Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

Ok

Well nevermind really had to turn off antivirus and such like that..how weird that would cause a problem..

Well going to see what i can do

After figuring it out...it is really easy

The AV is a problem but going to prob just go with a comodo set up anyways..

Thank you so much

im sorry for being a nuansce just did not see a post that said it might be your av if you get errors running the backup.bat..

really cool features..

(gotta find memory configurations)

but the gpu running at 1Ghz AMAZING

going to get bf3 installed and get some benchmarks runinng when i get home tonight along with changing out to the dual band card finally

hey guys!

i just want to say, that the ''Lenovo Y580 / Y480 BIOS v2.07 (5DCN40WW) -> unlocked, whitelist removed, Nvidia 660m @ 1GHz default 3d clocks'' works great for me!!

my specs:

Y580

i7 3630QM

16 gb kingston hyperx (1600mhz cl9)

256gb ssd (with windows 7 professional 64-bit installed on it)

and the 1tb hdd

but i have one question, svl7, can u make this BIOS with 1,2 ghz default 3D clock and 1,408/2,816 ghz memory clock (~ 90,1 GB/s bandwidth :D ) for the gtx 660m?

this gpu handels this clocks without problems, i tried it out.. max temperatures on gaming with this clock 75°C. but mostly on 68°C..

btw, thanks for such an amazing work!!

the bios makes the Y580 even more better!!

hey guys!

i just want to say, that the ''Lenovo Y580 / Y480 BIOS v2.07 (5DCN40WW) -> unlocked, whitelist removed, Nvidia 660m @ 1GHz default 3d clocks'' works great for me!!

my specs:

Y580

i7 3630QM

16 gb kingston hyperx (1600mhz cl9)

256gb ssd (with windows 7 professional 64-bit installed on it)

and the 1tb hdd

but i have one question, svl7, can u make this BIOS with 1,15 ghz default 3D clock and 1,3 ghz memory clock for the gtx 660m?

this gpu handels this clocks without problems, i tried it out.. max temperatures on gaming with this clock 75°C. but mostly on 68°C..

btw, thanks for such an amazing work!!

the bios makes the Y580 even more better!!

;0

You can use nvidia inspector to over clock as much as you want with the modded vbios, I have mine at 1250/3000 (1500) and it works perfect

Hey svl7 I needed to reinstall windows 8 after the bios unlock because I switched the hard drive to an SSD, and now the built in product key for v8.01 is incomplete (Not activating and only showing a partial key). Is there any way of fixing this? EDIT: I talked to Microsoft about this and they confirmed the product key was incomplete.

Shouldn't happen if you followed the procedure. The key is in your original bios backup, I'd say repeat the whole procedure with your old bios backup, if it doesn't work send me your original backup as well as the mod file you flashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

l4z3r, i konw!

but a overclock with bios is much better than with a program, in my opinion..

whats about your temperatures? (e.g. in games like far cry 3? or something other)

It really depends on the program IMO, messing with the bios isn't worth it if you can push it to max with software.

Nvidia Inspector uses very little resources, and you can make a shortcut to apply the overclock when you need it only.

I re-applied the thermal paste on my cpu/gpu and my temps are a lot better (it used to hit 105*c overclocked and throttle the cpu/gpu)

I now max out around 80-81*c, ~65*c with my custom laptop cooler. (mini fridge tray with 3x120m fans on the back)

1300gpu crashes my gpu, so I use 1250gpu/3000mem as my everyday overclock.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone successfully flashed the modded BIOS on Win8 with v8.01?

yes, I have, make sure your bios is 8.01 and follow the instructions svl7 made in the first post.

Works like a charm

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi guys, I have a problem with the modded bios 2.07 becouse when I want to flash it, it sends me a message "The version of the rom file isn`t newer than version of bios" . My actual bios version is 2.07

Check this: http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/2260-lenovo-y580-y480-unlocked-bios-versions-9.html#post40691

Why is the GPU boost same as the clock?

Because imo it's easier for overclocking, you know how high your GPU will clock, constant performance... I decided to disable boost since I don't really see the purpose of it when overclocking.

Ok, I tried everything by now... with no luck :( recovery reads usb drive and the pen is blinking as it would read the file but nothing more... :( still black screen. Last what left is Lenovo service...

Sorry to hear that..

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends on the program IMO, messing with the bios isn't worth it if you can push it to max with software.

Nvidia Inspector uses very little resources, and you can make a shortcut to apply the overclock when you need it only.

You will still need a vbios mod to get around the +135MHz restriction, else you can't push P0, and pushing another P-State really is not a proper solution.

No conflict at all. Of course your GPU will run at stock clocks, I didn't modify the 640m LE vbios so far. If you're interested in a modified 640m LE vbios, post a GPU-Z screenshot of your system.

No conflict at all. Of course your GPU will run at stock clocks, I didn't modify the 640m LE vbios so far. If you're interested in a modified 640m LE vbios, post a GPU-Z screenshot of your system.

Dear svl7,

I Installed Your Awsome Moded Bios In My Lenovo Y580 , Then I Managed to overclock to 1300/3100 Thats Monster Clock But i couldnt go further due to lack of voltage so i wanted your help , if u can increase the voltage from 1.1 to lets say 1.15 and pm me the moded bios ASAP and thanks , i understand its dangerous i fully take the full responsible of what would happen and thanks :)

I'd love an overclocked variant of the 640M LE.

Here's a shot of the GPU-Z.

av3.png

bsq.png