Monitors

StamatisX

M17x-R2: RGB LED. My favorite and the reason I am happy every morning I get online and look at pretty colors! :)

Thinkpad X200 tablet: Samsung PVA Superbright Outdoor Viewable LED

Desktop in the office: Dell SE198WFPV 19" matte @ 1440x900 (Yes, that's correct! :D ) and surprisingly decent color reproduction. Decent monitor otherwise but pretty poor in comparison to my laptop screens. I bought it when I came to US and had no clue about different screens. Also, I'd prefer 4:3 19" any day for office work tho. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

how is it compared to the R1's screen?

I believe is pretty decent but nothing can really come close to the screen of the m17x to be honest. I like the size but as we all know is kinda hard to get that feel of the laptop monitor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm sitting in front of 32" TV (32LG5700) wallmunted I had been using for last 3 years. I know all of you will tell me that PC monitor is superior to TV panel but well calibrated TV work well. Today its bit late but tomorrow I will post some pic to show off:P

Pics:

post-13052-14494995881386_thumb.jpg

post-13052-1449499588055_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When they were on sale, I picked up two Asus VX238 23in LED screens and have been nothing but impressed with their performance and look compared to identically sized IPS screens. In terms of color, they nearly match the screen on my 17in Dell M6700 IPS built into my laptop. Very bright, but does not have washed out colors. Sharp, but not jagged or unstable.

Ultra light.

2x HDMI (I use a DP to HDMI for the first screen and a DVI to HDMI for the second screen.)

1x VGA

1x Audio (Has two built in speakers with so-so performance.)

For the cost, I can not say a bad thing about these screens.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for a new monitor lately, the apple cinema got my attetion, though specs-wise i've read that the Dell's 27" beat's apple's. What would be you guys opinion? Still, im inclined to apple's... that glass cover makes any image look incredible.

I'm actually in the market for a monitor if anybody has any suggestions. Right now I use a pretty small ~20 inch widescreen as a second display to my laptop.

From what I've seen above 20",

$99-150 -------- Benq G2250. 22", 5ms, 1080p, not amazing colours, but not bad colours either.

Decent contrast in standard mode, about 50° viewing angle before losing brightness.

$150-200 ------ Asus VE247/VS248. 23.6, 24", 2 ms g to g.

$200 ------------ Asus VN247. 24". 1cm edge bezel all around. 1080p. 1 ms g to g. Around 80° viewing until I saw some brightness loss.

I was quite impressed actually.

All of the above offer 1080p, with 5 ms or below response time. In the same price range, I couldn't find an Acer, LG, Viewsonic, Samsung, AOC, nor HP with similar viewing range before it started getting really dark in areas, or didn't keep up in speed.

However, Samsung, LG, and HP have very nice screens above the $200 mark.

I've been looking for a new monitor lately, the apple cinema got my attetion, though specs-wise i've read that the Dell's 27" beat's apple's. What would be you guys opinion? Still, im inclined to apple's... that glass cover makes any image look incredible.

IMO Dell's colour reproduction is slightly more accurate, IF you're in a very bright environment because it's a matte screen. Dell's response rate is horrible. It's perfectly fine if you're working on art production or watching videos. They're prone to input lag and tearing if you're planning to game on it.

(I compared when I brought my gaming laptop to a friend's place to try his Dell 27" ultrasharp. Could not respond in the same speed in games as on the laptop's screen.)

The glass glossy finish on Apple's screen will accentuate colour in any environment, but not in bright areas because that will glare like no tomorrow. Likewise, by virtue of that glass finish, it's also not giving you true colours unless you do extensive calibration.

• 1 month later...

Recently I bought my first monitor with an IPS-Panel

Link: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00B4GNW9U/

It's awesome!

I got some TN-Panel monitors before, but compared to an IPS-one, it's simply stunning.

Very high contrast, bright colors and no tearing, simply a good gaming experience!

Here's an example of the difference: