G53JW bios unlock for cpu and gpu overclock/overvolt?

reiyu

Out of curiosity - can you access the Chipset and Advanced tabs normally?

As always, the disclaimer:

I claim no responsibility for any accident, damage, or brick caused by this, nor do I guarantee any technical assistance. Flash at your own risk. I am in no way affiliated to ASUS, nor is ASUS obligated to provide any support with these files. Proceed with caution! Your notebook's warranty will be compromised in the event of a repair!

G53JW.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

Bunch of CPU overclocking options if you have an XM cpu. Give it a try, you tell me what's new.

The Chipset tab contains the memory settings and isn't always able to be unlocked and I'm guessing you still won't see it after the flash, but who knows :jaded:.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the g53 with the gtx 460m and I was able to increase the voltage with msi afterburner out of the box, I loved that card when it was new. It's pretty OC friendly in the g53 because of the 2 fans.

Voltage control is bios locked so I can't touch it. Also mine doesn't like to go over 750 core before crashing.

Not really too concerned but would really like to overclock the CPU alittle on all streams as opposed to what turbo core does. It's just not that easy to do.

• 1 month later...
Voltage control is bios locked so I can't touch it. Also mine doesn't like to go over 750 core before crashing.

Not really too concerned but would really like to overclock the CPU alittle on all streams as opposed to what turbo core does. It's just not that easy to do.

Take your laptop apart and remove the blue pins from the connectors and force the fans to 100% then you can lock down the turbo mode at 3Ghz continuously and stay cool and stable at the same time...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
On 10/24/2012 at 6:00 PM, Xonar said:

G53JW.zip

is there a way you could re-upload this please thanks

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2012 at 4:00 AM, Xonar said:

G53JW.zip

is there a way you could re-upload this please thanks. Pleaseplease please!!!!!

• Bios Modder
10 minutes ago, aleksandrnovitsky said:

is there a way you could re-upload this please thanks. Pleaseplease please!!!!!

Hi!

Right now I checked this Xonar's link, it works. I think you need read "User Account Promotion Rules": https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/