Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

so if my DXDIAG which shows 03.71.515DCN38WW(V.205), will i use the current 2.07 flash??

I don't use the bios listed in my GPU_Z but my dxdiag one right?

No you have to be on the same version or you'll brick as some ppl have done.

Honestly I'm as noob as they come and I followed instructions from the first post and worked flawlessly the first time.

Actually the 2.0x users can just go and flash according with the included utility, just as I wrote in the first post. Only the 8.0x users have to do it the other way.

• Thumbs Up 1

hey schranzmaster did u flash ur 660m through a usb or in windows boot?? i would really be happy if someone would make a video on flashing the y580 with a 2.0 verison.

yeah, i flashed in windows.. that was pretty easy.. just follow the one single step of svl7: ''Flash with the included InsydeFlash utility.''

thats it. just close all programs and open ''InsydeFlash.exe''...

but you need to have the BIOS-version v2.0x, to flash the unlocked BIOS v2.07 ..

i had a bit newer version... v2.07 .. but that doesn't matter. yes, i also used the 2.0x one...

thats right, you just extract the files and run ''InsydeFlash.exe''... pretty easy..

but close all other programs before starting :P

the flash goes really fast, maximum 1 minute long...

i had a bit newer version... v2.07 .. but that doesn't matter. yes, i also used the 2.0x one...

thats right, you just extract the files and run ''InsydeFlash.exe''... pretty easy..

but close all other programs before starting :P

the flash goes really fast, maximum 1 minute long...

i extract onto my desktop. run the inysdeflash.exe and restart when finish?

i close all my programs : ).

i will do it tonight when i come back from work and keep u updated! eeeeeh

btw will i be able to increase the mhz to more after flashing? I use EVGA and nvidia inspector

post-11162-14494994490693_thumb.gif

thank you very much svl7 and schranzmaster.

wow how are you able to increased it further then 1000mhz!?!? I don't want to mess with my voltage so I think 1000mhz is good enough for now... maybe later to 1085 or possibly 1100mhz core and 1400mhz mem

round of beers coming up!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6364[/ATTACH]

thank you very much svl7 and schranzmaster.

wow how are you able to increased it further then 1000mhz!?!? I don't want to mess with my voltage so I think 1000mhz is good enough for now... maybe later to 1085 or possibly 1100mhz core and 1400mhz mem

round of beers coming up!

yeah 1000 mhz is good enough for the first :)

if you want to overclock use a program like msi afterburner..

the core can easily handle 1200mhz without more voltage.. and 1400mhz mem also works with the stock voltage

yeah 1000 mhz is good enough for the first :)

if you want to overclock use a program like msi afterburner..

the core can easily handle 1200mhz without more voltage.. and 1400mhz mem also works with the stock voltage

wow I learn something new everyday... nice!. Are you also using a aftermarket cooler? I am using a cooler master u3.. works perfect :D

Maybe i'll run some benchmarks with 1200 core and 14000 memory with 3d mark 11 :)

wow I learn something new everyday... nice!. Are you also using a aftermarket cooler? I am using a cooler master u3.. works perfect :D

Maybe i'll run some benchmarks with 1200 core and 14000 memory with 3d mark 11 :)

haha, thats funny, i'm using also the CM u3 :D

works perfectly... one fan placed on ram and hdd, the other 2 fans to the gpu/cpu section... :)

you will get around 3000 points, i think :)

Yes. Works flawlessly for me. I did purchase a third antenna a while back when I used the 6300 on a previous laptop.

wow excellent!! all you do is replace the old card with the new one right : )?

btw did u notice significent singal increase and lower pings while gaming/speed test?

wow excellent!! all you do is replace the old card with the new one right : )?

btw did u notice significent singal increase and lower pings while gaming/speed test?

Yeah, just swapped the cards.

I didn't bother testing the stock wifi card at all, so I don't have any data on signal increase or lower pings. AFAIK, the Intel 6300 is typically better than most Atheros cards, which is what I believe came in our units.

Yeah, just swapped the cards.

I didn't bother testing the stock wifi card at all, so I don't have any data on signal increase or lower pings. AFAIK, the Intel 6300 is typically better than most Atheros cards, which is what I believe came in our units.

thank you very much man, i really mean it. btw, roughly how much does the intel 6300 go for? i see some on ebay for $35 but from China... :43_002:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on a 12 MBS connection from uverse and getting like 40ping through google.. on my old 3mb connection I would get under 20ms. lol haha

Hey guys, whenever I change the energy management to the 'Lenovo Dynamic Graphics' and play a game, it just freezes after a few minutes every time.

This didn't happen prior to flashing the unlocked 8.01 BIOS.

Is anyone else also having this issue?