Acer Aspire V3-571G (Nvidia GT630) BIOS mod request

paradox

Hi I recently aquired a Acer V3-571G laptop with a Nvidia GT 630 2Gb graphics card. Im experiencing some issues with the laptops Nvidia VGA:

1-When it hits 75C it throttles.

2-The fan speed reacts only to the cpu temperature. The VGA reaches 75C a lot faster then the CPU reaches the temperature at witch the fans start to work at 100%.

3-The voltage for this Nvidia VGA is very high although it is not a high end card. By default the voltage is 1.062v. (My desktop VGA GTX 470 uses 0.95v and is much more powerfull)

So I would like to make a request for a BIOS VGA mod if its possible.

Basically I want to make one of the following changes to the BIOS:

1-Increase the temperature limit at witch the Nvidia VGA starts to throttle.

2-Adjust the fan speed so that it would start to work 100% at an earlier time. (When the CPU hits 60C and not when it hits 70-72C)

3-Lower the operative voltage of the Nvidia VGA from 1.062 v. to 0.9v-0.95v.

Or all of the above if it can be done.

Original BIOS : BIOS_Acer_1.11_A_A.zipBIOS_Acer_1.11_A_A.zip

I would really appreciate some help on this problem. Thank you!

If no one can make such mods on your model or gpu etc then i suggest to get better temps disable the fan wire that controls temp regulation so that it runs full all the time. Maybe buy an extra fa if that one wears. But if it is possible for the above maybe @svl7 and @Xonar could help.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

No offence but I glad Im not the only one with this problem. How did you extract the vga BIOS from the .exe file from acer? I tryed some extract program but it didnt give me any .rom files.

also I tryed searching for a .reg mod for the fan speed and didnt find anything.MSI Afterburner doesent let you change the VGA voltage.

is the maybe any tutoryal on modding BIOS?

Interesting, the vbios is kepler style, even though it's a fermi card... voltage should be adjustable. Not sure whether the throttling can be solved though.

So you've found some time to look in to this? well the throttling will automatically solve itself once the voltage is lowered.

For the time being I found an alternative solution. Well maybe not a solution... I found a way to enable constant P0(full power) state of the card so that it's clock's wouldnt jump up and down according to load. After I enabled constant P0 state I used Nvidia inspector to downclock the performance state of the card.

I noticed that when the card goes into default P0 state it clock's are jumping according to its load. Also the voltage jumps accordingly to the jumping clock's.

Here's what I noticed:

-------------------------------

Core - 475 MHz

Mem - 900 MHz

Voltage - 0.932 v.

Core - from 475MHz to 660MHz

Mem - 900 MHz

Voltage - 0.962 v.

Core -from 662MHz to 790MHz

Mem - 900 MHz

Voltage - 1.062 v.

So when I manually enable constant P0 state I set the card to core 475MHz giving it a constant 0.932v. In this situation I also use Nvidia Inspectors Driver settings windows to set the fps limit to 30fps. Thus I never go above 65-69C(depends on the game).

The problem in this is that some games require more power than 475 MHz. Lowering the default card voltage through BIOS would deffinetly do the trick.

• 1 year later...

I found the solution !!

Just download RW Everything, go to Embedded Controller (EC icon), and change the value like in this picture.

I found this for my laptop (Acer Aspire V3-571G-32374G50Makk) and that work pretty well !!

I can now reach the 75° limit without any throttle, and keep my max GPU frequency (800MHz) !

/!\ It work for my laptop, but do it at your own risk ! /!\

1405970502-sans-titre.png

You must do that after every restart of the computer.

• 2 months later...

I can't believe it. This actually fixed it! I'm blown away. Unfortunately, now that my clock is hovering 700-800mhz my load temps get up to 90c, I've seen mixed reports as to how safe that is. Is there any way I can tune down to around 650mhz consistently? None of the over/underclocking that I do seems to stick or do anything. Thanks so much for this tip, I've never seen it posted anywhere before.

• 5 years later...