Overclocks or not? Brand new A08 Bios based M18X R2 with XM CPU?

ma®ximum

The BIG question is about ordering 3940XM with brand new M18X and and yet not being able to overclock it just because of limitations of A08 bios, plus its not flashable from stock A08 to unlocked A08 as of now and maybe for a long time, or even for good now...

Another thing came to my mind - Throttlestop

How much extra can I achieve using XM CPU and just Throttlestop while maintaining stock original A08 bios? or are the TDC/TDP and multipliers still locked due to BIOS restrictions...?

Anybody here has done it/tried it yet?

Interested to know!

Well the tdp is likely still the MSR lock like in M18xR1. So I am uncertain Throttle Stop or XTU can help. But they may have some play beyond stock settings while on stock bios.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

very interesting... I doubt there are anyone with XM chip and stock A08 bios around to try? I wonder where can XM chip be taken utilizing stock power settings and just playing with multipliers in throttlestop...

The stock amps are over 100+ so tje nottleneck would be the low stock watt limit of the R2

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2