Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

So I did everything as explained, and it the bios flash worked. I restarted the PC, changed a few things (nothing important, besides enabling the Intel Virtualization something (I can't remember the exact name)) and when I restarted again, the PC won't boot anymore: it just keeps restarting (turning on and off) before it even gets to the Lenovo screen. I tried removing the battery, without success.

Any hopes for me? Did I brick the BIOS? Should I just give it to tech support? It occurred to me that perhaps removing the CMOS Battery and rolling back the BIOS configurations would maybe work, but I couldn't find it. I read in someplace that it is below the touchpad, can anyone confirm if that's true? Thank you very much and I apologize for the desperation! haha

So I did everything as explained, and it the bios flash worked. I restarted the PC, changed a few things (nothing important, besides enabling the Intel Virtualization something (I can't remember the exact name)) and when I restarted again, the PC won't boot anymore: it just keeps restarting (turning on and off) before it even gets to the Lenovo screen. I tried removing the battery, without success.

Any hopes for me? Did I brick the BIOS? Should I just give it to tech support? It occurred to me that perhaps removing the CMOS Battery and rolling back the BIOS configurations would maybe work, but I couldn't find it. I read in someplace that it is below the touchpad, can anyone confirm if that's true? Thank you very much and I apologize for the desperation! haha

Yikes..

What steps did you do specifically? There are a few ways to go depending on your setup.

Can no one help me cause of my low Physx Score ?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,LENOVO Product Name score: P2911 3DMarks

Also Futuremark found 3 Graphic Cards on my Y580 ? .-.

first of all, your driver version is ''9.17.10.2932''

mine is ''9.18.13.1407''... so update your driver to the newest one, that will bring you a bit performance-increase. :)

what are your clocks? gpu?

i saw that your memory is at 2950mhz... mine is at 3125mhz..

and my gpu is at 1250mhz.

i also got 16gb ram and the 3630qm..

my windows 7 experience index:

post-10385-14494994364463_thumb.png

i hope that helped you

first of all, your driver version is ''9.17.10.2932''

mine is ''9.18.13.1407''... so update your driver to the newest one, that will bring you a bit performance-increase. :)

what are your clocks? gpu?

i saw that your memory is at 2950mhz... mine is at 3125mhz..

and my gpu is at 1250mhz.

i also got 16gb ram and the 3630qm..

my windows 7 experience index:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6169[/ATTACH]

i hope that helped you

Hey , i saw that your memory is at 3125mhz... mine is at 3100mhz , i cant reach 3125mhz without artifacts how did u do it O.o.

what is your gpu clock?

maybe it's too high...

i don't got artifacts or any problems with gpu at 1250mhz. and mem at 3125mhz :)

but max temperatures of 85°C are a little bit high, i think.. so i will buy a cooling pad..

btw, every graphicscard is a little little little bit different... so it could be that one can handle a bit higher clocks and another only a bit lower... i think thats normal

With the stock vbios you can only overclock up to +135MHz on the core, with this mod you can go much further, plus the base clock is already raised to 1Ghz.

So is this dangerous to run? I mean obviously flashing a bios is, but I mean once it's working? Or can the system handle it easily without artifacting/overheating?

Guess What , My Core Clock Is 1300mhz And Memory 3065 mhz thats stable i have doing stability test for hours maximum temp is 82°C , And it gave me in diablo from 89 fps to 113fps thats Amazing , Still :'( i wanted that 3125mhz for memory i am having a sad day .

the system can handle 1ghz easily man...

the gtx 660m even runs without overheating or artifacting... the temperatures are the same as without the modded bios, although the gpu clock is higher. thats because the new fan managment with the modded bios seems to work better then before...

for example if the gpu reaches 70 degrees, the fan is on 100 %, so it won't overheat. but if u don't like that you can change the fan settings in the modded bios..

really enjoying this

So is this dangerous to run? I mean obviously flashing a bios is, but I mean once it's working? Or can the system handle it easily without artifacting/overheating?

No, flashing a vbios isn't dangerous, at least not this mod. What I meant is that pushing the vram modules so far is not healthy, they work at this speed, but they're not rated for it. It's nice for benchmarking but not recommendable for daily use. Of course in the end it's your system...

Guess What , My Core Clock Is 1300mhz And Memory 3065 mhz thats stable i have doing stability test for hours maximum temp is 82°C , And it gave me in diablo from 89 fps to 113fps thats Amazing , Still :'( i wanted that 3125mhz for memory i am having a sad day .

lower the core clock 50 mhz and then u can turn the mem a bit higher. :)

No, flashing a vbios isn't dangerous, at least not this mod. What I meant is that pushing the vram modules so far is not healthy, they work at this speed, but they're not rated for it. It's nice for benchmarking but not recommendable for daily use. Of course in the end it's your system...

I am still not understanding you.

So you are saying this bios update should or should NOT be run daily safely?

Hey people,

I have reinstalled my Windows 8 and now i have Full Physx Points @ 3D Mark 11 didn´t know which one was wrong ( i have deinstalled all Drivers, and reinstalled them but nothing helps )..

Unclocked with your Bios

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,LENOVO Product Name score: P2706 3DMarks

But 3D Mark didn´t recognized my Driver versions Correctly. And i have 3 Graphic Cards ??

First : Nvidia 660m (correct)

Second : Intel HD 4000 (correct)

Third : Generic VGA ????[ Driver Name Microsoft Basic Renderer Driver ] [ Version : 9.18.13.1407 ]

I have installed the following Drivers for the Intel and Nvidia :

Nvidia 314.07

Intel 9.17.10.2932

I am still not understanding you.

So you are saying this bios update should or should NOT be run daily safely?

Read my post which you quoted, I said I consider my mod to be completely safe for daily use.