Dell Inspiron 7720 650m GDDR5 modded vBIOS

but there is a way , like take out battery use nvidia inspector, pstate o5 , it works fine at 1020 , 2600.... 1.012v , works with every game , but i want it unlock and work with battery .... :) thanks for reply .

You have make it work without battery ??? At the notes the 1st thing you have to do is put buttery how you tried it without battery and it work ?

You have make it work without battery ??? At the notes the 1st thing you have to do is put buttery how you tried it without battery and it work ?

it works , now i m at 1020 , 2780 :) jus when you oc dont turn off laptop ... or it will reset back to 745

• 4 weeks later...
Hello.

I have a bricked Inspiron 17R SE.

Does anyone have a "17R-SE_Crisis_Recovery_Capsule.rar" or something like it?

Thank you a lot.

with 3630qm model this bios wont work n causing brick ... so ask dell support or claim it ... ty

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for letting me know and for reading my poor English.

And...can I expect to unbrick it if someone share the original version of 16A that running on the 3630qm model...?

Hmm...

yes afcource .. nothing is impossible .. you can contact form modz to help you out ....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. Have problem with boosting my gt 650m on my dell 7720. GPU clock stucked on 745 MHz and its impossible to increase it by nvidia inspector or msi afterburner. BIOS a16. Tell me is it possible to solve this problem and boost to 880 MHz? Thanks in advance

post-31155-14494998771438_thumb.gif

Hi guys. Have problem with boosting my gt 650m on my dell 7720. GPU clock stucked on 745 MHz and its impossible to increase it by nvidia inspector or msi afterburner. BIOS a16. Tell me is it possible to solve this problem and boost to 880 MHz? Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13138[/ATTACH]

if the vbios allows for changing power and temp limit I would use EVGA Precision X app to set your gpu. I know Afterburner hasnt worked for volt control and such for my 880m's

• 3 months later...

Эй, кто-нибудь есть копия 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_unlock_var1.rar? Ссылка RGhost в файл был удален. Он работал отлично на моем 7720, чтобы разблокировать все, то я думаю, что я случайно удалил свою копию. Я пытался новый файл 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD.rar и это не дает мне какие-либо новые возможности в BIOS. И 7720_A12_AES_MSR_0xE2_MOD_newvbios.rar делает компьютер перестанет загружаться, пока я не перезагрузить фондовый A12 BIOS от более флэш-накопитель .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok....so it IS ok to use this bios still on a 3610qm cpu version??? I have that CPU and would love to try this bios update but I'm reading that if you ever pull off the battery AND unplug it you will be bricked???

Anyone have 100% info on this before I flash?

I've running the latest dell a16 updated bios....downloaded the latest modded one here but scared to flash until I get confirmation on the 3610qm AND being able to remove the battery without bricking!

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi, have a two questions because i want flash unlocked bios, so my question is

Where i find unlocked A16 bios ? (latest bios) for my laptop (this is the model Dell Inspiron 7720 i7-3610QM/16GB/1000/7HP64 1080p - Notebook / Laptop 17,3" - Sklep komputerowy - X-KOM.PL)

And second is very important if i flash unlocked A16 Bios and pull of the battery or unplug power cable then laptop will be bricked ?

• 2 weeks later...
in 3610qm no problems

Hello Oleh,

I purchased the BIOS you posted on Rghost(no_boost_970MHz) and tested it on my 17r 7720(3610QM). It works great without any problems(no brick after unplugging the power as well).:joyous:

Thank you so much!

And I would like to ask if you can modify it to change the boost frequency into a larger one(e.g. 1050 or 1099 Mhz)?

I've tested 1100Mhz for 3D Mark 11(using MSI Afterburner) and it works fine. I dont know if it is safe to set the maximum boost frequency for 1100Mhz?

Thank you again for your excellent work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:My 7720 also got BRICKED after removing the battery and PSU...Now I got only black screen and the power light, no access to the BIOS even.

Maybe my BIOS just got bricked.

Could you please give me some instructions on restoring the BIOS?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 2 :I got no solution but sent it back to for warranty again... And after nearly one month they sent it back with a laptop whose dedicated graphic card cannot be detected...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi. I know it's been a while since the laptop premiere, but I still own a Dell 7720 with 3610QM and GT 650M. Ever since I bought this laptop, I've struggled with gpu throttling but the A17 bios seems to have fixed it. However, my problem is that my GPU won't go past 745Mhz. Even when I overclock it to say 850Mhz, it still stays at 745Mhz no matter what. I've tried changing performance settings in power management as well as Nvidia control panel. Immediately after upgrading bios to A17 it worked for some time, but now the problem returned. I've tried looking for a solution in this topic, but reading through 15 pages of quite lenghty posts is kinda hard. Do you have any solution to get my gpu go past 745Mhz clock? Best regards.   

• 10 months later...

Hi, anyone still looking for a modified bios look here:

http://ad-file.com/6mNQQLbFW
http://ad-file.com/8RHrzSgbY
http://ad-file.com/8PW6rzdhq
http://ad-file.com/857c8fgrd

I emailed according to the links and made a small donation. Now running with an unlocked bios on my Dell 17R 7720 SE. They unlock overclocking on the 650m and also all bios options.

Having read the thread these seem to work on the i5 3230m (my cpu), i5 3210m and i7 3610m

I have no idea if they work with the i7 3630m but even if running on a supported cpu, run at your own risk. I took the risk and it paid off but it may not for you!

Edited by Dodgexander

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So the modded bios (newest version 7720_A17 MS... intel vbios 2170.7z) still brick motherboards. I've i3610QM on mobo DA0R09MB6H1 rev.H and i bricked my dell 2 days ago (now if I hit the power button the computer comes on with fan and cycles thru the 3 button lights on top right, keyboard lights up but fan remains spinning on high and if I hit any buttons on keyboard I get "beeps"). The brick was done when I removed the AC, battery was still in notebook. Additionally, the bios recovery procedure posted by Molfar

really don't work. Any other too, One way is reprogramming bios by external tool (or buy new mobo). Be careful.
Edited by pakox

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2017 at 10:11 PM, Dodgexander said:

Hi, anyone still looking for a modified bios look here:

http://ad-file.com/6mNQQLbFW
http://ad-file.com/8RHrzSgbY
http://ad-file.com/8PW6rzdhq
http://ad-file.com/857c8fgrd

I emailed according to the links and made a small donation. Now running with an unlocked bios on my Dell 17R 7720 SE. They unlock overclocking on the 650m and also all bios options.

Having read the thread these seem to work on the i5 3230m (my cpu), i5 3210m and i7 3610m

I have no idea if they work with the i7 3630m but even if running on a supported cpu, run at your own risk. I took the risk and it paid off but it may not for you!

Could you please reupload the files? Thank you :)