Flash modified BIOS/UEFI which are digitally signed (circumvent secure flash)

svl7

• 5 weeks later...

hey.

is there any way to get pass this?

my motherboard is asrock q1900m

I get this when running prr2.exe on bootable usb fat32

protected range on 0,1,2,3,4: 0x1fff000 -0x1ffffff

flash protection could not be removed

by FlashCheck by svl7

Hello.

As I saw in the first message, this method is only for 77 series chipsets. I have V3-371 laptop with Broadwell and 97 series of chipset. Can this method be used for flashing modified BIOS to my laptop?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would ask to Svl7 if there are possibilities to bypass the Error 280 as I found only a way using the Sleep Bug (every credits go to "Vodek" as during my

experiment He does the result file after the Sleeping Laptop and voilà I saw the BUG and the Trick !

It works on Insyde and Intel CPU, not for all Bioses (may be then It is been corrected), but a lot of times is good !

Many thanks for all efforts and tools !

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

prr, the original isn't stable, what improvements are there with prr2, it is more compatible with a wider variety of chipsets?

Also, if I am working on a board that uses an AMD chipset, this won't work with AMD at all, correct, why is that? Are UEFI's exclusive to Intel, since Intel created it in response to Microsoft's requirement?

I would ask to Svl7 if there are possibilities to bypass the Error 280 as I found only a way using the Sleep Bug (every credits go to "Vodek" as during my

experiment He does the result file after the Sleeping Laptop and voilà I saw the BUG and the Trick !

It works on Insyde and Intel CPU, not for all Bioses (may be then It is been corrected), but a lot of times is good !

Many thanks for all efforts and tools !

Regards

Interesting. I may have to try that on a Haswell Alienware with Secure Flash cancer since the prr2 tool doesn't work due to write-protected ranges. Would be sweet if using sleep and waking somehow temporarily defeats the write protection long enough to flash an unsigned BIOS.bin with all menus exposed.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad that a talented hacker (or a thief with access to InsydeH20 tools) hasn't found a way to remove the Secure Flash protection permanently. Would be so nice to see an end brought to the use of NVRAM trash, too.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Klem said:

Thanks so fare. But how this rules are connected to the files in the first post of this thread. I thought, that downloads are only accessible after some time. But I didn´t found something like that. 

So how to download: https://www.techinferno.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3583 and the other files? I get the message:

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

• Bios Modder

Right now I checked your link, it's works. Also, I checked all links to the files in the first post of this thread, all links works.

If you can't download, then read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Klem said:

Right now I checked your link, it's works. Also, I checked all links to the files in the first post of this thread, all links works.

If you can't download, then read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Great news!! Thanks for testing!!

So then I have to wait to be a "pro user" and then I get "full privileges to download anything you like". Sorry, first time I read over the point with download...