Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
terzer

Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

I know, but i thought it was still worth a shot. Either way, I was either gonna fix the Boost problem on my own, or return the laptop to Dell. A technician will come and replace the mobo today, hopefully i will have no more issues.

Hello people. I've been dealing with lack of performance on my Dell Inspiron 7720 and found out, that the GPU clocks are stuckejdj at the 745 MHz. I ran on to this forum, registered and read almost everything in this thread. It seems slv7 mods are good and functional and problems may be with russion version. Brick really should not bother me because laptop's under warranty and Dell guarranties me the next bussiness day on site service, but after all, it will be unfortunate and I've got newest A13 BIOS revision.

So, please tell me, what shoud I do to overclock the graphic card? It is i5 3210M version, bought on 1st December 2012 in Czech Republic. Thanks a lot for your reply.

P.S. Pardon my english :)

i5 should be fine with the sl7 bios.

it's us with the newest i7's that have problems

i5 should be fine with the sl7 bios.

it's us with the newest i7's that have problems

Well hold on. I'm not quite sure that's the case. Since I doubt it's the cpu as such as to why it bricks. I think its a hardware revision that came about adding a windows 8 key to the machine which bricks the devices upon flashing the mod. But since the newer i7 3630qm only gets sold with windows 8, many like my self used that to tell whether you could flash the mod or not. But the notebook obviously gets sold with i5 versions as well.

Tl;DR; If you've bought your inspiron 7720 (17r-se) with windows 8 chances are you will brick your notebook with both svl as the Russian mod.

Ben

Hi there. I want to introduce the vBIOS mod. Please tell me the steps on windows7 (FLASH.bat). Place a FlashTool & BIOS.ROM in the same directory, only double-click the FLASH.bat?

I have successfully applied vBIOS. I checked the GPUZ. "GPU Clock it (not boost)" is 835MH. I will not be locked running the benchmark. Amazing! Thank you svl7!

My 7720's CPU is i5. There was no problem to apply.

I have a 77200 SE but with a i7 3610QM, and i'm wonderind if it will brick with this proccesos as well?

I have a 77200 SE but with a i7 3610QM, and i'm wonderind if it will brick with this proccesos as well?

will not, can not worry.

7720 with 3610qm cpu won't brick with the vbios mod, but 3630 will.

I was wondering if someone here could make a vbios mod for the 7720s with 3630qm CPU..... I will donate once it have done

7720 with 3610qm cpu won't brick with the vbios mod, but 3630 will.

I was wondering if someone here could make a vbios mod for the 7720s with 3630qm CPU..... I will donate once it have done

I will donate even more as well. someone's gotta figure it out sooner or later I hope.

So it works with the new i5 but not with i7 3630QM :64:! Was ready to flash but now I think I will wait for a fix.

I've tried this one and it does unlock my bios option, but my GPU is still locked at 745mhz clock and i can only overclock my gddr.. how do i overclock the clock speed?

What processor do u have? i5/i73610qm/i73630qm?

is safe for i73610qm or not ?? Once i`ve briced my dell7720 with "Bios Dell Inspiron 7720SE unlock all menu"

How can I revert to the original Dell BIOS?

What processor do u have? i5/i73610qm/i73630qm?

it's the i7-3630qm with 3D screen so there's no optimus in the system, is it different from the normal one?

Edit: I've bricked my laptop 2 days ago after trying to revert back to the original A14 bios from the unlock bios one, now it still on dell carry in service :|

shame, GT650m could be working at least in 1100mhz stably, but DELL is really doing something suck about it:Banane24:

installed on my Dell Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610M. No problem there ... restore "native" Bios also does not cause any problems .....

probably because mine was i7-3630qm.. it's all good now, but I'll just use standard clock.. I've given up overclocking this laptop..

I have the same system as Leezard above and I really need a unlocked bios that will allow me to change the clock speed of my gpu.

here's a link to the standard bios from dell Driver Details | Dell South Africa

N.B the cpu is a i7-3630qm not the 3610m

Any help appreciated

Hi! I've just joined the forum because I've bricked my new 7720 with i7-3630QM with the modded BIOS.

Olehkh, after reading the forum I think that your BIOS is becoming a plague for newer 7720 Dells! I'm not saying it is your fault since it works on your end and it seemed to work on my laptop as well (until I removed the battery), but I think you should either try to help mitigate the problem, remove the bios from the public forum or create a disclaimer which would state it will totally brick some laptops.
As for my case, I need the laptop for work and I thought that the unlocked ROM will enable the Wake on LAN settings on the laptop, but instead it just powers on and lights the three keys from left to right. Also, the bios-overwrite procedure (pressing END while plugging the AC) doesn't work - it starts the laptop with full fan speed, but apart from that it's the same as the normal start. I've tried putting the USB with BIOS.cap (from the official update) and UEFI boot files as well as your DOS-bootable files with your rom into all 4 USB sockets and I used 4 different USB sticks (32MB noname, 512MB Kingston, 512 MB PQI and a new 16 GB) . I have tested the CD and DVD with the same files and as a long shot also the DVD they gave me with the laptop with the OS and I'm really going out of options. I'm open to suggestions and I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hi! I've just joined the forum because I've bricked my new 7720 with i7-3630QM with the modded BIOS.
Olehkh, after reading the forum I think that your BIOS is becoming a plague for newer 7720 Dells! I'm not saying it is your fault since it works on your end and it seemed to work on my laptop as well (until I removed the battery), but I think you should either try to help mitigate the problem, remove the bios from the public forum or create a disclaimer which would state it will totally brick some laptops.
As for my case, I need the laptop for work and I thought that the unlocked ROM will enable the Wake on LAN settings on the laptop, but instead it just powers on and lights the three keys from left to right. Also, the bios-overwrite procedure (pressing END while plugging the AC) doesn't work - it starts the laptop with full fan speed, but apart from that it's the same as the normal start. I've tried putting the USB with BIOS.cap (from the official update) and UEFI boot files as well as your DOS-bootable files with your rom into all 4 USB sockets and I used 4 different USB sticks (32MB noname, 512MB Kingston, 512 MB PQI and a new 16 GB) . I have tested the CD and DVD with the same files and as a long shot also the DVD they gave me with the laptop with the OS and I'm really going out of options. I'm open to suggestions and I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

the only fix for mine has been to replace the motherboard. twice it's happened on different occasions. and it seems to be the fix it all thing to do... when in doubt replace motherboard.

The files on the russian website are deleted. Can anyone reupload those again somewhere else?

Also, Inspiron 7720 accumulates a lot of dust in the fan outlet, so opening up the fan unit (NOT HEATSINK) and cleaning it up may help too.