Can We upgrade G73SW GPU?

andrewff2

svl7 can you please make custom inf file for 680m as I am not sure i got all things right and maybe thats why my core clock cant go more then 150mhz. In meantime I will fresh install windows 7 64bit. I dont know which ones exactly need to be edited so I pladed them all.

inffiles314.22.zip

I think I installed video driver correct this time. But core is still locked at max 150mhz even it changes from 30mhz to 60 and maybe other speeds but no higher than 150mhz. Vram in other hand goes up to 1400mhz. I should recieve this 40 pin lvds cable today maybe.post-5713-14494994999567_thumb.gif

Thanks man. Its 120hz eDP connector I think as it is 50 pin connector on screen side. It is 3d modell with 3D emitter built in. Thats why I ordered 40 pin non eDP cable. Havent recieved it jet tough. Shall check my email now :)

Also i found one thread where prema modded vbios from clevo machine that had 3D emitter and 3D screen to support 3D. You think it can be helpfull in my case? 6th post down in that thread: **Official Clevo P370EM / Sager NP9370 Owner's Lounge** - Page 39

3d screen... alright, I need a new approach in this case. You'll get one or more new files today if I can manage it.

I think Prema got 3d vision to work, but first of all we need a picture on the internal screen.

3d screen... alright, I need a new approach in this case. You'll get one or more new files today if I can manage it.

I think Prema got 3d vision to work, but first of all we need a picture on the internal screen.

Yes Thanks again man. I tested new vbios but its same only difference is voltage is higher its always above 1 volt it seems.

post-5713-14494995001339_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well I didn't have the information regarding the 3d screen when I made the changes, so I didn't expect it to work.

Anyway you got a new record, the slowest 680m on the planet :D

Ha ha gonna be first in something :). But it dont crash works just fine..

Btw I still cant flash vbios via dos and nvflash. Same error that never nvflash version is needed.

It might be possible to flash per nvflash with the version I'm gonna send you in a moment, it would be really weird if not.

hi there guys....

Soo if i go and buy this CARD

With svl7 bios and a normal 1920x1080p 60hz lcd will work???

We are still testing. Still problems with clocking and i havent tested my other 60hz screen as i havent got screen cable jet..

I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the vbios. not sure where the emails are going...lol. (shakes head sighing) Currently mine freezes during windows bootup (windows little squares being formed on screen). i'm sending svl7 a different email by PM.

Darn that file you sent me now is almost 150kb and vbios chip i have is only 128kb. I have to see if I have some other eeprom with more storage..

Right, you exchanged your original chip with a 128KB from PM. Hmm, I can shorten the file when I get home, but it won't be complete then, let's see how well it works, cause when I shorten the 680m vbios it doesn't work very well on my system. Then again, the G73 is very special anyways.

Did you destroy the original chip? I could sell you one. :P

Wait a sec... there are 680m which come with WSON? That's bad news... Prema told me that his K5000m has this stupid package on it, but never seen it on a 680m, so far.

I'll send you a file in a few.

Mine come with that one. Maybe it is k5000 I have picture of board and can send you it if that matters for vbios. But arent k5000 and 680m actually same but with different vbios?

Why was that bad news?