Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

everything is working fine, i just need more "deep" screenshot

that collection covers only main bookmarks, but i need to see what is on  "advanced" -> "video configuration" page

everything is working fine, i just need more "deep" screenshot

that collection covers only main bookmarks, but i need to see what is on  "advanced" -> "video configuration" page

I'm in the same boat Scrouge. Finally upgrading to 802.11ac on the home network, but can't use a perfectly serviceable laptop on it...

Also, it seems the 5 post rule is no longer in effect. Here is what it says in the stickey above.

• New user account promotion system that views your level of quality activity on these forums over a span of 1 week. 
  • Once you have sufficient activity over this week, your account is flagged for moderator review. At that time you either get promoted or don't. 

• Founder
34 minutes ago, cpzz said:

svl7; according to your opinion, should we increase our gpu voltages for better clock ? and in last days did you tested any voltages and clock in order to optimum performance ?

You can always increase voltage for better stability for overclocks but there's rapidly diminishing returns and you need adequate cooling. 

On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 2:47 PM, Brian said:

You can always increase voltage for better stability for overclocks but there's rapidly diminishing returns and you need adequate cooling. 

what ov do u suggest for me if I can maintain 1280 3000 just fine on stock voltage? but I'm gonna try 1400

• Founder
9 minutes ago, Lalkamw3 said:

what ov do u suggest for me if I can maintain 1280 3000 just fine on stock voltage? but I'm gonna try 1400

Keep bumping up the core by 10 MHz until you find it's no longer stable. At that point add one additional stepping of voltage until it stabilizes and then run a benchmark to check for stability + temperatures. Keep in mind though that the GPU temperature read out does not tell you anything about how hot the other GPU components are getting so it's best not to get too ambitious, especially with a thin notebook like the Lenovo.

On ‎24‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 1:37 AM, Brian said:

Keep bumping up the core by 10 MHz until you find it's no longer stable. At that point add one additional stepping of voltage until it stabilizes and then run a benchmark to check for stability + temperatures. Keep in mind though that the GPU temperature read out does not tell you anything about how hot the other GPU components are getting so it's best not to get too ambitious, especially with a thin notebook like the Lenovo.

Do you think it would be possible to match 670 or even 680/690m?

Hello again,

Im using svl7's v2.07 bios (40ww) and I knew this bios have 1.10 voltage. But there is my problem. Im checking my gpu sensors and sometimes it shows the gpu voltage 1.0870.
I wanna ask this to you. Is there a problem ?

1.jpg.e8982ea9704c434cac7c4145a3104e4c.j

Edited by cpzz

Please, help me!

I have a Lenovo Y580 laptop. I updated the BIOS by right of described here.
I have a backup about BIOS that I made with "fpt" program when my computer worked fine (it is about 4 Mb sized).
I tried to restore the original BIOS but it was a failure.
The laptop started with button Fn+B (the screen was dark), it beeped for 2 minutes than the fan rotated in maximum speed 2 hours long.
Than I shut down my laptop. After this I tried to switch on but it didn't start.
At the moment it doesn't respond to the Fn+B+POWER ON either. The fan doesn't rotate either, it doesn't show any sign of life.
How can I reload the old (original) BIOS?
I have the SPI EEPROM programmer, so if it needs to desolder and to program it's not a problem for me. I only need to know how I upload the BIOS file into the 2 qty (W25Q32 és W25Q16) EEPROM. I think of the partition of memory area. 

Thank's!

16 hours ago, Kistop said:

hey ,

how to download bios file?

I downloaded the BIOS from the official website of Lenovo to my laptop, after the modified BIOS didn't work.

I copied the QIWY3207.ROM file (6422528byte) to a 1Gb (FAT) pendrive. I uploaded this file from this pendrive that I plugged in the USB port of the right side of my laptop.

I made this upload with buttons Fn+B+POWER ON.

Im trying to flash  Lenovo Y580 / Y480 BIOS v2.07 (5DCN40WW) -> unlocked, whitelist removed, Nvidia 660m @ 1GHz default 3d clocks but it gives me this message "The version of rom file isn't newer than the version of bios".   What should i do?

Also if i flash the modified bios will i still be able to upgrade my i5 3210m to an i7 3610qm ? Will i have any problems?

Edited by zVag`