Quadro card for gaming

• 9 months later...

Hello everybody!

i have a nice sample od Dell M6700 with IPS + K3000M - very good machine, but K3000m its not enough for me:59:

so, the Dell Refub K5000M is on the way to me, and i planned to change graphics.

Please, can anyone share me the normal Dell vbios, without any locks etc so it would be possible to run on 720/1800 as GTX680m

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
Hello everybody!

i have a nice sample od Dell M6700 with IPS + K3000M - very good machine, but K3000m its not enough for me:59:

so, the Dell Refub K5000M is on the way to me, and i planned to change graphics.

Please, can anyone share me the normal Dell vbios, without any locks etc so it would be possible to run on 720/1800 as GTX680m

Thanks!

You can download it from this link: https://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html

The Flash with GTX 680M Vbios change nothing because the ID of the Quadro Cards are not in the VBios.

At the Quadro Cards they make it with different Combination of Resistors on the Card.

This You can`t change with another Vbios,i tried it with a GTX 680M Vbios.

The Device Manager shows still K5000M,to flash back was not a Problem because the Chip is a GTX 680M.

And of course You can gaming with the K5000M,You can use the same Driver than for the GTX 680M.

I use the OC Vbios from Dell,here the Benchmark and Driverversion.

NVIDIA Quadro K5000M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4900MQ,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1763

Dell K5000m - 80.04.33.00.05 'OCedition' rev00.zip

• 3 weeks later...

I've flashed slv7's vbios to K5000M on my Alienware m17x r4 with Intel core i7 3610QM and it worked flawlessly for 2 months and lately giving display crash and recover while gaming.

I don't know what's wrong, gaming performance was really good, maybe my laptop needed more than 240W power (330W ones?).

How can I stabilize it? Should I get modded 330W power supply or reduce the core clock and voltage little bit?

• 1 year later...