EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
andrewff2

Can We upgrade G73SW GPU?

well mine g73sw is the A1 version, with a 1920x1080 60hz screen

By the way, this isn't that powergear problem??? that the clocks dont go up?!?! the voltages not ticking up?!?!?

svl7 can you please make custom inf file for 680m as I am not sure i got all things right and maybe thats why my core clock cant go more then 150mhz. In meantime I will fresh install windows 7 64bit. I dont know which ones exactly need to be edited so I pladed them all.

inffiles314.22.zip

I think I installed video driver correct this time. But core is still locked at max 150mhz even it changes from 30mhz to 60 and maybe other speeds but no higher than 150mhz. Vram in other hand goes up to 1400mhz. I should recieve this 40 pin lvds cable today maybe.post-5713-14494994999567_thumb.gif

jmhdj

Did you use msi afterburner?? to test if the clocks go up?!?!

If i´m not wrong, these cards have different voltages to ramp up teh clocks isn´t it??

@jmhdj: I'll let you know when I got something new.

@IshouldGo: I contacted you a while ago per email (check the address you provided by PM).

@jmhdj: Sent you an email. On another note... what screen does your SW has? 120Hz or not? Is it LVDS or eDP?

Thanks man. Its 120hz eDP connector I think as it is 50 pin connector on screen side. It is 3d modell with 3D emitter built in. Thats why I ordered 40 pin non eDP cable. Havent recieved it jet tough. Shall check my email now :)

Also i found one thread where prema modded vbios from clevo machine that had 3D emitter and 3D screen to support 3D. You think it can be helpfull in my case? 6th post down in that thread: **Official Clevo P370EM / Sager NP9370 Owner's Lounge** - Page 39

3d screen... alright, I need a new approach in this case. You'll get one or more new files today if I can manage it.

I think Prema got 3d vision to work, but first of all we need a picture on the internal screen.

3d screen... alright, I need a new approach in this case. You'll get one or more new files today if I can manage it.

I think Prema got 3d vision to work, but first of all we need a picture on the internal screen.

Yes Thanks again man. I tested new vbios but its same only difference is voltage is higher its always above 1 volt it seems.

post-5713-14494995001339_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well I didn't have the information regarding the 3d screen when I made the changes, so I didn't expect it to work.

Anyway you got a new record, the slowest 680m on the planet :D

Ha ha gonna be first in something :). But it dont crash works just fine..

Btw I still cant flash vbios via dos and nvflash. Same error that never nvflash version is needed.

Ha ha gonna be first in something :). But it dont crash works just fine..

Btw I still cant flash vbios via dos and nvflash. Same error that never nvflash version is needed.

It might be possible to flash per nvflash with the version I'm gonna send you in a moment, it would be really weird if not.

Darn that file you sent me now is almost 150kb and vbios chip i have is only 128kb. I have to see if I have some other eeprom with more storage..

hi there guys....

Soo if i go and buy this CARD

With svl7 bios and a normal 1920x1080p 60hz lcd will work???

We are still testing. Still problems with clocking and i havent tested my other 60hz screen as i havent got screen cable jet..

I hope so :) as soon as we get clocking to work and picture on internal lcd 100 bucks is on way for some :Banane35: to svl7

Any updates on Ishouldgo progress??

I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the vbios. not sure where the emails are going...lol. (shakes head sighing) Currently mine freezes during windows bootup (windows little squares being formed on screen). i'm sending svl7 a different email by PM.

Man check your spam folder :). Somethimes I find there mails from people that i havent marked as spam.

Same place mine freezed to. So its probably same solution you need to.

Darn that file you sent me now is almost 150kb and vbios chip i have is only 128kb. I have to see if I have some other eeprom with more storage..

Right, you exchanged your original chip with a 128KB from PM. Hmm, I can shorten the file when I get home, but it won't be complete then, let's see how well it works, cause when I shorten the 680m vbios it doesn't work very well on my system. Then again, the G73 is very special anyways.

Did you destroy the original chip? I could sell you one. :P

Please do shorten file yes. I bought 5 already but post is going so slooooooow it feels. Yes I did destroyed vbios chip as it was wson type and they are hard to remove using solder iron :(

Wait a sec... there are 680m which come with WSON? That's bad news... Prema told me that his K5000m has this stupid package on it, but never seen it on a 680m, so far.

I'll send you a file in a few.

Mine come with that one. Maybe it is k5000 I have picture of board and can send you it if that matters for vbios. But arent k5000 and 680m actually same but with different vbios?

Why was that bad news?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By narbardarse
      ok, so, i have a serious problem atm.
      im trying to mod my bios so that i can go past the normal overclocking limit. however, everytime i try to do it, it always says "file size does not match existing bios size!", and it's really annoying, since i had to find everything myself, as no one else online tried this on my specific model, besides me. (which surprises me, really)
      this is the guide im following:
      So this is my detailed description how I managed to mod and overclock my GTX 960M in my Lenovo Y50-70. Please note: it is very dangerous to play with the BIOS, so you need to be very careful! I take NO RESPONSIBILITY for any damage or misuse of the information below! Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-------

Necessary tools:
      A. Fptw64 from Intel (9.5 or above)
      http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=75024
      B. PhoenixTool (2.50 or above)
      C. Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker (1.36)
      https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2562/maxwell-ii-bios-tweaker-v1-36/

-------------------------

How to flash Modded BIOS:
      0. Flash the latest (3.03 now) official BIOS
      1. From Windows, start 'cmd' as Administrator and read your your BIOS via Fptw64:
         Fptw64 -d BIOS.ROM -bios
      2. Reboot, enter your BIOS and check "Enable downgrading BIOS" feature (we need to downgrade first in order to flash the modded BIOS)
      3. From Windows, downgrade to 1.13 (this is necessary because the newer BIOSes have protection against mod-ding)
      4. After reboot & reflash, start Windows, then enter standby, wait a bit, then wake up the machine
      5. Create your modded BIOS, see separate list below
      6. Start 'cmd' as Administrator and write your _modded_ BIOS via Fptw64:
         Fptw64 -f BIOS_MODDED.ROM -bios

How to create modded BIOS (point 5 above):
      5.1 Start PhoenixTool.exe from Phoenix Tool 2.50 and open your previously saved original BIOS.ROM from point #1 above
       .2 The tool analyses it and shows some messages, click OK
       .3 Now you can find your vBIOS in the "DUMP" subfolder in the folder containing your BIOS.ROM, with the file name:
          BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597_1796.ROM
       .4 Create your modded vBIOS, see separate list below -> let's call it 960M_OC.MOD
       .5 Click on "Structure"
       .6 Open "EFI BIOS" tag
       .7 Open second "File Volume {7A9354D9-...}" tag
       .8 DXE Core -> Compressed Section -> Raw section -> File Volume {7A9354D9-...}
       .9 In the very long list, find the following tag (usually displayed at around 80% of the list):
          Freeform {BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597}
          This is the item containing the latest vBIOS
       .10 Open the tag, then "GUID defined section", then click on Raw section. "Internal number" (in the top right corner) should be 1796 for BIOS 3.03.
       .11 Click on "Replace" and select your modded vBIOS (called 960M_OC.MOD above)
       .12 Click exit "Exit" and say Yes to "Save changes?"
       .13 Close the Phoenix Tool; now you should have your BIOS.ROM updated (the original will be saved as BIOS.ROM.OLD for safety)

How to create modded vBIOS (point 5.4 above):
      Use Maxwell II BIOS Tweaker to change BE13645B-2C2C-44D2-A64F-0EA052C34597_1796.ROM;
      5.4.1 Open the ROM
         .2 Change "Boost Clock" on "Common" tab to the new boost-ed maximum value
         .3 On "Boost table" tab, use the slider in the right bottom corner to increase your max boost-ed value to the same number
         .4 On "Boost states" tab, at P00 profile, change the MAX values in the GPC, L2C and XBAR fields to the same max boost-ed value
         .5 Save your modified BIOS and rename it to 960M_OC.MOD

(My boost-ed max value was 1359 MHz. I could then use MSI Afterburner's software tuning -> my 960M could reach 1454 MHz without voltage increase.)
      i know that it's for a different laptop, but its basically the same
      ill provide more info when im home
    • By Zoarilamb
      I fiddled around with modding my laptops BIOS to unlock XMP profiles and hopefully seeing if optimus could be disabled. After flashing my modded bios and trying it out, I noticed that my keyboards backlight no longer turns on. I was unaware it requires an official BIOS to function. They backlights wont turn on unless ASUS ATK package is installed but now it seems it also needs an official BIOS?

The modded ROM and tool I used if anyone has any experience with this and doesn't mind telling me what to enable/disable, or anything else i can do to re-enable them 

• By mstfa
      i want an unlocked bios.
      laptop: ASUS ROG G751JL
      GPU: GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5
      stock bios rom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OiB61aGlFyfDYpN5e61Fo31x7OdyQg5H/view?usp=sharingGM204.rom
      i want it to be able to overclock it even more for gaming.
    • By dido
      Need help to modify BIOS of asus G75VW to use GTX 670MX...

hello everybody. I want to put my gtx670mx in my asus g75vw ... but at the boot i get black screen... But the graphic card work properly on g75vx...
      Please is there somebody who can help me to do the process ? or to do it for me ? mp me please.... Dido

• By rubendeus
      Hello!

I have a notebook Asus X550CC.
      Some weeks ago my screen went black with the brightness working though (black screen but one can see brightness changes) - I couldn't figure out the root of the problem, since it was sudden and it works with an external monitor.
      Now, I was trying to install an SSD with a caddy. I went to BIOS to change the boot order, but couldn't find my SSD - so, I accidently disabled launch CSM option hoping it would recognize it or something. After that I couldn't access BIOS anymore and I have a very slow startup with dxgkrnl.sys, wdfilter.sys and CAD.sys showing not loaded in the boot log.
      I tried to:
      Remove CMOS battery for 8h  Short JRST2001 and JRST2002  Access BIOS through windows 10 troubleshooting None of the above worked for me
      The laptop does not restart or shuts down correctly as it gets stuck somewhere and I have to press ON/OFF button again in order to shut it completly. The only display I can see in the external monitor, during start-up is the windows 10 loading screen (can't see the asus loading screen) and it takes more than 5 minutes to get me there (seems like a bootloop).

I hope someone may have the answer cause I'm running out of solutions 

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.