• Founder

post-5-14494993816333_thumb.png

post-5-14494993816158_thumb.jpg

This game has gotten pretty high reviews and deservedly so because I just finished it (high chaos, evil ending) and I loved every minute of playing it. I'm not the type to finish SP games either, I usually get bored and quit (e.g. Skyrim, Witcher 2 etc) but this game kept me intrigued the entire time which says a lot about it. The rune system worked really well and the relationship you build with the characters in the game determines how everything will play out. I hope they make a sequel to this because I think this game is up there with the Half Life series in how fun it is.

Some spoilers:

Bad & good ending of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jVCrFh7YVtw#t=143s

Screenshots I took with Xfire 7970M during the game and parts of the ending:

post-5-14494993815297_thumb.jpg

Discussion: Is Corvo Attano Emily's father?

My view is that he is not her father even though there's a lot of hearsay that suggests otherwise. I think that to Emily he is like a father but not her biological one, instead he is supremely loyal to her and her mother. There are rumors that he was sleeping with Emily's late mother (the Empress) but that could just be gossip or there may have been truth to it. IMO he likely didn't sleep with the Empress either, instead he was just super loyal and close to her.

Some things to note:

1. The admiral speculates in his journal whether Corvo really is Emily's father.

2. Pendelton before dying says, "we all know you were sleeping with the empress" or something to that effect.

3. Emily draws a photo of Corvo that is titled, "Daddy".

4. At the end, Emily buries Corvo in the same tombstone as her mother and the Outsider says you were more to her than just Royal Protector.

So you might argue that the above 3 are evidence enough that he's her father and I'd contend none of it is definitive proof. The first 2 are just speculation from gossipers, #3 could be because she's fatherless and Corvo has always been there for her as a father figure and #4 follows that line of reasoning because she always views Corvo as more than just Royal Protector.

The developers did a good job leaving Emily and Corvo's relationship ambiguous because then the player can make up his or her own mind about how they viewed Corvo and ultimately the Empress as--a protector and an Empress breaking social norms and having an affair or Corvo just being a loyal protector.

My biggest complaint with the Crossfire 7970M (12.8 WHQL driver) is that the UE3 streaming textures causes a lot of hitches. I heard this problem was mainly with AMD cards but I'll investigate further when my 680M SLI cards get here on Tuesday. I played the game with max settings in game with SSAO + enhanced AA enabled in the AMD control panel. Framerate was generally 60+ the entire time except for parts where the texture streaming took place (mainly during the beginning of a level) and it would cause hitching.

My overall rating for the game:

Fun factor: 10/10

Gameplay/Controls: 9/10

Replayability: 9/10 (multiple endings)

Graphics: 8.5/10

Sound/Music: 9/10

Reviews:

Metacritic overall: 91

IGN: 92

PC Gamer: 92

Gamespot: 90

Gamespy: 90

Edge Magazine: 90

Game Informer: 88

post-5-14494993782249_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993811291_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993811986_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993812639_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993813293_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993813944_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494993814615_thumb.jpg

Pretty awesome i plan to play this through soon. Thanks for posting the great pics. Ill be playing on the same gpus but the 12.9 beta 7900modded drivers and ill see how it runs for me on those drivers.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• Founder
I spent 5 minutes with the game and uninistalled it. I hated the play style, maybe I should give it a second look after such goo reviews.

The play style is why this game is getting rave reviews. But not everyone will enjoy it I guess.

The play style is why this game is getting rave reviews. But not everyone will enjoy it I guess.

Its very bloody and backstabbing lol is encouraged. If your into violent games its up your alley and the gameplay differs from the other games Bethesda puts out like Skyrim and Fallout.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've put 70 hours in this game. 5 playthroughs including a no kill and detection on the hardest difficulty for both the main game and Daud DLC's. I wish there were more stealth based games like this, guess I'll be waiting for the next Thief once it comes out!

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...