• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would appear that you have two ways to gain access to downloads on the website.  I am posting the exact "legaiize" that was sent in your welcome message.

• New user account promotion system that views your level of quality activity on these forums over a span of 1 week with a minimum of 5 QUALITY posts. 
  • Once you have sufficient activity over this week, your account is flagged for moderator review. At that time you will get promoted as long as you had quality posts and didn't violate forum rules (e.g. spam posts, one liners, file begging, complaining etc.). Apart from a few odd members that break the aforementioned rules, almost everyone is guaranteed a promotion.
  • If you do not wish to wait for this promotion queue, you can simply opt for T|I Elite Membership to skip ahead and get your account promoted as long as the membership lasts. 
  • Attempting to circumvent the aforementioned rules may result in an infraction and/or ban. Please review our terms of service.

Beyond that you could always go to a third party website, but remember, that you don't know what changes were made to the original file from here and therefore it is like Russian Roulette, there could be a bullet in that chamber or there might not.  So for me I am not going to risk going looking elsewhere and instead will have to become an active member through quality post as I don't want to put out the money just yet till I have seen more of what the site offers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also want to make sure my download is right.  Is there an MD5 or SHA1 checksum we can get for the zip file?  Thanks. I used the built in Windows way described here in post 389:

http://superuser.com/questions/245775/is-there-a-built-in-checksum-utility-on-windows-7

"

CertUtil is a pre-installed Windows utility, that can be used to generate hash checksums:

certUtil -hashfile pathToFileToCheck [HashAlgorithm]

HashAlgorithm choices: MD2 MD4 MD5 SHA1 SHA256 SHA384 SHA512

So for example, the following generates an MD5 checksum for the file C:\TEMP\MyDataFile.img:

CertUtil -hashfile C:\TEMP\MyDataFile.img MD5

Original solution by Laisvis Lingvevicius

"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, touchzen said:

it seems the bios is not downloadable anymore. Any one has backup? thanks.

I think ist because your account is not promoted yet and so you have no download permissions.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I get some help please I am new here and it will not let me  download the file and I need the unlocked bios for I can install a Nvidia GTX 880m in my alienware M17x R3 

SPECS

CPU- i7 2630QM (4 CPU 8 Threads)

RAM- 16 GB pny 1600mhz

GPU-  AMD ATI Radeon HD 6900 Series (gonna get a Nvidia GTX 880m 8GB)

HDD- crappy 750gb (gonna get 120 GB ssd later and a 2 TB 7200RPM hdd 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, luizconrado said:

Hi,

I am also not able to download the BIOS A12 Unlock for my Alienware M17x R3.

My account is now allowed. Can anyone help me? Send me that file? Or what should I do?

Thank you very much.

Hi! You can read the forum rules: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...