Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

This results in the laptop in question endlessly searching for the correct file. The laptop quickly reads the contents of the USB, and then cycles power to it moments later, only to repeat the process again. I know this because the light on the USB drive doesn't ever turn completely off unless power to it is lost. And it blinks when data is being written or read. The exact same thing has been happening when I've attempted other file names and extensions.

Still trying desperately to find the correct naming scheme for the 8.01 Bios file for use with the Insyde bios recovery method. I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt, that my Bios no longer POSTs. Lenovo is making this really difficult by not including the actual bios file anywhere, and refusing to give the correct file name through phone support. I've tried all the "QIWY3" and "QIWY" naming variants, but that doesn't really seem to be getting me anywhere, to be entirely honest. It is possible that the Y580s shipped with Windows 8 and the 8.01 bios use a different filename for this process?

QIWY3.bin is the proper name... seems like Lenovo didn't properly implement the recovery method or we're missing something... I guess you already tried different ports and key combos.

First of all I want to say thanks to all of u for your hard work.

I have a Y580 (the i5 version) with 2.07 Bios and Win 7, and i want to install the unlocked 2.07 version, but it's my first time flashing Bios on Y580 so I wanted to ask u some questions:

What are the best ways to backup the original Bios on my system?

Also I wanted to ask which options do I have to restore it if something goes wrong?

And lastly I want to ask are there any preparations I should make before flashing the unlocked Bios?

I'm sorry if this is all written is previous posts, I read more than 40 pages, but there mentioned different ways, so I just wanted to ask here to be sure.

Thank u really much.

Thanks you for your hard work., it's fast better when install new mSATA 30Gb.

i'm use on v8.01 and bug about Bluetooth doesn't work

some one can help me.

when roll back to 5dcn40ww official rom is error pop-up show about SMI .... 0x25

how to rollback or restore to insyde bios restore method.

Imgur is down, so i'm uploading everything to Google Plus, will upload to imgur once it's up.

Unfortunately, had little time to spare, so some photos (2 or 3) are blurred, but readable.

All submenus have been photographed. If i forgot some, or you want me to photo some parameters/tooltips, please ask me via PM.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105217396030396614926/albums/5905692458198249041

Update: Imgur link: http://yadr.imgur.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

So my bios is 5fcn30ww and i've tried using the bios update from the lenovo website and using and its trying to use insydeflash and when i try to update it i get a IHISI: get support mode error in SMI! SMI Return code: 0xef and ive also tried using the y580 - y480' unlocked bios v2.07 same problem so what can i do to get the bios update

hello guys

what are the settings ''Thermal constant TC1/TC2'' in the unlocked BIOS for?

what does it change?

the item specific help says ''Thermal constant TC1 for the ACPI Passive Cooling ( CPU Throttle On ) Formula''

something with fan, right?:D

just would like to tweak my system a little bit more.