Plextor M5P good or not?

xxstd

I dont know anything about that drive but if you want dependable go Intel or Crucial.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

The Plextor M5P is definitely a good choice. It is speedy and uses the newest iteration of the Marvell Controller with Enterprise standard hardware. It will be a good buy if you decide to get it. However, I suggest you wait though. The Samsung 840 SSDs are coming out soon and the reviews show it is preeeeety good. Definitely what I'm getting next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

it is good choice. its read ability is second to 840 pro. but its write ability exceed. most of all, its ability to maintain steady performance after a long period of usage is on the top of all the current SSDs---and this is the most important aspect of SSD. the short coming is its control software is not as good as samsum or Intel, still, if you don't want to have the trouble to maintinance your SSD from time to time, M5P is the best choice