• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure that the Nvidia GT540M on my M11Xr3 has died completely as it crashes the OS as soon as the driver tries to load, and it's definitely not due to an OS or driver issue.

Does anyone know if this unlocked bios for the M11Xr3 will allow me to specifically disable the discrete Nvidia graphics card, and just leave the cpu's on-die gpu enabled instead?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This sounds cool. I have upgraded my m11x to 16GB 1600 ram and an SSD and that has breathed a new life into it. Hoping the unlocked options will help it become better. Does anyone know if its capable of 1600 ram?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I built an egpu for my m11x r3 and the system doesn't want to boot straight from the egpu, I have to start with the wifi card plugged in then swap the hardware in sleep mode,

This is becoming tiresome, does this version of the bios remove the wifi card detection on startup?

Edited by bouddha
typo

just installed it and I must admit that I am a bit lost, so many new options and so few explanations. any kind of tutorial or description is welcome.

also, I set my RAM to 1600Mhz but it doesn't seem to do anything?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this bios compatible with all M11x-r3 models? Cpu doesn't matter?Is it guarantee tha works perfect and will not brick my laptop? Also what more than the stock one is offering?The stock one has overclocking cpu option from bios BLCsomething I thing.... Has the moded more options? 

If the unlocked bios file was made for r3 laptop with i7 cpu , I have more chances not to brick my laptop...If was made for i5 cpu ect I have better chances to damage my laptop....That's why I am asking...I also want to know what extras and hidden menus does this extra bios has to decide if worth the risk ... 

That sounds good and gives me hope.I can see that you have win10 pro on it am I right?How it works with windows 10?Everything works ok?Where do you find drivers for windows 10?Have you test it with a game to see if run smoothly ?

On 1/4/2017 at 7:31 PM, Zoldago said:

Sorry, i thought i had a list or all files in a folder but i did'nt.

I think i used Windows 8 drivers if available, otherwise i used Windows 7 drivers.

I use windows 8.1 pro 64bit but officially dell doesn't give all of them so I use some windows 7 drivers either like chipset and then update them.....That's why I am asking about windows 10... If you have done something like that or if you have found them somewhere .

Anyway thank you very much for the answers. 

I use windows 8.1 pro 64bit but officially dell doesn't give all of them so I use some windows 7 drivers either like chipset and then update them.....That's why I am asking about windows 10... If you have done something like that or if you have found them somewhere .

Anyway thank you very much for the answers. 

In my experience I had used a combination of drivers for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 when installing Windows 10 on my M11x R3. There may have been a couple of things where I just grabbed the drivers from the hardware manufacturers website as opposed to Dell. Windows 10 is also pretty good about grabbing drivers automatically through Windows Update.