Need little clamp for HD cable connection. Where to get?

ht_addict

I just picked up a M18x R2. I went to install my SSD's. When I lifted up the the little beige clamp that holds the HD cable into the connector I noticed that one of the legs was broken. Anyone know where to get another one?

Well, I'd just ask the Alienware customer support service. Quickest way to get one.

Guest Alienware-L_Porras

Unfortunately it won't be covered under regular warranty (only Accidental damage) and if you mean the connector on the motherboard, the only thing we can do would be to swap the whole motherboard, we do not sell them separately. If you have a way to get just that or to do a workaround I think it would be better, easier and time-saver.

• Founder
Unfortunately it won't be covered under regular warranty (only Accidental damage) and if you mean the connector on the motherboard, the only thing we can do would be to swap the whole motherboard, we do not sell them separately. If you have a way to get just that or to do a workaround I think it would be better, easier and time-saver.

I think the OP said he noticed the leg was already broken vs having broken it himself. Btw can you let engineering know that these clamps were a horrible design decision? They are far too fragile.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I think the OP said he noticed the leg was already broken vs having broken it himself. Btw can you let engineering know that these clamps were a horrible design decision? They are far too fragile.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I had similar experience in past on previous system. They can break all the way or sometimes just enough that it pops off but if pushed in place still locks and holds the cable. Being so lucky is probably not the norm.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2