Alienware M18x Photos: Avenger is here!

Brian

• Founder
Thanks for the pictures. I usually restrain from swearing but....this machine looks FUCKING incredible. WOW

For sure, I haven't been this excited about an alienware laptop in a long time.

• Founder
185px-Yes_Man.png

Great looks! Just stunning.

Now if only it had IPS or RGB LED... :59:

If Dell can deliver an 18.4" WLED with 90% gamut and 300 nit brightness, I'd take that over RGB LED. I hope so because in the promotional photos, they claim it's the best AW notebook display yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Except the RGB LED, I got the impression that their screens aren't that special. The thing they put on M11x is the worst one. Plus, matte option will still stay wishful thinking I guess. :)

Yeah the M11x display sucks. The R3 WLED however is pretty decent, I'm happy with it. So if they offer an even better WLED for M18x, I don't foresee many people complaining.

+1 brian, thanks for posting the collection up! ;)

looks like they decided to make alien head on the lid solid white like the remainder of the new lineup?

Yeah I wish they had stuck to configurable alien head colors. Don't know why they would remove that.

• Founder
Maybe they didn't? Maybe they were just using white in the pictures.

Possible but I think they took the R3 route and made it white. Could be for cost/weight reasons, but only Dell knows. Welcome to T|I btw.

Possible but I think they took the R3 route and made it white. Could be for cost/weight reasons, but only Dell knows. Welcome to T|I btw.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the welcome.

I like to ram picture with the CPU text, and cpu picture with ram text!

Avenger is an awesomely sexy beast!

I'd love to get me one of those and send it in for a powder coating. Too bad I fall into the "wife would divorce my ass" category if I purchased one with the specs I want (which is essentially my r3 but with 2920xm - Don't really NEED dual 6970!)

Green with envy over the possible OC of the XM!

Here's hoping TS can work some magic, but even just the unlocked multi will be amazing

• Thumbs Up 1

+1 brian, thanks for posting the collection up! ;)

looks like they decided to make alien head on the lid solid white like the remainder of the new lineup?

What they can't that's horrible

• Founder
Hey Brian,

Did they have the price posted when the configuration page was up?

thanks,

Yup it was approximately $2000 CAD starting. The US price should be around $100 cheaper if we go by past trends.

Sweet, I'm probably going through with this purchase. I was going to get the m17x but for some reason on the Canadian website they don't have the 6970 card in the configuration.

Go for it the Avenger's Bad A$$

Hey Brian did I read correctly as you help design the M17x-r2? sorry for the off topic but there are a many curious minds.

On topic

i am strongly inclining into canceling my order and order an avenger. I love the new keyboard.

• Founder
Hey Brian did I read correctly as you help design the M17x-r2? sorry for the off topic but there are a many curious minds.

On topic

i am strongly inclining into canceling my order and order an avenger. I love the new keyboard.

No man I was just joking around in the NBR thread, I thought it was obvious when I mentioned cowbell? lol.

• Thumbs Up 1