Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! I updated the bios with

"modified whitelist BIOS V2.07 - 5DCN40WW removed WWAN /WLAN whitelist check"

Now the Wifi card is dual band intel 7265AC with bluetooth on it.
But here is the problem, after every restart or shutdown I have first problem with a usb-  the external mouse stop working and after every second restart or shut down I have a BSOD with "bugcode_usb driver" error in dump file.
For now I try diferent drivers, for integrated broadcom and for intel card separately but integrated card every time have 4 pheripheral devices without driver and not work properly, I found а working driver for bluetooth in the intel card 7265 but the problem with BSOD exists.
No matter if I disabled every bluetooth card in device management or separately and restart I have a BSOD on the end.

Do you know if there is an option to turn off the built-in Bluetooth through the BIOS? This will be very useful. 
Thanks!
Edited by faboone

• 4 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

If you can't download files, then just read "User Account Promotion Rules":  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

So, that is, I need 5 post plus 1 week to get the promotion? And then should have the right to download?

• Bios Modder
11 hours ago, povergo said:

So, that is, I need 5 post plus 1 week to get the promotion? And then should have the right to download?

If you cannot wait for this promotion period, then we encourage you to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 2:28 AM, Klem said:

If you cannot wait for this promotion period, then we encourage you to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums. 

It has been 2 weeks since I registered, but still no promotion. What I miss?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, i am owner of a Lenovo Y480 which is using GT640M LE, does it under this category?

I flashed a modded firmware and it has bricked.

I found there is EN25Q32B and EN25QH16 bin files, BUT descriptions are LA-8001P N13P-GTm while 640M LE was N13P-LP.

Does it fit and rescue my laptop?

• 1 year later...

Howdy all! 

I would like to thank all the people, in particular @svl7, that has contributed to this achievement of unlocking this Lenovo's BIOS, I have read all the 65 pages to better understand how to do it and what are the principal problems encountered. 

Since last week or so, I'm trying to BIOSFix my original BIOS to unlock it since the Wifi card died in my Y580 laptop, but there is a thing I can't understand and I can't put my finger on it. 

I know it's an old thread revival, but if someone can help me understand what I'm missing, it would be really appreciated. 

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (2099) Windows 7 premium
InsydeH20 Rev. 3.7
BIOS Version : 5DCN40WW (V2.07)
EC Version : 5DEC40WW (V2.07) 
CPU : i7-3630QM 

I can successfully extract the BIOS with the FPT tool. I rename the original BIOS under the name : biosy580.bin, it's a 4.50 MB file. 
I'm trying to use the QIWY3207.rom (included in the Y580 - Y480 'unlocked BIOS' v2.07 folder) for modifying my original BIOS with the BIOSFix tool. 
Unfortunately I don't have any success, the QIWY3207.rom is 6.12 MB in size and both BIOS should be equivalent in size, well usually it's the way it works, I could be wrong, but according by the error I'm receiving in BIOSFix :  ERROR : Modified BIOS file is invalid. Press enter to exit.

I did a test with the modified BIOS v801.rom included in another file named Lenovo Y580 - Y480 BIOS v8.01 (5DCN90WW) - Mod  since this BIOS is the same size 4.50 MB as my original BIOS. With that one BIOSFix is able to modify and gives me a new BIOS named v801FIX.rom 

I'm really uncomfortable to flash my laptop with that version since it's not the same base version v.2.07 -> v8.01

I compared both my original BIOS (biosy580.bin - 4.50 MB) VS. modified (QIWY3201.rom - 6.12 MB) with an Hex tool and both looks compatible, except for the size. 

What am I missing?  If someone can enlighten me please, that would be very appreciated. 

Invalid BIOS File.png

biosy580.jpg

QIWY3207.jpg

• Bios Modder
51 minutes ago, Soul Harvester said:

What am I missing?  If someone can enlighten me please, that would be very appreciated. 

Hi! 

You can upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the download link. Or you can send me your file backup of bios via PM.  To create backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run Backup Utility as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here this archive "results" or upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi! 

You can upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the download link. Or you can send me your file backup of bios via PM.  To create backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run Backup Utility as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here this archive "results" or upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

Thanks for your fast reply, it's much appreciated. 

The file created by Backup Tool is in your private box. Here is the link for the original BIOS dumped with FPT in DOS mode.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rvi03l

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Soul Harvester said:

The file created by Backup Tool is in your private box.

Ok. Your bios with unlocked Wi-Fi whitelist done. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

I big thanks to @Klem, he helped me tremendously. I've just installed a wireless Intel AC7265 card in the laptop and it's working flawlessly! 

Again, thanks to everyone, you're all superheroes ! :super:  

Edited by Soul Harvester