Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

If you want to recover your original bios, then download it from lenovo page. After executing it will say that you already have never version, dont close the window. Start->Run and type %temp% then Temporary filder will appear and you should see some folder named like 7zS5330.tmp copy it to the Desktop, open file platform.ini and search for RESSEN and change it to RESSDIS. Then you will be able to flash back original bios.

About repairing your laptop you can try to reinstall OS via One Key Recovery...

If you want to recover your original bios, then download it from lenovo page. After executing it will say that you already have never version, dont close the window. Start->Run and type %temp% then Temporary filder will appear and you should see some folder named like 7zS5330.tmp copy it to the Desktop, open file platform.ini and search for RESSEN and change it to RESSDIS. Then you will be able to flash back original bios.

About repairing your laptop you can try to reinstall OS via One Key Recovery...

My laptop no boot when i push power screen not work only keybord lighting and cooler work, windows noto loading. I try recovery bio with this tutorial Edmar Hobby - Electronic: Lenovo Ideapad Y580 Insyde Bios Reset/Recovery but not working

Dear svl7, thank you for your great works on BIOS !

There is a link of 5DCN87WW(v8.01) BIOS file seem like from Lenovo official : Y480_Y580_5DCN87WW(V0.90).rar_

So could u pls modify the full BIOS [EC+ROM] for Lenovo Y480/580 immediate updated from v2.0.7 to v8.0.1[unlocked whitelist & show advance functions] ? Thank you a bunch !

No need for this. Flash the stock version, and then grab the modified version in the first post and follow the instructions.

Well actually that bios you linked to seems to be a beta version, it's older than v8.00 and v8.01, it is NOT v8.01 as stated on that Chinese site. I can't guarantee that what I said above will work properly.

Hello Svl7

I'm from China,I have a Y580N with the stock bios version V2.0x.

I flashed the new bios Y480_Y580_5DCN87WW(V0.90).rar_ once it was released.

It works well with the new bios.But I could not agree its version as v8.01

The date of the bios is 08/08/2012.

The bios could probability come from Lenovo factory as a beta version or something else.

I have also some testing document came with that bios.

Please check below links:

BIOS check list for QIWY3_Y4 BIOS V090.pdf_

Y480Y580 BIOS 5DCN87WW(V0.90).pdf_

Y480Y580 EC BIOS 5DEC87WW(V0.90).pdf_

Appreciated if you can help build a new modified version to make people who already flashed the V0.90(Non-official) upgrade to V8.01.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

my original version (which I still have) is 8.0, I flashed with 8.1mod which in hindsight was probably the wrong one. I should have used 8.0mod on my 8.0 bios. This is likely the cause of the blank screen at boot. Now I am trying the fn+b reset, but I hear no beeping. I am using an SSD hard drive so there is no sound to tell me if its loading. Neither Lenovo nor searches about the motherboard seem to yield results about what key combo to use. I am going off of the fn+b because I dont have any other option. Are you sure this is correct? I'll see what the hard drive light does in the mean time. Thanks for the support.

If your system still POSTs then I'd say try to blindly flash back with fpt, else there's really only the recovery method. It's described somewhere at the beginning of this thread if I remember correctly, including key combo.

a few posts before you wrote ''The CPU has a cracked corner''

maybe thats the cause, i don't know

or the gpu doesn't gets enough power and needs a bit more voltage... you replaced the i5 with a i7... it seems like the i5-version of the Y580 hasn't got the same power supply.... but i don't know, please take a look at your power supply and tell us the specifications (input, output, whatever)

My PSU is 19,5V 6,15A = 120W

I'm now on the oryginal Lenovo BIOS 2.07

As you know first i was getting bluescreens while playing BF3 and Far Cry 3.

There was no problem with Crysis 3 and Call of Duty 4 - BUT NOW I'm getting bluescreens in COD4 which is ridiculous - I't started today...

I know my CPU has a cracked corner and this might be that problem.. but I was testing my CPU using Prime or Orthos and there was no problem so it means that the CPU is operating properly, Am I right?

ANY HELP?

post-11638-14494994908174_thumb.jpg

post-11638-14494994911685_thumb.jpg

Did you check the cause of the BSOD? I kinda doubt it's your CPU, the die should be intact, even with that little damage on the top.

Yes I did check it:

its always a 124 blue screen

Galeria zdj?? aukcji Allegro - Galerie Allegro.pl

The exact Blue Screen code is one that picture:

STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFFA8008079028,0x000000000BE000000,0x0000000000200135)

PLEASE svl7 CAN you help me?

Yes I did check it:

STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFFA8008079028,0x000000000BE000000,0x0000000000200135)

Can anyone help me plaese?

Good day to slv7 and all members of this thread!

My Lenovo Y580 comes with i7 3630Q Win 8 and has BIOS v.8.00 (5DCN89WW). I wonder If it possible to upgrade that BIOS with unlocked one, posted in the here - v.8.01 (5DCN90WW)? Someone try this? And what about data like win 8 license etc., is it left untouched after BIOS upgrade? And the second, can someone explain how Y580 BIOS feature "BIOS Roll back" works and have to be used properly?

Thanks for you HELP!

Hi Svl7,

Have you had a chance to look over the photos I post,

Do you know of anything we can tweak for better performance?

I'm willing to test and post back results :)

Thanks

Hi Svl7,

I took pictures of all the configurable options in the v8.01 unlocked bios, i'm guessing we can change the Long Duration TimeWindow option above the default 28 seconds under Advanced CPU control.

I have no idea what most of these options mean, so if you could let us know anything we can tweak for higher performance I would greatly appreciate it.

Lenovo Y580 Unlocked - Imgur

Hello! I updated my mid-december manufactured M772RGE (german localized Y580, purchased at amazon.de) with your unlocked BIOS v2.0.7. It worked flawlessly ! Afterwards I activated VT-x in BIOS options, but got one BSOD starting Android emulator. The reason was a HAXM-related issue. After reinstalling HAXM all worked perfectly without any issues so far. My congratulations to all members involved and particularly to svl7.

... Looking forward to install an AR9380 with 3rd antenna mod recently purchased on ebay ...

Thank you all for the hard work !

Hi Svl7

I think I might become the first person who upgrade the Y580 with stock V2.0x to V8.0X.

I am already on the version 5DCN87WW now, as I'd like to change the wireless card to intel ultimate 6300 AGN and I don't consider to move back to V2.07.

I have to try to update version v8.01 in your first post and keep different versions between EC and BIOS.

Good luck to my Y580 and thanks for your hard working.

Hi Svl7

I think I might become the first person who upgrade the Y580 with stock V2.0x to V8.0X.

I am already on the version 5DCN87WW now, as I'd like to change the wireless card to intel ultimate 6300 AGN and I don't consider to move back to V2.07.

I have to try to update version v8.01 in your first post and keep different versions between EC and BIOS.

Good luck to my Y580 and thanks for your hard working.

You should wait until I upload a modified version of 5DCN87WW (0.90), cause you'll most likely run into issues when you use the current mods on your bios.

Hi Svl7,

Have you had a chance to look over the photos I post,

Do you know of anything we can tweak for better performance?

I'm willing to test and post back results :)

You can try to adjust your base clock a bit and adjust the turbo time limit, that's all there is with a non-XM CPU.

Yes I did check it:

STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFFA8008079028,0x000000000 BE000000,0x0000000000200135)

Can anyone help me plaese?

any ideas?

I'd like to test something, if anyone's with a Y480 / Y580 is willing to help please let me know. Nothing dangerous, just want to try to get a dump of the complete firmware.

any ideas?

First of all what are your CPU and GPU temps? This could be caused by many things... You could run a prime95 test to see whether the CPU might be the culprit, if it isn't then a fresh installation of your OS might help.