terzer

Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

So, I tried the modded bios, but now the card is temp throttling :). It stays at 835mhz, but when the gpu hits 82*, the cpu usage goes to 40-50% and the fps in games are 10. So I reverted back to the original bios and started to play with the clocks, to find the "stable" clock. I found it: 850mhz and 1300 memory (stable 78*). I noticed that at these speeds, the voltage stays under 1.000. If I overclock it above those clocks, the voltage jumps above 1 and the card overheats. When I return home, I'll try to re-paste the gpu, but those voltages got me concerned, Is it possible to undervolt the card? I remember back in the day I undervolted my desktop video card and processor, and the temps got 10-15* lower.

If I try default clocks 745mhz and 2000mhz memory (under load - 1.012v), the gpu still throttles

If i try 850mhz and 2000 - the voltage stays the same 1.012 still throttles

if I try 950mhz and 2000 - the same 1.012

So the voltage never really changes at these speeds, but if its above 1.000, no matter the clocks, the gpu will throttle in some way.

the only fix for mine has been to replace the motherboard. twice it's happened on different occasions. and it seems to be the fix it all thing to do... when in doubt replace motherboard.

I too was wondering if the A15 bios mod would work with the 3630QM? Also, I was wondering if any of the other members who have bricked their 17rse 7720 from something to do with our MOBO having the 3630qm processor or some other unknown update thats causing this, have been able to get their computers running again without needing Dell's help? I'm intrigued about what is causing this to happen only to the 3630qm mobos while the i5's and i7 3610qms have no problems......I guess another question could be, Do the i5's and i7's with successful flashes of the vbios mod or the unlocked bios mod have windows 8? and if not, then could it be something to do with legacy boot being disabled and secureboot enabled?

Hopefully somebody sees this!! haha

thanks

Olehkh: If I dump from my laptot 3630QM i7 can you edit it (unlock)? I think it could prevent of bios brick of i7 3630QM version

Olehkh: If I dump from my laptot 3630QM i7 can you edit it (unlock)? I think it could prevent of bios brick of i7 3630QM version

so I can unlock.

Hello

Can I find russian mod where gpu has got stuck 1020 mhz and 1.087V dropped to 1.062V? My processor is i5 3210m. Thanks for reply.

lol, I've been wondering what the hell went wrong with my pc, mistakenly flashing it to A08 a month ago is what screwed me? sigh, if only I had access to the CMOS so I can clear memory and return it to A03. I haven't been able to game over the past month.

So I wanted to know, does taking out my CMOS clear all bios updates or does it just get rid of my personal settings?

If you update bios, reseted be only settings in bios. Windows and other file will be safe.

I sorry for english, i speak polish.

So, the problem with modded vBIOS for i7 3630QM CPU still unresolved? If someone could find out what's going on with these bricked motherboard and resolved these problem, I'll donate for them

Hey guys, i am new here! Just wanted to know, is there any A15 modified BIOS where GPU's clocks raised up to 835Mhz?

Will the unlocked Bios enable me to disable nvidia and switch to HD4000, I have the optimus 3D and would like to make my Dell 7720 SE 3610 run OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh)

Will the unlocked Bios enable me to disable nvidia and switch to HD4000, I have the optimus 3D and would like to make my Dell 7720 SE 3610 run OSX Mavericks (Hackintosh)

The newer one listed here from Olenkh should. It unlocks all BIOS options. However I'm not 100% sure if its possible to do what you're asking on laptop.

Olenkh's posted bios may allow you to change this as it has all the bios settings, but it may not be possible,

Oh wait a second... I think I might have missed one entry of the memory if you say yours is still 1000. Was late yesterday, I can fix that when I find time.

This is the same for me. Sometimes I boot its 1400mhz and other times 1000mhz. I am looking forward to a fix if you have time:)

I have original bios(A18), because I have 3630qm processor. But I overclocked GPU Clock to 1000MHz and memory to 2200 and it's stable if I put some books(4,5cm height) under back of laptop. Before even on 835MHz it wnet to 90 degrees after 1min of playing crysis 2 :P Now 74-76 after 30 mins and it is probably stable(willn't go further).

Can I overclock something other to get more power in games? Overclocking gpu memory is worth it? I've tried overclocking to 1050 but when I ran crysis 3 it freezed and I had to restart laptop. Maybe it was just accident... Maybe I must do something with voltage? If it's possible, is it safe? With increased voltage, can I overclock to 1100-1200MHz and maybe further? I want to play crysis 3 on high :D Now I'm playing in full hd or 1600x900(on fullhd fps sometimes drops under 30fps) , medium 8xAA FXAA.

Edit: It trootles :( and voltage is 1.012 often. Sometimes it is under 1V(0.987 IIRC). Trootles at least in 1020/2500.

How Can I run rivatuner osd and fraps concurrently?

Edit2: lol, it is under 1.037 nearly always. Even on 750/2000. It is often 0.987V Can I fix that? Is it possible that I've broken something with overclocking? Is this qualified to warranty?

I've setted 1000/2400 then it was 1.037V. Then, I've turned on Crysis 3. when game was somewhere in the middle of loading, it dropped to 1.012V

Edit3: Voltage is normal(1.037) when I'm not in the game