7970M vBIOS Chip?

REAVER117

Nobody will notice as long as the solder job is done well, it's almost impossible to read the small writings, I wouldn't bother if I were you.

I do have an original one left, so if you really think it's necessary, let me know.

Which tool did you use to flash? Commands?

EDIT:

You could try the flash again with the -log parameter added and then post the logfile here so I can see what it says and what you tried.

I used ATIFlash, I tried forcing the flash with "atiflash -f -newbios -p 1 new.rom" but still no luck. When I get home tonight I'll pull a log of the flash. Thanks for your help.

Do you have more than one graphics card in your system? If not you have to type 0 instead of 1 !

• 6 months later...

@svl7 Would you be able to fix my 7970m, It was working before but giving me BSOD so I reflashed the bios, then just black screen like the system wont post. I am a novice and have tried everything I can. I will pay for shipping and expenses to you. If you could contact me please that would be appreciated.

system: p151hm1,2670qm,16gb 1600mhz ram, 500gb hd.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, however I'm attempting to summon you svl7. Being a freshblood on techinferno I cannot PM you. I am in a bad boat with my Clevo 7970m. I do believe it had a bad flash and well, now it's doa with a dell vbios. AKA it's dead, jim. Would your skills be capable of assisting me in this matter? As the prior poster had mentioned, I will be happy to take care of any expenses necessary.

• 1 year later...

hello svl7 i could really use your help with my 9XVK3 HD 7970m vbios issue . i know this is an old thread but i am in need of your services . i would like to send you this card so you could get working for m15x you can email me or pm me to let me know your price or is there a way to clear the bios to get it past post to blind flash either way if you could give me a price i would gladly send it if your willing to help someone in need thank you for your time.