Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

I don't think this will cause any issues, even if it might not change the speed. You have to test it, I really can't say anything for sure since I don't have an Y580 for testing.

It is compatible. You need to run it from a CMD prompt which has admin privileges. Also some anti virus software block the PCIe driver of the tool, make sure this doesn't happen.

Any News How To Increase Gtx 660m For Lenovo y580 Voltage Am Trying Everything Here , I Want to reach 1.15 voltage and my current is dynamic voltage of course but the maximum it get is 1.1 voltage any one can just give me a hint please .

Will the back up of 5DCN90WW pulled by the application be usable for recovery purposes via USB drive? Why Lenovo doesn't have this BIOS available for download from their site is beyond me.. I just wanna make sure I have everything I need for a quick recovery in case anything goes wrong.

ok, i tried it!

i chose a higher clock, but it didn't changed anything..

nevertheless it's a great bios.

the gtx 660m runs now with 1250mhz gpu and 3125/~1563mhz mem... a bandwidth of 100 gb/s :D

runs great.. max temperatures are 85°C after 3 hours battlefield 3 :)

it seems like my Y580 have some great thermal paste.. because i didn't change anything on the laptop.. this result is even without a coolingpad under the laptop..

but i will buy one soon.

1250mhz gpu and 3125mhz mem are really recommendable settings for the gtx 660m!

So here is where I am at now. I ran backup.bat from a adminstrator Command Prompt but I get the following error.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6156[/ATTACH]

Did you have your anti-virus activated? If it was activated at the time you executed the .exe, you might want to disable your anti-virus before doing the backup. Hope it will help! =)

So here is where I am at now. I ran backup.bat from a adminstrator Command Prompt but I get the following error.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6156[/ATTACH]

Weird, if this happens with the disabled antivirus... I don't know. I think other Win8 users run into similar issues, can't remember, but there's a solution for this. Of course you can also do the backup from dos, might be easier.

Hiii i like this forum it's great to be here :)

I agree, it certainly is :D

No conflict at all. Of course your GPU will run at stock clocks, I didn't modify the 640m LE vbios so far. If you're interested in a modified 640m LE vbios, post a GPU-Z screenshot of your system.

Hey svl, did the GPUZ screens (on page 48) help form a 640 M LE overclock?