that thread by Dell posting the model number and it still got closed. I personally don't think it's anything to do with BB he's usually pretty cool CPJ on the other hand is gonna be the "big headed, power trip" downfall of nbr.

• Founder
Everyone should be flocking over here since nbr closed another m18x thread. I just dont get BB and cpj? Dont they realize if they keep killing conversations, ppl will leave? No one was arguing, so I don't see a point in closing it.
Yeah no kidding, I provided proof on that thread by Dell posting the model number and it still got closed. I personally don't think it's anything to do with BB he's usually pretty cool CPJ on the other hand is gonna be the "big headed, power trip" downfall of nbr.

This is what pushed us to start T|I, it's just ain't fun anymore.

It feels like Stalin's Russia where you gotta be careful what you say before they shoot you down :D

• Founder

I have a feeling that for the M18x they gonna use the same rubber material like the R3, so far they have M11x, M17x R3, (from photos the M14x looks the same), so why not the M18x...

and 'speculation' as to whether or not the subsequent thread on the M14x would survive over at nbr was just 'officially' validated - thread closed.

i take it as a clear indication that sometimes speculative conversation based on historical evidence and tangible facts proves to be reasonable and rationale afterall... ;)

with that said, it seems anyone with continued interest in 'speculating' about the M14x are free to do so here:

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/196-alienware-m14x.html

Edited by vikingrinn
  • Thumbs Up 1