Genral Overlock Question

IrealiTY

Hello,

I'm pretty new to overlocking and have some general questions:

First of all "How do I overlock" my M14x R2? I have a i5 CPU and a GT650M.

For the graphics card it's pretty easy using MSI afterburner or the NVidia Control Panel (with the installed Performance addon) but for the CPU I don't really get the BIOS Settings. I've seen on old Alienwares there was an "OverClock" feature which could be only on or off - with no further settings - but on my (A09 - for windows 8) BIOS to me it only seems that I can change some BUS Hz and memory clocks but not "straight forward" the CPU speed.

Before some may say "don't do it then" - I just want to slightly improve the game performance for some games like Dark Souls where I get huge frame drops too 10fps...

If you are able to OC your CPU just access these bios settings - Over clocking - Select clock mode, change from auto to unlinked and two new options should appear

FSB is the speed of cpu bus and íncreasing this increases the clock, only increase a tiny bit at a time to see if it runs stable.

If you are able to OC your CPU just access these bios settings - Over clocking - Select clock mode, change from auto to unlinked and two new options should appear

FSB is the speed of cpu bus and íncreasing this increases the clock, only increase a tiny bit at a time to see if it runs stable.

He will be able to OC his CPU only if his CPU is the Extreme Edition as Intel will had the clock multiplier unlocked by default, for the non Extreme version, I'm not sure how you can unlock that multiplier, maybe he might want to flash the unlocked BIOS to see those options.