Lenovo Y580 / Y480 'unlocked' BIOS versions

svl7

• 3 weeks later...

What do I have to do to return to the original BIOS? Is it enough to download it from the Lenovo website, edit the platform.ini and flash it?

I had full pants yesterday after the laptop threw out the artifacts and it wasn't possible to turn it on. I presume BIOS is at fault, because hardware are overclocked, and PSU doesn't give enough power to him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I successessfully flashed the unlocked bios a few months back from Y580 - Y480 'unlocked BIOS' v2.07.

After now getting to finally do some Hackintosh-installing with mild troubles to reanimate my Windows drive, it now seems that changes to the bios are not saved anymore. Not sure whether that was already before or after trying to get Windows to boot correctly again.

Anyone has an idea how I get the BIOS to save changes again?

I tried resetting to defaults, of course, but that also didn't help. It's pretty much locked down in its current state which means that the NVIDIA GTX 660m is deactivated and only Intel HD 4000 is on. I'd rather not want that to be a permanent state.

Edited by tbr
wording

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
26 minutes ago, szefu69 said:

I can't download it someone help me?  

Upon registering for this website, your account is categorized as "Pre-Promotion" and you can see that status below your avatars. Once you have participated in the community sufficiently over the course of a week , your account will become flagged for review and at that time the T|I moderation team will review your post history over the course of a week and promote you accordingly--as long as you didn't break any forum rules or make spam posts, you are 99.9% certain to get promoted. At that point, as a Promoted User, your account will have full privileges to download anything you like and have enhanced account features enabled such as increased PM quota, increased per post upload quota etc.

If you cannot wait for this promotion period, then we encourage you to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums.

In summary:

• New user account promotion system that views your level of quality activity on these forums over a span of 1 week with a minimum of 5 QUALITY posts. 
  • Once you have sufficient activity over this week, your account is flagged for moderator review. At that time you will get promoted as long as you had quality posts and didn't violate forum rules (e.g. spam posts, one liners, file begging, complaining etc.). Apart from a few odd members that break the aforementioned rules, almost everyone is guaranteed a promotion.
  • If you do not wish to wait for this promotion queue, you can simply opt for T|I Elite Membership to skip ahead and get your account promoted as long as the membership lasts. 
  • Attempting to circumvent the aforementioned rules may result in an infraction and/or ban. Please review our terms of service.

We feel this is the best compromise we could come up with to maintain our standards of quality for this website and to ensure our limited resources are used optimally. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 18.6.2018 at 1:11 PM, tbr said:

I successessfully flashed the unlocked bios a few months back from Y580 - Y480 'unlocked BIOS' v2.07.

After now getting to finally do some Hackintosh-installing with mild troubles to reanimate my Windows drive, it now seems that changes to the bios are not saved anymore. Not sure whether that was already before or after trying to get Windows to boot correctly again.

I tried resetting to defaults, of course, but that also didn't help. It's pretty much locked down in its current state which means that the NVIDIA GTX 660m is deactivated and only Intel HD 4000 is on. I'd rather not want that to be a permanent state.

Anyone have any clues?

On 29.7.2018 at 11:51 AM, tbr said:

Anyone have any clues?

Hey,

i guess it is really hard to figure out whats wrong here. As you can see this thread is about 6 years old.

Do you know how to go back to the standard bios? Might wanna give this a try and then redo the procedure. I have been on the unlocked v2.07 for over 5 years now. I originally got it to replace the WIFI-card as the original bios has a whitelist. Still it seems that usb 3.0 support is not included in the v2.07

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18.06.2018 at 1:11 PM, tbr said:

The same - after returning from hackintosh on windows 10, bios does not save settings. Please help :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:ninja:wooow

1 week with a minimum of 5 QUALITY post

to downlod this BIOS is not easy.

Somewhere says its ok we drink a beer.

Iam here, we can drink.

I have someday install a asia USB Network Driver and

only one see this advanced BIOS action menu

for first times.

:50_002:

934feb10c0a9136sgm650c073be.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

A few questions if anyone can help. First one is will the flash change any bios settings or will they be set to stock CPU speeds? 

I ask because all I want to do is use a different wireless card. Don't need to change clock speed.

Edited by bret4

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2012 at 7:49 PM, svl7 said:

Alright, got a version here which should allow other wlan / wwan cards as well. Have never looked into this before, but this should do the trick, else let me know.

It's a test, I need to know whether it works as intended or not, some people sometimes fail to see this point and just grab the file and I never hear anything back from them. That's why I set a password on the archive, if you want to test it let me know and I'll give you the pw, but I'll expect you to let me know whether it works or not. Sorry about this inconvenience, but I'm afraid it's needed.

Once confirmed to work I'll upload it to the frontpage, as the unlocked version without the whitelist tweak.

- confirmed to work, file moved to first post -

Hello everyone. I am a rookie member. I got a Lenovo Y580 which I want to flash it with the modified BIOS 5DCN90ww (V8.01) and I did flash it with the command fpt -f v801.rom  -bios and it went till the end with no errors but at the end shows that the 2 bioses are exactly the same. What Can I do to get a ready modified bios, I mean the real thing, unlocked, white list removal, advanced subMenues and gtx660M accelerated. I got a wirelessland 7260HNM DUAL BAND, 4.0 BT and 2x2 867Mbps which is awating the transformation of my Y580.  I 'll be willing to a down payment as a donation if that is ok with you. Final note on the 2 bioses, I compared them with the DOS command FC and there were many diffencies... I'll leave it to the experts, Gracias amigos!!!

pp3.jpg

• Bios Modder
26 minutes ago, Berpeca said:

Hello everyone. I am a rookie member. I got a Lenovo Y580 which I want to flash it with the modified BIOS 5DCN90ww (V8.01) and I did flash it with the command fpt -f v801.rom  -bios and it went till the end with no errors but at the end shows that the 2 bioses are exactly the same. What Can I do to get a ready modified bios, I mean the real thing, unlocked, white list removal, advanced subMenues and gtx660M accelerated. I got a wirelessland 7260HNM DUAL BAND, 4.0 BT and 2x2 867Mbps which is awating the transformation of my Y580.  I 'll be willing to a down payment as a donation if that is ok with you. Final note on the 2 bioses, I compared them with the DOS command FC and there were many diffencies... I'll leave it to the experts, Gracias amigos!!!

pp3.jpg

Hi!

Send me your file backup of bios.  For creating backup of bios use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the utility as Administrator (right click mouse). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. You can send me this archive "results" via PM or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html